Post Date: 2009-02-12

Post Reply Post Reply
Page  <1 2345>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Feb 2009 at 8:24pm
I saw a post somewhere on the back plates but didn't really read it.

To tell the truth, when my machine shows up I am going to remove the packing in the case and be sure that all the wires and stuff appear to be hooked up OK and then only open it up occasionally to suck out the dust when it builds up.

Remind me where the back plate post was and I will be sure to read it.
HAF 932 i7 920 OC 3.60 V8
EVGA GTX Titan SC 6GB VRAM
RAM 12GB Corsair Vengeance
1KW Corsair PS 300GB VelociRaptor
Western Digital 500GB 1TB BU
EVGA X58 Fatality X-Fi Champion
Samael View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Samael Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Feb 2009 at 9:08pm
Here is the LINK.

I will do what you will do for a while, but I know I will want to push the system a bit, OC the GPU slightly, so I think the backplate will help with that a little bit thats why I want to get the backplate Ouch
Why do they blame me for all their little failings? They use my name as if I spent my entire day sitting on their shoulders, forcing them to commit acts they would otherwise find repulsive - Lucifer
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Feb 2009 at 9:11pm
I couldn't click on the link.  Would you mind reinserting the link?

By the way, my machine just shipped.  Heart
Samael View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Samael Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Feb 2009 at 9:14pm
oops I realized that I did not link lol Big%20smile Here it is LINK 

AND AWESOMEEEE!! I am sincerely hoping you get your machine properly and those idiots that we so loving call delivery guys, does not mishandle you package. I am crossing my fingers, also remember your priorities OuchEmbarrassed
Why do they blame me for all their little failings? They use my name as if I spent my entire day sitting on their shoulders, forcing them to commit acts they would otherwise find repulsive - Lucifer
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Feb 2009 at 9:30pm
Got the link and have read the post!

Thanks!
Samael View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Samael Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Feb 2009 at 2:09pm
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS HeartHeartHeartErmmErmmErmmAngryAngryAngry

STAGE 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah or anyone from DS if you guys see this please let me know my OC, though I will call today sometime and find out. I called yesterday haha, I will bother some more!!Ouch
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Feb 2009 at 5:30pm
I'm assuming they bribed the ram to play nice?
Samael View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Samael Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Feb 2009 at 6:03pm
Well however they got Mr.RAM to play nice Ms.Motherboard I am happy Heart Just talked to them, they said it should ship Monday, oooo Weekends you are a woe for us that wait Sleepy So by the end of next week it should be delivered the only thing is that my brother is not here yet he might get here on Sunday or Monday, all in all I have wait the next week and then hopefully by the 22nd 23rd I should have it in my hands YIPPE!!!Confused

Other than that I asked the OC and apparently its 4.0Ghz so it should be all good, might push it ever so slightly, but will call them and let them walk me through it. I can't wait any longer!!!!ConfusedHeartErmm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Feb 2009 at 6:05pm
sounds great
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Feb 2009 at 10:25pm
4.0 Ghz is great!!!  Especially on a solid stable system.  It looks like you and me were the last dudes to get our GTX 295s.

My system is scheduled to arrive Tuesday.  I am very excited about the possibility of it getting here.  I am thinking about buying Crysis Warhead over the weekend to be the first game on the machine rather than trying to move stuff over the first day.  I work at home Monday and took Tuesday off to set the beast up if it arrives on time.

I wonder what my OC is?  Mine is just a 920 on a V8 so I am not expecting much over 3.0 if even that.  I was hoping that they would have send info on that in the email but they didn't.  I am still trying to avoid calling them unless there is a problem when it arrives.  I sure hope our machines arrive safe and sound.

But if they don't, I know DS will do right by us.  I just rather it work and not take advantage of their good customer service at this point in the game.
Samael View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Samael Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Feb 2009 at 11:27am
I know, I hope it arrives properly Ouch And I think you should see an OC around 3.3 or 3.5 that would be inline with the V8 and the 920. The 920 OCs like crazy. Angry

Other than that I really hope you get yours on tuesday and everything works out just fine, and I also know that DS will do everything to make us happy Ouch
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Feb 2009 at 9:00pm
I spent a lot of time today moving stuff around after it sunk in how big the HAF 932 is.  I ended up moving the new glass desk to another corner in the room which was tough since it was already built. This way I can put the beast beside the table since it won't fit underneath.

Bought a new wireless keyboard and mouse for the new machine as well as a HP w1707 17" for the old machine.  I am putting the HP w2408h on the new machine obviously.

As I mentioned I am keeping the old machine to be used for the grandkid's homework, wife's scrabble, and simple web surfing and reserving the beast to great gaming and other cool stuff.

I still need to do stuff like download the latest version upgrades to my various games so that I can move them over via a thumb drive instead of having to waste time on the new machine downloading revisions so I can play online.

Still considering buying Crysis Warhead so I can play a really graphic intensive game shortly after getting the beast unloaded.

I need to buy a DVI to DVI for the little HP monitir since it only came with a VGA cable and DVI is nicer even on my older PC and ATI 1600 Pro,

A lot of stuff and housekeeping to do for folks when they swap machines. Having the old one close by will make the transition a lot easier. 

Samael View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Samael Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 12:28am
Well the only thing that I will need is to install LotRO on it and thats it, nothing else to move as everything else I will be clean installs, that is only game I play on my computer right now. I think I saw Crysis for $19.99 so I might just pick that up after I get my PC. I was going through the prices of computer games. Its crazy, they are soo much cheaper than console games. I am yet to buy a desk or anything for mine, let it arrive and I will put it on a 24" I have now, before I get my Dell 30" one. Maybe this week I will go out and look at some chairs and some desks to see which one would be best.

I will most likely use the Logitech G15 keyboard, and the G5 mouse or something like that havent decided yet. What did you get??
lgm25c View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote lgm25c Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Samael

Well the only thing that I will need is to install LotRO on it and thats it, nothing else to move as everything else I will be clean installs, that is only game I play on my computer right now. I think I saw Crysis for $19.99 so I might just pick that up after I get my PC. I was going through the prices of computer games. Its crazy, they are soo much cheaper than console games. I am yet to buy a desk or anything for mine, let it arrive and I will put it on a 24" I have now, before I get my Dell 30" one. Maybe this week I will go out and look at some chairs and some desks to see which one would be best.

I will most likely use the Logitech G15 keyboard, and the G5 mouse or something like that havent decided yet. What did you get??

Hi Samael,
  I've been following this discussion, and Onkel_Ken's build thread. I'm definitely feeling the anticipation y'all are feeling - amd I don't order mine until next month! Big%20smile

Anyway...I have a G15 keyboard, and the G5 mouse. They work great! I went wired because I had a wireless mouse once and felt like I was swapping batteries a lot.
 The G5 has adjustable weights (yea I used them - makes a difference), nice feel and texture. Besides other features, it has 2 buttons by the thumb that are handy. Here's a link;

The G15 has been excellent for me, for gaming and everyday stuff. Nice response on the keys.
 I play EQ2, and there is a vertical row of keys (6) on the left I use instead of F1 keys to "scroll" thru different players in my group. Very handy for me, and you can map the "F" keys to something else.
 I read a bunch of favorable reviews on the G15 and G5 before buying them.

Just thought I'd pass that along to ya, and no, I'm not a Logitech employee. Ouch
Samael View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Samael Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 2:30pm
haha I have the G5 and I dont like wireless peripherals, they may look nice but performance is not that great. I absolutely love the G5, but I might get a Razer or something, I really havent decided. I really like the G15 as well. I still have around1-2weeks of wait till I get my hands on my beast Ouch

And I have heard soooo many good things about the G15 and G5 that those are taking top spot in my head, bahhh I might wait for their new keyboard the G17 or something like that with colored LCD Ouch
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 3:00pm
I picked up the wireless comfort 4000 keyboard with laser 5000 mouse to use on the new computer.  This is my first venture into wireless.  I did have to move the wireless probe to a different location since it did not work well right next to my wireless router.  I just moved it a foot or 2 and everything seems fine now.  I do like having the wireless mouse since I am not fighting the cord all the time.

By the way,  I am going to get Crysis also.  But I am going to pick up the latest version which is Crysis Warhead.  I have read reviews that make it sound like it performs better and is more exciting than the orginal but I haven't played it yet.

I have BF2 which I don't play much, MOH Airborne, COD 4 & WAW.  I like WAW since the graphics and gameplay is pretty intense.  I hate the war dogs when I hear them coming at me.

Ordered a DVI to DVI cable and a 1ft Cat 5 jumper from Newegg that ought to show up sometime this week.  The little HP for the old computer only had a VGA cable and I want to use the DVI port on it and my ATI 1600 Pro on the old box.  The 1 FT cord is to try to clean up some of the cabling mess I got on the desk.

Should arrive tuesday and I took the day off to drag it in the house and set it up,  Yours should be headed your way soon also.  I am glad we didn't get caught up in the 295 shortage.  There seems to be a bunch of people who are ordering theirs now too and are in various stages waiting for their machines to get sent also.

I really enjoy this forum and look forward to learning more once we get the new machines and if we need advice on optimizing them and keeping them blazing fast. 

Edited by Onkel_Ken - 15 Feb 2009 at 3:01pm
Samael View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Samael Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 5:58pm
yepp, that is the beauty of having an open forum, you can get help everywhere and non-partial advice.

lol @ dogs in WaW, I play that on the PS3 and have CoD4 on the XBOX, I personally prefer CoD4, I think the helicopter is a much much better reward for getting 7kills than dogs are, and I like the weap. ons better and the storyline much better also, but then again I am fan of Infinity Ward, and I don't like Activision that much, seeing that they are more concered about churning out titles each year and not on quality they love squeezing those franchises dry
Samael View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Samael Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Feb 2009 at 6:31pm
Wink  Wink  Wink

My system went back to stage 5, it failed QA and they are still trying to make it stable.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Feb 2009 at 6:33pm
is still the ram?
Samael View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Samael Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Feb 2009 at 6:45pm
I do not know, I hope someone lets me know that, cause if it is the RAM I might just change to the new Corsair 1866Mhz one if OCZ is not being nice, or just change back to 1600Mhz Corsair one, although I do not want to get a slower RAM for my 965.

I hope they can work out whatever it is, and I am seriously hoping its not the motherboard. And I hope at this point they somehow prioritize my build somehow, I ordered back in Jan, looks like I will not be getting it in March. 
Zerohyperion View Drop Down

Quote Zerohyperion Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Feb 2009 at 7:02pm
The same thing happened to me, I ordered my system on January 14th with the 1866Mhz OCZ ram, and everything went along nicely.

Then my order status was stuck in stage 5 for more than 10 days, when I contacted them for an updated I was told they were having troubles getting the ram stable, and that the technician suggested I change to the 6GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Dominator DHX, which would also allow for them to get it stable a lot faster. I changed to that ram last Thursday, though I'm still in stage 5.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Feb 2009 at 7:03pm
Samael, ask them to install a different brand ram at that speed if you like.
Samael View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Samael Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 12:01am
Everything seems to be good now, received my stage 6 email again today so ti should be good. I just need to talk to them and see what they can offer me in fast delivery option, I really do not want to pay anymore than I have, and I have been waiting since Jan, I just need the system to get to New York by next Monday I am seriously hoping it can get there, or else my brother will not be able to pick it up which would suck really.

O well lets see what can be done, I cannot wait to get my hands on my computer it will be awesome I know it.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 12:04am
so they got your 1866 ram working fine?
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 12:17am
Good luck Samael!!

Angry
Samael View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Samael Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 2:00am
Yea I think they struck a nice balance between the OC and the RAM, I am hoping it passes QA this time. I called before and checked if the RAM was giving any problems but apparently the second time it was the OC on the Proc that failed QA. But everything is in order now will call them tomorrow and see what can be done about the shipping, I did not think back then I would be in such a time constraint. 
<8) slunK parade View Drop Down

Quote <8) slunK parade Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 2:27am
why not just get the dominator gt ram
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/14946-corsair-dominator-gt-3x2gb-pc3-15000-triple-channel-memory-review-11.html
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 2:45am
I think he has the dominator
theyhm View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote theyhm Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 9:50am
Welcome to stage 6 brother, I just hit it yesterday as well.

So excited...
Samael View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Samael Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 12:27pm
They did not offer the dominator 1866Mhz when I ordered it, they only carried OCZ 1866Mhz ones so I went with those.

thanks theyhm

Edited by Samael - 24 Feb 2009 at 12:29pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 4:37pm
OH I see, all this time I thougt you had the dominator, oh well no big deal,
Samael View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Samael Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 6:44pm
ok I got stage 7 email today and my brother is not going to go this firday but next thursday so it should be fine with shipping and everything. Here is what they sent me:

------------------------------
-------------
Testing Details By: Vu
-------------------------------------------

Processor Temperatures

Idle: 41C
Overnight Load: 72C
Important Notice: Overclocked systems will definitely run hotter than stock units. Your unit has been tested to be fully stable in our stress-test facility at these tempreatures.

Overclocked Processor Settings

Processor Speed GHz: 3.84
CPU Multiplier: 29
Voltage CPU VCore: 1.45
VDroop Control: No
i7 - BCLK MHz: 133
i7 - Voltage QPI\DRAM: 1.65
i7 - Voltage QPI\PLL:
i7 - Voltage CPU VTT: +175
i7 - Voltage IOH Vcore:
i7 - Voltage ICH Vcore:
i7 - Voltage IOH/ICH I/O:
i7 - PWM Frequency:
780i/790i - Memory Clock Mode:
780i/790i - CPU FSB MHz:
780i/790i - Voltage FSB:
780i/790i - Voltage SPP:
780i/790i - Voltage MCP:

Motherboard BIOS: SZ1N
Video Card Driver: 182.06
Chipset Driver: INTEL
Sound Card Driver: XFI

The only thing is the load temp looks a little high and that means I most likely will not be able to push my OC to 4.0, but I will try with their help on the phone and see what I can do other than that I will OC the GPU myself and see what can be done with those. 2 more weeks and I will have the beast in my hands Ouch

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 6:48pm
boss you got a 3.84 with 72c load temps, you got plenty of room to push and 4.0 is just around the corner from 3.84

not that it makes a big difference

nice beast

Edited by DST4ME - 24 Feb 2009 at 6:49pm
Samael View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Samael Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 8:03pm
I know it might not make any difference, but ever since the P4 came out I wanted a 4.0Ghz comp its just some magic threshold that I gave myself Ouch
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 8:13pm
Samael,

I am pretty sure you will get the magic 4.0 and enjoy the journey on the way!!!

Glad to hear things are finally coming together.  I have been in game heaven since I got the beast.  I have been so busy with doing stuff that it has only been the last couple days that I have really got into the real intense gaming experiences.  It is pretty unbelievable how cool and immersive the game play is.

Ermm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>