FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ultimate Spec Needed - Wow, Dual Boxing, GW2, etc.

Post Date: 2009-12-31

Post Reply Post Reply
Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Damon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Damon Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Ultimate Spec Needed - Wow, Dual Boxing, GW2, etc.
    Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 12:38pm
I am an avid gamer that is looking for the Ultimate spec to play World of Warcraft and Guild Wars today.

I also plan on playing WoW Cataclysm, Guild Wars 2, Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 all at their MAX settings to get the most out of the game.

I tried to develop a customized spec on my own, but I found that I kept gravitating towards the most expensive options without regards to what was actually best or needed.

Couple of key items:

1. I have been dual boxing recently (having two sessions of WoW open at the same time) so I am looking for two spec options (I am not sure if the spec is actually different or not so clarity would help):

Option 1 - would be to have two monitors connected and run a gaming session in each one (I think this is possible)

Option 2 - would be to have one monitor connected and run one session minimized until I have to switch (this is what I am currently doing, but eventually the game gets real slow, laggy and unplayable from minimizing and restoring the session)

2. I am not budget constrained. So what I am looking for is to build the ultimate machine today that would allow me to run all games listed above at their max settings AND also have the ability to play any future releases or expansions without any major upgrades.

3. I have put off getting a new machine for a long time since I didn't want to buy one and than say, "I should have waited and got that upgrade option instead". With that in mind, is there any major new technology that will be released shortly that is worth waiting for to create the ultimate gaming experience?

4. I currently have a Samsung 22" monitor, to get the most out of the Digital Storm experience what would you recommend for the Ultimate monitor to compliment your AWESOME rig??

Looking forward to your incite and advice...thanking you in advance for the guidance!!!

CAN NOT WAIT for your reply!!!

Kinesis View Drop Down

Quote Kinesis Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 1:39pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 3:11pm
Here you go Ticket# 369623 --- Price: $3423 (To see this build click here) Price after current promotion $3423

Copy of Specifications:
Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Cooler Master HAF 932
Exterior Finish: - Not Available
Trim Accents: - Not Available
Processor: Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz (Quad Core)
Motherboard: EVGA X58 3X SLI (Intel X58 Chipset) (Supports Triple SLI or CrossFire)
System Memory: 6GB DDR3 1600MHz Digital Storm Certified (Highly Recommended) (Hand Tested)
Power Supply: 1000W Corsair (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible)
Expansion Bay: - Not Available
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (256GB Solid State (By: Corsair) (Model: CMFSSD-256GBG2D)
Set 1 Raid Options: - Not Available
Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: 1x (500GB Western Digital (16MB Cache) (7200 RPM) (SATA)
Hard Drive Set 3: Backup\Misc.: - No Thanks
Optical Drive 1: DVD±R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 22x / CD-Writer 48x)
Optical Drive 2: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Video Card: 1x ATI Radeon HD 5970 2GB
Add-on Card: - No Thanks
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Extreme Cooling: AIR: Stage 1: Noctua Dual 120mm Fans High Performance Cooler (Compatible With ONLY i7 Processors)
H20 Tube Color:- Not Available
Chassis Airflow: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: Internal Chassis Lighting System (Red)
Enhancements: - Not Available
Chassis Mods: - Not Available
Noise Reduction: - Not Available
Boost Processor: FREE: Stage 1: Overclock the processor between 3.3GHz to 3.9GHz (Requires Air Cooling Upgrade)
Boost Video Card: - Not Available
Boost Memory: - Not Available
Boost OS: - Not Available
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit Edition)
Restore Kit: Digital Storm Specialized Recovery System (DVD Image Based)
Virus Protection: - Not Available
Office: - Not Available
Benchmarking: - Not Available
Install/Test Game: - Not Available
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
External Storage: - No Thanks
Exclusive T-Shirt: FREE: Digital Storm T-Shirt - Black (Large)
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 5-10 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: !PROMO BUNDLE: 4 Year Platinum Care Extended Parts & Labor Warranty (Highly Recommended)
Newbieevgaati View Drop Down

Quote Newbieevgaati Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 4:49pm
Mr K
     read my thoughts beet me to it....send checks to Mr K at ...... $49.95 if you want it and $59.95....if you don't.
Bill

Mr Damon.  I be new to this but Mr DST4ME is pretty sharp... I'd listen to him.... now back to that money not an issue.....Broken%20Heart  Have a Happy New years... good
luck with your rig....man that link...holy sh#tttt.  I mean HOLY SH#######T.
and moblie to boot. 
Thanks from your loving
Forum W.....
Damon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Damon Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 5:09pm
Thank you so much for the FAST reply!

