FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

System 1 year old...Time for upgrades

Post Date: 2010-10-27

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
gtaylor1023 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote gtaylor1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: System 1 year old...Time for upgrades
    Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 7:59pm
Hey guys,

i got my DS last december and now its time to do some upgrades.  I currently have a 3 card 5870 system and have been staring at the the 480s the last few weeks.  My question would be is the 480 a good upgrade path or should i wait for the 580 which is *rumored* to be end of november. 

the reason for the 5870s a year ago was that my gaming was limited to WoW, but now that i have gotten off the MMORPG until cata and have rediscovered Steam i started playing CoD Modern Warfare, Dragon Age Origins, Mass Effect, etc on my Dual Dell 30" pannels.  The crossfire is great but i would love to really tweak out this system for a triple 30" or newer 27" pannel array in WoW but single pannel for the shooters.  Of course Max ultra settings are a must. 

I will also be upping to 12 gigs of ram from 6. 

Finally any in depth reviews of the assassin case.  The vert setup intrigues me but just not sure - currently have the 932. 

all this being said i am moving forward one way or another.  I don't know if hte moderators will like this but all the components will be for sale once the new stuff is back from DS

Post Reply Post Reply