Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dexster View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Dexster Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish 2 Level 3
    Posted: 09 Sep 2014 at 1:52pm
Hello all!

I've been looking around for quite some time now for a new computer to game with since my laptop now is slowly dying and I need it for school. I am looking heavily into the Vanquish 2 level 3. I'm not much of a computer geek and don't know much at all about what all the specs mean, only from what I look up or read on. I play world of warcraft, cs:go and League of Legends, maybe some more steam games if this computer can handle it. I've never really had any gaming computer. I'm not a huge graphics freak either, usually I just play on the default graphics that the game starts up with. I guess my question is, will this computer be able to handle these games and other steam games with no problem? If this graphics card can handle it, I'd love to do dual monitors, but if not.. then one will do just fine. I won't be doing much on this computer other than gaming.

Any advice or tips welcomed!

Thanks so very much in advance!
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Sep 2014 at 2:19pm
Hi Dexster... Welcome to the forums.   The Vanquish lvl 3 with its gtx 760 will play most games on High with little problem. Max graphics with a lot of games is possible.   You didn't mention the monitor, but this assumes a 1920x1080 screen or less. It'll certainly run dual monitor, but fps drop because of the added work.   

Hope this helps and good luck.

Edited by bprat22 - 09 Sep 2014 at 2:21pm
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Sep 2014 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by bprat22

Hi Dexster... Welcome to the forums.   The Vanquish lvl 3 with its gtx 760 will play most games on High with little problem. Max graphics with a lot of games is possible.   You didn't mention the monitor, but this assumes a 1920x1080 screen or less. It'll certainly run dual monitor, but fps drop because of the added work.   

^^This^^

And hello, welcome to the DS forums..
Dexster View Drop Down

Quote Dexster Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Sep 2014 at 4:13pm

Okay, awesome! I also have been seeing that the vanquish doesn't come with wifi. I've been looking around for a semi cheap one (less than $40) to do the job, but.. To be honest, I don't know what's good or bad. lol. Anyone recommend one??

Another question I have.. I see that DS is not open on weekends, does this mean that if I order it on Friday of this week, that they won't start to process and get my order ready to ship until monday, and probably won't be shipped out until wednesday of next week with the 72 hour turn around?

Thanks again!
Rockcem View Drop Down

Quote Rockcem Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Sep 2014 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by Dexster

Okay, awesome! I also have been seeing that the vanquish doesn't come with wifi. I've been looking around for a semi cheap one (less than $40) to do the job, but.. To be honest, I don't know what's good or bad. lol. Anyone recommend one??

Another question I have.. I see that DS is not open on weekends, does this mean that if I order it on Friday of this week, that they won't start to process and get my order ready to ship until monday, and probably won't be shipped out until wednesday of next week with the 72 hour turn around?

Thanks again!
A good wifi adapter would be the Netgear N600 or N300, I myself bought the N600 from Best Buy (It was on sale for 32$) so if you have a best buy nearby you could check that out! :p Also a couple people have the N300, I believe Snaike has one! Not sure tho!
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Sep 2014 at 5:05pm
Aye... I'm using the NetGear 300 and it's fantastic for my needs.

Also, the answer to your question is yes. DS is not open weekends. They will start your order as soon as the finances are finished. If you order on Friday, before they close and your order is confirmed, then Friday counts as Day 1 and you're looking at a Tuesday ship. If they have to wait for Monday to the payment to clear, then you're looking at a Wednesday ship.

Hope that helps.
Dexster View Drop Down

Quote Dexster Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 2:53pm
Just wanted to say thank you for the responses and I have decided to order the Vanquish 2 level 3.. I'm currently in stage 1.. the longest wait ever begins..
Rockcem View Drop Down

Quote Rockcem Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 4:56pm

the longest wait ever begins..
I know how you feel man :p I ordered my Vanquish 2 L4 on Friday and hoping I get it tomorrow but estimated delivery is Tuesday :(
Dexster View Drop Down

Quote Dexster Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 4:57pm
@ Rockcem -

How long did it take for you to go through the stages?
Rockcem View Drop Down

Quote Rockcem Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 5:00pm

@ Rockcem -

Well, I ordered on a Friday night and it hit stage 6 on Monday and shipped on Tuesday :p and since I live in the easy coast my wait time is like a week
Dexster View Drop Down

