FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vanquish 2 Level 4 Questions

Post Date: 2014-07-30

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TiMTaM View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TiMTaM Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish 2 Level 4 Questions
    Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 9:52pm
Hi, I just registered to the forums. (Wasn't sure where this topic should go so I put it in general discussion :P) I have been recently looking for a (relatively) cheap gaming PC, that would still run well enough to play almost any game at 1080p. I have looked at other sites but their reviews of them using cheap parts and poor costumer service scared me off of their websites. Then I found this website and have been really excited to buy the "Vanquish 2 Level 4" as my first real gaming PC! And will most likely be purchasing it within the next month! :D

I just wanted to say hi, and say that from what I read on the forums the community is awesome (even seeing admins reply to topics all the time).

I do have a couple of questions, are you able to hook up more than one monitor to the computer? And what service do they use to ship the computers to the customer? (For ground delivery). Also my biggest fear, do computers usually always arrive safely after being handled by the delivery company?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions! I look forward to buying a computer from you guys soon!

Edited by TiMTaM - 30 Jul 2014 at 9:53pm
Ariktu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Ariktu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 10:30pm
My Vanquish level 4 arrived fine.

I did make sure to check that everything seemed to be plugged in like the ram and video card.

Any computer shipped has a chance of arriving with some issues from any company. The good news is DS will help you if you have issues.

Plus this forum is filled with people who will also try and help you if they can.

Mine was shipped via Fedex. I am not sure if they always use them or if other carriers can be used.

Edited by Ariktu - 30 Jul 2014 at 10:31pm
Nav View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Employee

Quote Nav Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 10:39pm
It seems Ariktu answered the shipping questions.

In regards to the dual-monitors, yes. The Lv. 4's GTX 770 has two DVI, one HDMI and one DisplayPort for multi-monitor use.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 1:40am
For your questions, Ariktu and Nav have nailed them.

I have the Vanquish II Ultimate and can tell you that it runs all my games on Ultra with no issues whatsoever.  I run many temperature programs in the background to see when and if I actually start to push it to it's limit...  I haven't found that yet.

Read around the boards some more, youlll see examples of DS's customer service going above and beyond what is necessary to keep these customers happy.

You can't go wrong with Digital Storm or the entry level Vanquish II line, imho.
TiMTaM View Drop Down

Quote TiMTaM Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 10:26am
Thanks for all your answers!
I just have a few more questions (lol).. I am probably going to get the gaming keyboard and mouse that they offer for I think 40 dollars with the computer, and I just wanted to know if anyone has ordered these what their experiences were. Also, I would assume they are shipped in separate boxes is there an additional shipping cost? Lastly, I know it takes 3 days for them to ship it out, but after that how long does it take to arrive at your door? Not that I impatient, just curious. :P

Thanks again!
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 10:44am
Can't answer the accessory question but the ground time to your door depends where you live.   I live in Connecticut and it took 5 business days to get here.  Weekends are extra time.   

Good Luck. Big%20Smile
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 11:37am
I have the mouse/keyboard option. It was supposed to be boxed with the machine, but since I picked it up (instead of shipping) it was separate... which was fine. I do believe the shipping is the same either way... we're talking about 2#s maybe in weight. You'd have to get Alex or someone in shipping to give you exact figures.

The mouse and keyboard bundle that you can buy are not specifically gaming peripherals. Logitech standard k200 keyboard and mouse. Good all around generics and, as I needed them for the new machine, I thought I'd get them at the same time as purchase. I have no problems, although users with larger hands that use the 'palm' grip may find the mouse a bit small. (I'm a claw person, so it's size really doesn't bother me.)

As for shipping, ground, with ordering let's use the example of you ordering on Monday, the 1st of whenever. You order on day one and if everything checks out with the bean counters, your order heads straight to the floor. They have 3 days to test your preconfigured rig. They've built thousands of the Vanquishes and so they already have parts and pieces just to put them in the case.

After the testing, your machine will ship 72 hours later, probably Wednesday the 3rd of whenever. Now, it's down to where you live. If you live in California or a bordering state you can expect it in about 3 days. Midwest or Central region: 5 days. East coast as many as 7 days.

Notice these are BUSINESS days, not everyday. If you live in California and you order it on Monday the 1st, you should get it the next Monday, the 8th. If you live in NY, it should arrive around Monday the 15th. Plan accordingly for locations in between.

Please note these are HUGE generalities and should in no way be taken as gospel truth.

Hope that info helps you. Looking forward to welcoming you to the DS family.

Cheers
TiMTaM View Drop Down

Quote TiMTaM Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Snaike

The mouse and keyboard bundle that you can buy are not specifically gaming peripherals.

Cheers

Thanks Snaike (and of course others) for all your help! :)
I was talking about the option called "CM Storm Devastator Bundle (Gaming Keyboard and Mouse)". I did also see the Logitech keyboard and mouse you were talking about though too. I don't know why I didn't think about just googling reviews for the two lol. I'll do that now. ;)
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 5:42am
Ah... Thanks for the clarification... I read "$40 bundle" and I assumed you meant the baby version like mine.  No worries.

Hope to see your "Verified Customer" badge soon and you're always welcome to come on in and ask questions about DS and their fantabulous machines. Smile
Ariktu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Ariktu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 2:21pm
The mouse keyboard combo seems ok.

I use a Logitech g500 mouse and a g15 keyboard so I kept using them when I got my system.

Generally buying separate mice and keyboards will get you better components although if money is tight these should do the job. 
 Post Reply Post Reply