FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tribes: Ascend?

Post Date: 2012-05-02

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SinisterTactics View Drop Down
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SinisterTactics Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Tribes: Ascend?
    Posted: 02 May 2012 at 6:16am
I'm kinda surprised to see no posts for Tribes: Ascend..so here's one!

*AHEM*

Alrighty so Tribes: Ascend is based on the Tribes Universe; it is a free-to-play game made by Hi-Rez Studios, the game was released on 12-04-2012, it is generally a fast paced shooter where players 'ski' across the map for fast and free movement, the preferred mode is 'capture the flag' because obviously it's great grabbing the flag at high speed and capping it the same way but there are other modes such as 'team deathmatch' and 'arena' mode. What else....

Oh right at the start you'll start off with three classes, pathfinder, soldier, and juggernaut, which are the light, medium, and heavy class respectively. There are more classes to unlock such as the raider, doom-bringer, brute, technician, infiltrator, and the sentinel.

As always with F2P games you can spend money to make your playing experience more enhanced by purchasing 'gold'; which is used to purchase new weapons and upgrades at generally a lower cost than using EXP. (a new weapon generally costs 100,000 of your exp while the same weapon can be purchased with 720 gold...I think). Which goes to one of my gripes! I generally get 500-1400 EXP per match, so it'll take a long time to get a new weapon, but since weapons can't be upgraded for more damage it doesn't have much of an effect on players that are just beginning to learn. Unless players upgrade their armour.

Which brings me into skill or learning curve, this isn't really your hit-scan (although I believe there are two weapons which use it) sort of game, you need skill to be able to hit anything, the series iconic weapon, the 'Spinfusor' is a type of gun which launches a projectile at a slow rate in a straight line, so you'll have to guess where the player you're trying to hit will go next. Using automatic weapons can also be a challenge as well since players move across the map very quickly.

Which brings me into the maps; the maps are fairly big, some larger than others, with lots of slopes for players to ski on and gain speed, all maps have boundaries and some can contain hazards one should avoid going into, such as lava.

*an abrupt ending*

So in conclusion...
It is a fast paced FPS game which should be played or at least tried out, the gameplay is very interesting and it's free to play! You just need to download 2GB and make an account to play (mind you there is a master account and another account for the game).

Here's my referral link if you wanna use this...: https://account.hirezstudios.com/tribesascend/?referral=1891415

And here's the non-referral link..which is the main link: http://account.hirezstudios.com/tribesascend/

If there is a post about Tribes then I am an idiot...or delusional...or maybe even both.

And yadda yadda yadda.

lsdmetaphysics View Drop Down

Quote lsdmetaphysics Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Jul 2012 at 4:32pm
The game looks good and I plan on playing it with my girlfriend when we get our new computers. 
xii View Drop Down

Quote xii Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 7:20pm
I like it - its fun.
SinisterTactics View Drop Down

Quote SinisterTactics Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 10:57pm
Heh I haven't been playing much and it only takes a few days of not playing to forget everything you've remembered, but it's still enjoyable, just that it's a game meant to be played consistently and thoroughly meaning you need to invest quite a bit of time into it, which I don't have right now...so boo me.
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 4:56pm
I think I'm going to give this a shot, somehow I had missed it. Big%20Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply