FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

titan x audio or x99 mb audio ??

Post Date: 2015-05-23

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
John R View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote John R Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: titan x audio or x99 mb audio ??
    Posted: 23 May 2015 at 4:37pm
I have a DS Bolt 3 ultimate ed. On the way and I have a couple of ?'s regarding audio output, the asrock x99 motherboard offers a nice audio out dolby 7.1 and a headphone amp and titan x also offers dolby 7.1.
Any ideas which might be the better output, from what I've read the asrock sounds (no pun intended ) pretty good, but I don't know that much about the titan.
Secondly would disabling the gpu audio out decrease it's power consumption, I wouldn't think the audio would consume that much power but...
Thanks in advance for any feedback you have to offer.
JR
John
Meller View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Meller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 10:30am
Use the motherboard audio.

In fact, every time I install new GPU drivers, I purposely don't install any 3D or audio/virtual audio drivers. They can cause issues from to time with your onboard Auto.

And to note, onboard Auto has come an extremely long way. ASUS is actually pushing the limits on built in audio chips. And because of them, other manufactures are following their lead.

It will be great for a stock set up. As far as today goes... don't ever use GPU audio. Save that work load for GPU stuff, not audio stuff.
Custom PC
Ryzen 9 5950X
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme
128GB DDR4 3600mhz
EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Samsung 980 Pro 512GB m.2
Samsung 960 PRO 2TB m.2 x2
 Post Reply Post Reply