DST4ME - Just to clarify, can you quickly address my five points below (so I know for sure everything will be perfect before ordering).

Couple of key items:

1. I have been dual boxing recently (having two sessions of WoW open at the same time) so I am looking for two spec options (I am not sure if the spec is actually different or not so clarity would help):

Option 1 - would be to have two monitors connected and run a gaming session in each one (I think this is possible)

Option 2 - would be to have one monitor connected and run one session minimized until I have to switch (this is what I am currently doing, but eventually the game gets real slow, laggy and unplayable from minimizing and restoring the session)

Can your spec run Option 1?

2. I am not budget constrained. So what I am looking for is to build the ultimate machine today that would allow me to run all games listed above at their max settings AND also have the ability to play any future releases or expansions without any major upgrades.

Will your build be OK for a long time without upgrade?

3. I have put off getting a new machine for a long time since I didn't want to buy one and than say, "I should have waited and got that upgrade option instead". With that in mind, is there any major new technology that will be released shortly that is worth waiting for to create the ultimate gaming experience?

Any new technology coming out soon that is worth waiting for?

4. I currently have a Samsung 22" monitor, to get the most out of the Digital Storm experience what would you recommend for the Ultimate monitor to compliment your AWESOME rig??

What would be your recommendation for Ultimate monitor and model to compliment your build?

5. Looks like keyboard and mouse are not included, what would you recommend?

Let me know your thoughts on above and thank you soooo much for your time!!!!
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 5:52pm
My pleasure

1. the 5970 can run 2 monitors. it can do Eyefinity also.

2. what do you consider major upgrade? to us that would be a mobo or cpu change. Ram,gpu,HDDs are not major upgrades. only upgrade I might see you do here is maybe adding another 5970 should you need extra power, that is a 2 minute job and not major at all. Problem here is that I'm not sure what kind of a gpu power you need to run 2 instances of wow at the same time on 2 different monitors with a res of 1900 x 1200 each, so I'm thinking the 5970 has you covered.

3. well sometime in 2010 we should get real usb 3.0 and sata 3.0 but that is not for gaming so much, but there is always something around the corner that is better.

4. I'm not a big monitor expert but I have learned that when buying a monitor look for a monitor that has the same Viewing Angle, both vertical and horizontal, and is at or above 170°, this is a sign of a quality panel on a monitor, assuring great picture quality. having said that the Dell UltraSharp U2410 seems to be a good 24" to get.

5. keyboard and mouse I'm not great at either, search the forum and you will find many recommendations in the general section and hardware section.

Edited by DST4ME - 31 Dec 2009 at 5:55pm
Damon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Damon Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 7:01pm
WOW - Amazing customer service!!

Quick questions:

1. Would it make sense to upgrade to 2 - 5970 now? (I am assuming that the 2 X Crossfire Quad for $799 is the option you are referrring to - correct?)

2. Would anything else in your spec have to change to accomodate and support the additional graphics card? If so, can you resend the updated spec.

I can not thank you enough for your advice - you guys are AWESOME!!!

Talk to you soon.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 7:30pm
1. yes the 2 x 5970 is what I'm talking about, but after further thought, I'm thinking 2 x 5870 is better for you, it should give you better fps also, basically 3 x 5870 gives better performance then 2 x 5970, right now you can go with 2 and if some how you see you need more power down the road, just drop in a third one at that time, its real easy, I can show your 12 year old cousin to do it .

2. nothing needs to be changed, if you decide to go with 1 x 5970 then when you are ready you just drop in the second one. you will simply use 2 power connectors that are there already and connect them to the gpu and then place the gpu in the pci slot, you are done. If you decide to go wtih 2 x 5870 now and then down the road you wanna drop in a third one, its the same as 5970, just connect the power cables and drop in pci slot, done.

then you just reboot and install drivers, which if you have ever done is no different then installing a game or an app.

My pleasure

just keep in mind that I'm just a member and don't work for DS nor am I affiliated in anyway, I was just so impressed with their customer service and quality that I decided to stick around and help others that want a DS system

in case you want the change to 2 x 5870 done for you here it is, its the save as above, the only difference is the gpu:

Here you go Ticket# 369715 --- Price: $3604 (To see this build click here) Price after current promotion $3604

Copy of Specifications:
Motherboard: EVGA X58 3X SLI (Intel X58 Chipset) (Supports Triple SLI or CrossFire)
System Memory: 6GB DDR3 1600MHz Digital Storm Certified (Highly Recommended) (Hand Tested)
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (256GB Solid State (By: Corsair) (Model: CMFSSD-256GBG2D)
Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: 1x (500GB Western Digital (16MB Cache) (7200 RPM) (SATA)
Hard Drive Set 3: Backup\Misc.: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Video Card: 2x CrossFire Dual (ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB)
Extreme Cooling: AIR: Stage 1: Noctua Dual 120mm Fans High Performance Cooler (Compatible With ONLY i7 Processors)
Boost Processor: FREE: Stage 1: Overclock the processor between 3.3GHz to 3.9GHz (Requires Air Cooling Upgrade)
Exclusive T-Shirt: FREE: Digital Storm T-Shirt - Black (Large)
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 5-10 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: !PROMO BUNDLE: 4 Year Platinum Care Extended Parts & Labor Warranty (Highly Recommended)

Edited by DST4ME - 31 Dec 2009 at 7:32pm
Damon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Damon Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 2:41am
DST4ME - Would 3 x 5870 be overkill? I really want to max out video settings for max effect.

I am trying to modify your lasted linked build to 3 x 5870 and it won't let me.

Can you modify link so i can see price difference and what do you think of upgrading to 3 x 5870 now?

Just trying to understand the video option before purchase.

If you were me, what would you do regarding video?

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 3:07am
IF I were you, what I would do is figure out if I need 1 x 5870 to get 60 fps to run dual boxing or 2 x 5870, and I'm sure that the wow forums or http://www.dual-boxing.com you can find the answer, if the answer is 1 x 5870 then I would go with that, if its 2 x 5870 or 3 x 5870 then I would go with that.

I doubt you will need 3 x 5870, I'm not 100% sure you even need 2 to be honest.

the config is from a budget build so 3 x 5870 is not an option, you will have to call them and as how much it would be to add a third to that build, the only other way to do this would be to go to blackops but over there prices are higher for everything, I just priced a duplicate config and it came out to be few hundred more, not sure why.

Edited by DST4ME - 01 Jan 2010 at 3:07am
Damon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Damon Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 3:28am
So you would not go with 1x 5970 or 2 x 5970? (seems like the higher number would be better)

You suggest the lower 5870 configs? (just trying to understand the cards)

I am a newb at this so I just don't want to make a mistake.

THANK YOU for your time - YOU ROCK!!!
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 3:38am
My pleasure

ok let me explain

5970 = almost 2 x 5870 but card is in internal cf.

since 5970 is more powerful you would expect that 2 x 5970 should beat 3 x 5870, but it does not work out like that, scaling in quad fire is not as good as tri fire, so 3 x 5870 does better then 2 x 5970.

now 2 x 5870 will do bettter then 1 x 5970 so if you need that much power, the 2 x 5870 is a better choice.

now none of that matters if you don't see the performance difference, for example far cry2 with high settings and 8x aa at 1900 x 1200, you could not tell if the system has 1 x 5870 or 2 x 5870 cause 1 x 5870 will give you 50 to 60 fps, so you get smooth gaming for average of the game if not the whole game. so for this instance 1 x 5870 will do.

now what I'm saying is that find out what you need to get 60 fps with dual boxing and whatever that is go with that, I'm guessing its 2 x 5870 or around that range.
Damon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Damon Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 3:33am

New to SSD so I have a few questions about the HardDrives:

1. Do you just load the Operating System on the SSD?

2. Which drive do you load your games and programs on?

3. Would it make sense to add a third hard drive? If yes, which one??
Raif View Drop Down

Quote Raif Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 5:47am
hey where can u get diablo III i have been going nuts looking for it for many years

1 the ssd should be on hdd1 which is the set with the os on it. there you wil see its performance the msot.

2 personal preference... me i would put only my most used and most demanding games on it everything that i do not really care about like music, movies, pictures, less played games, older games that wont see the benefit, ect i would put on hdd2

3 personal preference again each game is roughly 10gb.. so at a total 756gb thats roughly 75 games. you can always add more hard drives
2.5 Ghz Core duo
Nvidia 9500 gt
3 gb 1033 Mhz ram

if we can't answer a question shoot a e-mail here.

[email protected]
madmaligor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote madmaligor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 6:04am
Originally posted by Raif

hey where can u get diablo III i have been going nuts looking for it for many years

No Diablo III yet Wink  heck I read recently on the blizz forums that it may be 2011 before we see it.  Sleepy
Damon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Damon Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 9:58am
Thx Raif!

So if I am planning to dual box games like WoW and GW2 I should put them on the SSD?

Just want to get the best performance and load games in the right spot and not clog up the SSD.

thx again...let me know.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 3:04pm
HDD1 = ssd, for os/apps/games (DS sends you the pc with the os on the ssd.)

HDD2 = HDD, for media/personal/work file storage.

you only need HDD3 if HDD2 ran out of room.

Edited by DST4ME - 02 Jan 2010 at 3:05pm
Raif View Drop Down

Quote Raif Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 3:11pm
dang it! it looks good so far why is blizz waiting over 10 years to release the thirs at least they still support diablo II
2.5 Ghz Core duo
Nvidia 9500 gt
3 gb 1033 Mhz ram

if we can't answer a question shoot a e-mail here.

[email protected]
Captain Francis View Drop Down

Quote Captain Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 4:43pm
At least D3 is still doing better than Duke Nukem Forever. hehe
Damon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Damon Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 5:15pm
DST4ME - if I decided to go with the DELL Ultra Sharp 30" as my main monitor (probably something smaller for my 2nd monitor), is 2 x 5870s still the best choice for GPUs?
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 5:27pm
2 x 5870 is best, you gonna be at 2560 x 1600 res, if you play crysis then you want 3 x 5870, it will do better then 2 x 5970.
OsandmanO View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote OsandmanO Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 1:21am
Because they are Blizzard and they prefer to wait till its done. There will be patches no doubt, but at least it will be 'playable" off the shelf when it arrives. Thats what killed Hellgate London (HGL)  EA rushed them and they had to put out a buggy game. To bad EA screwed up such a good game.

BTW I am going with 2 5970's to futureproof(at least 6 months hopefully...lol) my game system. I havent bought a new computer since the Single core 3.6GHz was max days... Clap
There will ALWAYS be room for upgrades.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 1:39am
go with 3 x 5870 you will get better performance.
Damon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Damon Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 7:34am
If I went with 3 x 5870, would the spec on page 1 (with 2 x 5870s) still work with no additional items?
Kinesis View Drop Down

Quote Kinesis Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 7:50am
Originally posted by Damon

If I went with 3 x 5870, would the spec on page 1 (with 2 x 5870s) still work with no additional items?

Originally posted by DST4ME

2. nothing needs to be changed, if you decide to go with 1 x 5970 then when you are ready you just drop in the second one. you will simply use 2 power connectors that are there already and connect them to the gpu and then place the gpu in the pci slot, you are done. If you decide to go wtih 2 x 5870 now and then down the road you wanna drop in a third one, its the same as 5970, just connect the power cables and drop in pci slot, done.

then you just reboot and install drivers, which if you have ever done is no different then installing a game or an app.

Star
Hug
Damon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Damon Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 7:56am

Just want to make sure cooling will be OK as configured in spec on Page 1 (AIR cooled).

I think I'm alright, just want to make sure before ordering.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 3:43pm
yes it would.
Damon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Damon Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 6:40am
OK almost ready to order.

DST4ME - quik question: If I want to throw in a 3rd hard drive for storage and backups which would you choose and why??

Thanks again for suggesting such an awesome spec!!!!
Damon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Damon Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 6:45am

OK almost ready to order.

DST4ME - quik question: If I want to throw in a 3rd hard drive for storage and backups which would you choose and why??

Thanks again for suggesting such an awesome spec!!!!

If you can throw it into a final ticket spec (going with 2 x 5870) it would be really appreciated!!!

Thanks again!!!!!!! (could not have done it without you!!!!)
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 3:08pm
Here you go Ticket# 370949 --- Price: $3946 (To see this build click here) Price after current promotion $3646

Copy of Specifications:
Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: 1x (1TB Seagate/Western Digital (7200 RPM) (32MB Cache) (SATA) (Extreme Speed)
Hard Drive Set 3: Backup\Misc.: 1x (1TB Seagate/Western Digital (7200 RPM) (32MB Cache) (SATA) (Extreme Speed)
Boost Processor: Stage 1: Overclock the processor between 3.3GHz to 3.9GHz (Requires Air Cooling Upgrade)
Exclusive T-Shirt: - No Thanks
Warranty: 4 Year Platinum Care Extended Parts & Labor Warranty (Highly Recommended)

now if the third drive is for big larg files then the 1TB, if there is not that much stuff then 500GB.

if you are looking to backup your os drive (use my clone guide) and you need an external drive for that.
Damon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Damon Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 4:37pm
THANK YOU!!!

I noticed you switched the Hard Drive Set 2.

What is the performance difference and pros/cons between:

AND

Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: 1x (1TB Seagate/Western Digital (7200 RPM) (32MB Cache) (SATA) (Extreme Speed)

I was just wondering since I thought the 1TB w/32MB Cache would be better, but I noticed in a number of your suggested builds you suggest the 500GB w/16MB Cache? (I am trying to educate myself and understand the reasoning Ouch)

Let me know and THANK YOU AGAIN for ALL YOUR ADVICE!!!!
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 7:54pm
My pleasure

if you need a HDD3 for storage then obviously HDD2 is not big enough, so I change the 500GB to 1TB seeing how it sounds like you need the room, the 1TB is a bit faster, but once you get it filled up to 75% you will notice performance drop, but that goes for all drives.

Edited by DST4ME - 05 Jan 2010 at 7:54pm
Damon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Damon Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by DST4ME

Here you go Ticket# 370949 --- Price: $3946 (To see this build click here) Price after current promotion $3646

Copy of Specifications:
Hard Drive Set 3: Backup\Misc.: 1x (1TB Seagate/Western Digital (7200 RPM) (32MB Cache) (SATA) (Extreme Speed)
Boost Processor: Stage 1: Overclock the processor between 3.3GHz to 3.9GHz (Requires Air Cooling Upgrade)
Exclusive T-Shirt: - No Thanks
Warranty: 4 Year Platinum Care Extended Parts & Labor Warranty (Highly Recommended)

now if the third drive is for big larg files then the 1TB, if there is not that much stuff then 500GB.

if you are looking to backup your os drive (use my clone guide) and you need an external drive for that.

When I hit "Buy Now" it is coming up as $3946, not the Price after current promotion $3646.

Any idea on what I have to do to in the checkout process to get the $3646 price to come up??
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 10:02pm
thats my mistake, that was from the budget builds, they don't have the corrunt promotion on them, the blackops do, and if I go over there it will be even more expensive.

I'm so sorry, I know you got the $3646 in your head as a price because of my mistake, I'm really sorry about that, I hope its not a huge disapointment.

if that is out of the budget, we can drop the ssd, and go with a 1TB HDD right now, and then down the road you can add a ssd and push the 1TB HDD to HDD2 as we have it now.

to move all your os/data from the 1TB HDD to the ssd you can follow my clone guide here, that way you don't have to reinstall anything.
Damon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Damon Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 1:07pm
OK I think I have the computer spec locked in, now I'm finalizing the monitors.

I am looking at two options:

1. Two Dell U2410s

OR

2. One Dell 3007 WFP-HC

Which configuration would be Better and WHY??

Thx for the ideas and feedback, let me know!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>