Quote Dexster Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Rockcem

@ Rockcem -

Well, I ordered on a Friday night and it hit stage 6 on Monday and shipped on Tuesday :p and since I live in the easy coast my wait time is like a week

Okay.. So, since I ordered today around 2.. Then I can hope for a monday ship? possibly tuesday? I'm also on the east coast.. If mine follows your schedule then i'll probably see it on the 23rd of September.
Rockcem View Drop Down

Quote Rockcem Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 6:29pm

@ Rockcem -

Okay.. So, since I ordered today around 2.. Then I can hope for a monday ship? possibly tuesday? I'm also on the east coast.. If mine follows your schedule then i'll probably see it on the 23rd of September.
Yup! When it ships it should tell you the estimated time, Just constantly check your conformation code on the website alot on "My Account"
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 12:03am
Vanquish ships in 72 hours (max) from account(fund) verification.

If you ordered on Thursday (11th) and the account is verified, you will ship on Tuesday the 16th (DS is closed over the weekends) at the latest.

Give 5-7 days to get across country, you should have it on the 22nd or 23rd.  Having said that, don't be surprised if it shows up Friday the 19th!  (fingers crossed)

Also, if your forum account email matches your ordering email, you'll get the nice "Verified Customer" badge here.  But you have to make sure that it's the exact same email (yes, case sensitive.)

Best of luck, welcome to the DS family and try to distract yourself while you wait.

It's gonna be GREAT!!
Dexster View Drop Down

Quote Dexster Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 3:57pm
Well just got an email about an hour ago that it has already shipped!! Much much earlier than I thought, now here comes the days of checking the tracking over and over to see when it's coming in...
Rockcem View Drop Down

Quote Rockcem Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 7:52pm

Well just got an email about an hour ago that it has already shipped!! Much much earlier than I thought, now here comes the days of checking the tracking over and over to see when it's coming in...
Holy crap you are lucky! :p Mine didn't ship until Tuesday! Maybe you'll get your computer on a Friday :p
Dexster View Drop Down

Quote Dexster Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 9:53pm

Holy crap you are lucky! :p Mine didn't ship until Tuesday! Maybe you'll get your computer on a Friday :p

UPS says that delivery will be Friday before the end of the day… Completely impressed with how quick i'm going to receive this computer.. Hoping that it works and everything is going to go good! Awesome job DS!
Rockcem View Drop Down

Quote Rockcem Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 9:58pm

UPS says that delivery will be Friday before the end of the day… Completely impressed with how quick i'm going to receive this computer.. Hoping that it works and everything is going to go good! Awesome job DS!
Wow! Amazing! I'm right there with you! If FedEx delivers weekends I should be getting mine Saturday(So today) or on Monday, Still Impressive considering they are shipping across the country!
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 1:38am

(To quote Penny from TBBT) "Holy crap on a cracker!" ...

One day turnaround from order to shipping?  That's bloody impressive.  Yea,  you'll be playing this weekend.

Congratulations and send pics!  Drooling
Dexster View Drop Down

Quote Dexster Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 10:50am
i'll be sure to take pics… If I can remember to..

Also, just wanted to say thank you again to you all! Answered all my questions and so very nice and helpful. Thanks again. :)
Dexster View Drop Down

Quote Dexster Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 12:37pm
THE BEAST HAS BEEN RECIEVED!@!@!@! I got my Vanquish level 3 today after placing my order last Thursday (9/11). I have to say this thing is a BEAST. I LOVE IT. I will be uploading some pics of the setup later. Awesome job DS. Quick start up, no problems.

EDIT: Currently downloading games then i'll come back and tell you my experience of wow and league and cs;go.

Edited by Dexster - 19 Sep 2014 at 12:38pm
Gunlord View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Gunlord Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 1:58pm
Niiiiiiiiice! Glad to hear it's working well. Show us pics too! :D
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 1:55am

UPS says that delivery will be Friday before the end of the day…

BANG! .. .right on the money UPS.

Excellent excellent...  enjoy those games.  Big%20Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply