Page  123 7>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Marino View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Marino Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: SW:TOR
    Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 4:55pm
Discuss...

I personally can not wait for this MMO to come out.
Patrick_DS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Patrick_DS Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 5:54pm
Mmm I am still awaiting my beta invite... hopefully it arrives when my rig does! =D
Some people are saying it's the "W.o.W. killer" I wouldn't go as far as that just yet, but It's a welcome change of scenery imo plus that E3 trailer is just wicked awesooome! Drooling

Edited by Patrick_DS - 17 Jun 2010 at 5:55pm
aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 11:43am
Yeah, I have'nt received my beta invite either?  lol.  I am very excited to play this one when it arrives next year.  I think I'm gonna role a smuggler and go to the dark side.  Not sure, but definitely exciting game to watch, and yes...that E3 trailer is awesome. 

Also...is it a WoW killer?  I hope not, and don't think so.  It will hopefully just be an alternative to a great genre, and simply add to the enourmous amount of time I spend gaming now.  woot!
Rockill View Drop Down
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Rockill Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2010 at 7:15pm
After seeing the cinematic and gameplay trailer, i think it will give WoW a run for it's money
Marino View Drop Down

Quote Marino Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 3:02pm
It will def give WoW a run for its money but its not a wow killer...people are too addicted to that game.  If you guys plan on playing sith we are already ready to roll once the game comes out.

I signed up for beta on my crappy PC but I will submit new specs once my new PC comes this week or next.

http://sins-tor.com/
Bronwen View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Bronwen Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 6:44pm
I am really exicted about this game. I think I am going to be a Wookie Jedi, i just think that is the right race class combo. Forgot to add DCU looks good to.

Edited by Bronwen - 21 Jun 2010 at 6:44pm
Liq View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Liq Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Jun 2010 at 1:31pm
the more I see of this game the less impressed I am. I'm just hoping it's because of it being in such an early state. If all goes well I'm so rolling a bounty hunter though.
teaiewold View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote teaiewold Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jun 2010 at 1:10am
Originally posted by Bronwen

I am really exicted about this game. I think I am going to be a Wookie Jedi, i just think that is the right race class combo. Forgot to add DCU looks good to.

i wouldn't get my hopes up on making a wookiee jedi. i doubt wookiee's will even be a playable race because of the lore leading up to this time frame. after the events of KOTOR the wookiee's closed off Kashyyyk to visitor's because they needed to "get back to their roots" per se. the other issue is that george lucas said there will be no more wookiee jedi. there was one in the EU and his name was Lowbacca (Chewbacca's nephew). after that lucas said he doesn't want to see anymore.

i do hope you find a race/class combo you like.

and yes i'm kind of a star wars nerd and so hyped for this game i could pee myself...lol
WardTheSteak View Drop Down

Quote WardTheSteak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 11:16pm
Truthfully I am completely underwhelmed by this game. I expected a lot out of it, but all the gameplay vids are just turn-offs.  The ui is nothing out of the norm, it truly isn't innovative in any spectrum other than the Star Wars genre itself as an mmo.  However, will it still be a good mmo?  It definitely can be, and we will just have to wait and see.  Yet, to be honest I probably won't play it with other mmo's coming out that look more daring and promising as far as innovation is concerned I'll move this one down on my list.  Especially when Warhammer 40k comes out, their gameplay vid showed that they were actually stepping away from the old clicking ui scheme which really excites me, plus the IP is just amazing anyways and THQ has done great with the WH40k rts's.
teaiewold View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote teaiewold Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 1:38am
i've been tracking this game since it's announcement. bioware said they aren't going for anything revolutionary as far as gameplay. they just want to fine tune it. the one thing they are going to focus on that most mmo's don't is the story. with it being fully voiced i think the story is going to be above anything we've ever seen in the mmo genre.

is that going to appeal to all gamers...not really. i do know it will appeal to the fans of bioware and fans of star wars because we love good stories. i'm psyched for this game and i'll be getting a new DS machine just for it's release :)

Quote WardTheSteak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 4:32am
We shall have to see, because from what I've seen there's no difference in the old grab quest system except for cinematics.  Hopefully they will be able to weave a story like this, I'm not sure if they will be able to or not.  A game that's revolutionizing story telling would seem to be Guild Wars 2 in the fact that you actually react upon what's happening in the world around you instead of grabbing quests.  This seems to be a pretty cool system, but we will just have to wait that one out too.  Hmm, idk I'm actually craving a really good sandbox mmo to where we can craft our own stories, but there hasn't been a success at this since Ultima.
teaiewold View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote teaiewold Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 6:59am
well if they do as they say they are going to do, the story should be pretty bada$$. supposedly each class will have their own story line and will only cross over the other classes occasionally, unlike in wow where everyone pretty much gets the same quests. bioware has stated they wanted the story to be immersive and when you make an important decision it's a lasting one that will affect the rest of your gameplay since you can't save it and redo the quest with a different decision.

doing a good sandbox mmo nowadays is hard because it's very community oriented and people have been getting lazy and want the developers to do all the work. the only one i can think of like that right now is Eve.
R-dawg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote R-dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 9:04am
I'm pretty sure I will be giving it a try when it hits. I did sign up for the beta a long time ago but haven't really followed it much since. Just finished playing through The Force Unleashed and it reminded me how much I like the Star Wars universe.
In case of doubt, make it sound convincing.
teaiewold View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote teaiewold Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 10:13am
ya know i got bored with the force unleashed. i thought the new force powers were cool but i felt they missed the mark with the game. i played it on xbox 360 and i hated the camera angles and targetting the most. it would also get on my nerves how you would move forward with every saber flourish and there was no way to stop it which would cause you to fall off a ledge sometimes.

it's been a long time since i've been stoked for a SW game. i have to say KOTOR 2 was prolly the last one and that fell a little short in the storyline aspect. i'll admit i'm a bioware fanboy and that's one of the biggest reasons i've been following this game since before it was announced.

Quote WardTheSteak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 11:07am
Yeah I like bioware, I've been playing Dragon Age a lot lately its a great game.  But yeah Eve just isn't my cup of tea lol.  I wish Mortal Online was functional then I'd play it, maybe somewhere down the line it will gain more polish like Darkfall did.
Marino View Drop Down

Quote Marino Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 12:54pm
I hate the way MMO's are going these days and gearing towards the casual gamers.  I understand that casual gamers make up the market but the hardcore gamers is what makes your game last!! We are the dedicated ones putting in hours upon hours of gameplay time not your casual 1 hour a week player.  This pisses me off so much.  I hope star wars just does what star wars galaxies did before the combat revamp.  That game was perfect!!
rodsmith View Drop Down

Quote rodsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by WardTheSteak

We shall have to see, because from what I've seen there's no difference in the old grab quest system except for cinematics.  Hopefully they will be able to weave a story like this, I'm not sure if they will be able to or not.  A game that's revolutionizing story telling would seem to be Guild Wars 2 in the fact that you actually react upon what's happening in the world around you instead of grabbing quests.  This seems to be a pretty cool system, but we will just have to wait that one out too.  Hmm, idk I'm actually craving a really good sandbox mmo to where we can craft our own stories, but there hasn't been a success at this since Ultima.
did you play Ulitma Online? I played that game starting in 98 and had a blast!
I played on the Lake Superior server. I now play WoW,but I am looking for something else more innovative,WoW is a good game,but I am starting to lose interest in it,as I have been playing it since it came out years ago! my new DS rig is on its way next week,and I am thinking of finding something else to play to really enjoy the experience of true gameplaying,as I will indeed have a beast of a system to play with. perhaps there are folks in this forum that can find a common game we can all play together,that would be pretty sweet...call the guild Digital Storm or something
teaiewold View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote teaiewold Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 12:23am
Originally posted by Marino

I hate the way MMO's are going these days and gearing towards the casual gamers.  I understand that casual gamers make up the market but the hardcore gamers is what makes your game last!! We are the dedicated ones putting in hours upon hours of gameplay time not your casual 1 hour a week player.  This pisses me off so much.  I hope star wars just does what star wars galaxies did before the combat revamp.  That game was perfect!!

oh man don't get me started on the old days of SWG. those were some good times man. grinding your jedi out in the middle of nowhere by yourself so you didn't get seen by players or npc's. killing animal after animal to get that xp. plus i loved the player economy. there were some really great things about SWG. unfortunately Sony never put the resources into it to make it work. instead they just kept adding poop on top of poop into a mountain of poop and ended up having to change the whole game.
R-dawg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote R-dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by teaiewold

ya know i got bored with the force unleashed. i thought the new force powers were cool but i felt they missed the mark with the game. i played it on xbox 360 and i hated the camera angles and targetting the most. it would also get on my nerves how you would move forward with every saber flourish and there was no way to stop it which would cause you to fall off a ledge sometimes.

I had some very similar issues with the game myself. I had actually stopped playing the game for several months before getting back to it. I will probably the sequel though but I'll be renting it.
In case of doubt, make it sound convincing.

Quote WardTheSteak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by rodsmith

Originally posted by WardTheSteak

did you play Ulitma Online? I played that game starting in 98 and had a blast!
I played on the Lake Superior server. I now play WoW,but I am looking for something else more innovative,WoW is a good game,but I am starting to lose interest in it,as I have been playing it since it came out years ago! my new DS rig is on its way next week,and I am thinking of finding something else to play to really enjoy the experience of true gameplaying,as I will indeed have a beast of a system to play with. perhaps there are folks in this forum that can find a common game we can all play together,that would be pretty sweet...call the guild Digital Storm or something
No I unfortunately never got to play ultima.  I didn't start my mmo career till like late 2005'ish with WoW.  Then they killed the game gradually with BC, and the killing blow for me came with Wrath.  So I quit the game, and moved on to Warhammer.  I've played that one the most lately since I enjoy pvp, but I've also played Aion, Lotro, Conan, and some others.  I currently have just been playin fps's like BBC2, and the Medal of Honor beta, and I also play global Agenda for fun right now.  I have always been craving a sandbox world though so I started with Mortal, because Darkfall just didn't look appealing to me, especially because you have unlimited stats allowing you to max out each skill which makes everyone a hyrbid.  Mortal Online is really buggy, but it could potentially be decent.  I subscribed but haven't played much yet due to time constraints.  But yeah we should definitely find a common game to play lol.
Marino View Drop Down

Quote Marino Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 10:21am
Good discussion keep it up!! MMO's really need to get it together and make a game for the masses and not just the casual.  WoW has done alot of things right that has led them to their 11million subscribers and the sad thing is they have no competition so people continue to play in because they have no where else to go.  All other MMO's have failed (Warhammer, AION, LOTRO, Age of Conan)  Its really sad that all of these companies try to do what wow is doing and just cant get it right.  Wow has perfected the mmo genre but destroyed it for the hardcore gamers.  SW:TOR needs to take what wow does right (end game, loot system, more hours played = better gear) and take out all the crap that it has. 

I plan on seeing a lot of Jedi running around at first myself included.  Hopefully that doesn't last and there are no smugglers/BH running around.

has anyone gotten into closed alpha yet?  they have released two so far only playable on the weekends.  
teaiewold View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote teaiewold Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 10:34am
i have to agree with WOW being the powerhouse. it's a great game to play if you have a cool group of people to hang with. the one thing i wish they would have done better was the crafting system. i LOVED LOVED LOVED the SWG crafting system. i'm hoping SWTOR can do something better than WOW when it comes to crafting. it doesn't have to be just like SWG but at least make it worth it and fun to do.

i was looking at FFXIV it actually looks pretty decent. my wife wants to play it so i'ma get it for her. i go home on R&R leave right when it comes out so it will be a nice preview of it.

i think i'm going sith in SWTOR i've always played a good guy, now it's time to be an evil sommabiscuit  :)

at first i was hoping to get into any alpha's or beta's but now that i'm in afghanistan it doesn't matter. i guess it's good that way i can just play a finished product once i get back :)

i'm eager to see all the advanced classes and their skill sets. i know it's going to make it hard to decide what class to play.

Quote WardTheSteak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 2:52pm
WoW did things right in the beginning, and right now they have no competition for the fact that everyone is either in lets try to do what WoW did mode, or they are trying to be different but haven't had the funds to actually make their games successful.  I truly don't want another mmo with the same end game, loot system, and whole gear system like WoW has.  That is a death blow to innovation, WoW was good, but now its time to move on.  Truthfully a game that could've competed if they would've had an open world, which they are kind of working on right now is Global Agenda. The gameplay is so fun, and it is a nice visual game, but they failed at making it more of a matchmaking system, which they are gonna add zones now but still its not going to be a completely open world.  I like what Guild Wars is doing to make their new game feel alive, but if you want the whole what you do changes the world around you, why not just go sandbox?  I fear SW:TOR is gonna be just too familiar, and ordinary.  Which, I believe will strip away from their success, the problem is EA wants a WoW killer so I'm sure BioWare has been pressured to make it familiar for the WoW players.  Truthfully, check out the Warhammer 40k Gameplay trailer, that game looks sweet, have any of you guys played the Dawn of War games?  I am truly looking forward to that game I think it has the potential to be great if done right.  There are some other titles I'm looking forward to though not as mainstream that y'all might wanna check out.  Such as, Earthrise, Vindictus, Copernicus, and if the rumors are true a possible Elder Scrolls MMO.  Earthrise is like a sci-fi 3rd person shooter sandbox mmo, Vindictus is a great innovation for combat, and Copernicus is the creation of ex-picher for the Yankees Curt Schilling, and he has my favorite author R.A. Salvatore leading the story of the game.  It truly sounds amazing, but yeah I really don't want the redundance of another WoW system, yeah I had my fun in the game but that was in the past.  In order, for mmo's to move on they need innovation, and have to break out of the WoW box. 
Marino View Drop Down

Quote Marino Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 3:16pm
I agree I would love to see an innovative game that steps outside of the WoW comfort box but i really don't see that happening.  Age Of Conan tried to do it by building a full pvp game but it flopped due to no content at level cap.  People need something to look forward to when they hit level cap.  IMO SWG did it right no levels just skills that need to be maxxed and you could change at any time but you would have to start over.  It was a pvpers dream, just go overt in Naboo and watch the fights begin.  The crafting in that game was done right and made alot of people alot of in game gold due to their dedication and effort.  City would pop up all over the place, little houses with stores with some of the best gear you could buy in game.  AMAZING!  F U SONY for screwing up the perfect MMO in 2003. 

I do believe Bioware is pushing for a wow killer and their fan base is way bigger than wows right now and they aren't even close to release.  But this is only due to it being a star wars genre.  They need to get off the story line kick and start making some content and make this a MMO and not a single player game.  I want world pvp, open pvp with lightsabers crashing all over and a Jedi Master system based off kills/ranking. 

Please please please don't screw this game up for me BIOWARE
aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 3:20pm
I just love how all mmo threads always end up talking about WoW.  I love WoW, but hope SWTOR offers me something worth while.  WoW killer!?!?  What will happen when "David" catches "Goliath"?  I hope SWTOR doesn't grow too fast or it will have more issues than Time Magazine....more problems than a math book...more tribbles than troubles...k, thats enuff

Edited by aCi11i3s - 06 Jul 2010 at 3:23pm

Quote WardTheSteak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 4:51pm
Well here's the problem people think WoW killer in terms of numbers alone.  But, imho I've played games that were WoW killers just by the game itself.  It's kind of like comparing BBC2 with COD.  Of course more people play COD, but in all honesty even with its flaws BBC2 is a more realistic and better game.  However, that is also an opinion.  Also, lvl caps need to be done away with. I would prefer like you said a skill system like in SWG, or the skill system used in the Elder Scrolls games would be nice.  I just can't see myself playin SW:TOR long because its the same old click based system which is getting so redundant.  Tab target, combinations = blahhhh..  It's time for something new, which Global Agenda has already done, Fallen Earth, Tera is doing, Vindictus, Earthrise, and Warhammer 40k will be doing.  So they are moving out of the WoW box, and its the only way to go for an evolution in online gaming.  I will definitely give SW:TOR a try though, because I do like Star Wars and it could be a great game, but the things I've heard and seen so far have just been huge turn offs and dissapointments.  As far as the huge numbers WoW has, the only true killer for that will be time.  Eventually, it will die out, and I truly don't know if any other mmo alone will get that many numbers ever again.  WoW took elements from DAOC, Everquest, Ultima, and blended them together and produced a game at the right time and provided a niche for themselves that eventually had people flooding into it.  At the time there wasn't a surplus of great games out there, and now the shear volume of people alone and great marketing is what keeps the numbers up.  It's not that its even the best game on the market anymore, its just the most popular.
teaiewold View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote teaiewold Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 11:25pm

the skill system in swg was another thing that i thought was awesome. of course it had it's flaws because people could stack certain skills and become unhittable...lol. but it was great in the fact that you could change whenever you wanted to and find what worked for you.

i'll have to check out Copernicus when i get a chance. i looked at Tera and it looks pretty F'in cool. i was reading up on FFXIV it really does look interesting. i was talking with my wife about it last night. it seems you're not limited to a certain class, it's based on the equipment you choose to equip at the time. they talked about a warrior type character changing over to a mage type character just by equipping a "caster" staff.

Bioware has been very slow to release info on the pvp side i'm hoping that's because they are fleshing out the specifics before they drop the good news. like Marino said i would love to see an epic jedi open field battle with sabers everywhere, force powers being used and lazers pew pewing all over the place. that would be wicked.

i have to say i did like the videos they released on player ships and armor progression.   
teaiewold View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote teaiewold Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 11:48pm
i played dawn of war 2 and really liked it. i'm waiting for the final installment where we have to fight the librarian dude. i think that IP has the potential to be a good MMO. there's a lot of history and story available. i'll try to look at the gameplay trailer but i have a terrible internet connection over here so it makes it hard to watch video's online.

i just got done looking at Copernicus and i have to say i'm definitely intrigued. they have Salvatore and Todd McFarlane working at 38 studios on those projects. that seems very promising. it looks like they are going to come out with a single player rpg that leads into the MMO so that's a cool way to get a taste of the game before the MMO hits.

this is just another reason DS rocks out with their cawks out. not many gaming computer companies have forums so people can discuss stuff in a civilized manner Awesome

Quote WardTheSteak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 2:12am
Haha I know it's a great community man, I truly don't think there is another custom computer site with a community like this.  Tera looks good, but if you like that then omg you need to see some gameplay from Vindictus it will blow your mind at how far they have taken gameplay in the mmo scene.  That sounds pretty interesting about FFXIV, I like the ability to strip away class restrictions.  That's why I like a skill based system.  Well the thing is I've seen some combat videos on sites like mmorpg.com and massively of SW:TOR and the combat is just basic animations of light saber fighting and maybe a little bit of force but nothing that we really want. It's just a let down.  Yeah, man Dawn of War 2 is great, I have the expansion Chaos Rising but I haven't played it yet.  The gameplay trailer for the mmo looks truly amazing I can't wait to try the game.  Yeah Copernicus is also great though, R.A. Salvatore and his sons wrote out 10,000 years worth of history for the Copernicus universe in depth.  Todd McFarlane is also a great addition, they also have one of the leading designers for Oblivion on the team.  I really hope the game is as amazing as it can be.
teaiewold View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote teaiewold Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 5:39am
i wouldn't be so quick to judge SWTOR. i think bioware is being real stingy with releasing info and updates. i think they are doing that based on what alot of the previous MMO's have done by releasing info on how badass a game will be then when it comes out it doesn't meet expectations. i'm talking about pretty much all the ones we always talk about that fail. so have patience young padawan Big%20Smile 

chaos rising is pretty kickass you need to play that shiz. i wish i could have played the games on my desktop so the graphics would have been better but i had to play it on my dell e6400 laptop.

so what was your typical group make-up for dawn of war 2? my fav setup was the main character/sniper squad/heavy weps squad. if i could use 4 squads total i would bring in the infantry style squad as well. i would rush in and start meleeing and take all the damage why my ranged guys would get busy. i tried using the jetpack guys and didn't really like their playstyle.

looks like i need to check out Vindictus as well. my only concern with Tera is that it's being "ported" from the korean market. i'm a big fan of western style mmo's being built from the ground up. i know i have a different playstyle and expection from games then our gaming brothers and sisters across the pond.  
aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 11:39am

I agree that Tera may be a little too "eastern" for my tastes.  The music in Aion was enough to drive me mad and not a western style game at all.  I will play Tera, and give it a chance though.  Until then, I'll continue tankin with my warrior until I'm tired of slappin around the Lich King.  What am I saying....Cataclysm will take up all my time, and leave no extra time for Tera or SWTOR. Oops  Whats a gaming junkie to do?!?!?! 

Edited by aCi11i3s - 07 Jul 2010 at 11:39am

Quote WardTheSteak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 11:58am
Yeah, well if you look on mmorpg they've actually released quite a few gameplay vids for sw:tor that show the basic mechanics and I didn't say the game was gonna fail just said it was a major let down haha.  But, yeah dow2 is amazing on my ds desktop I love it.  I normall would have the main character, thadeus's group which is the jetpack group, my heavy machinery group, and tarkan's group.  I send my main character in along with my jetpack people to bombard while avitus rains down artillery, and tarkan does a mixture of ranged and melee.  I kind of stopped using Cyrus after awhile.  Yeah I'm more of a Western Styled MMO gamer myself too I'm not a big fan of the Asian stuff.  I hated Aion, it just wasn't fun.  But, I will probably try Tera, and eww haha I don't know how you can still hang around in WoW.  They just butchered it so bad that it just was done for me, I had to leave lol.  Cataclysm doesn't even seem appealing, they just keep on killing more and more lore. 

Quote WardTheSteak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 5:14pm
teaiewold View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote teaiewold Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 10:47pm
i have to agree with the lore being abused with WOW. i'm not the most knowledgeable about the lore but i've read a bit here and there. it seems they are starting to add stuff just to add it and try to keep the game fresh. i think the one thing that always urked me about WOW was how easy it was to kill the faction leaders. when i left the game it seemed like every other day raids were killing the faction leaders so they could get their bear mount.

i looked into Vindictus that one has me very skeptical. i'm not a fan of free to play mmo's at all. when i think of free to play i feel the company hasn't made a commitment to the game. when you have subscription based you know the company has made some level of commitment to continually work on the game. plus being able to buy gear to make your toon better is lame to me.  

Quote WardTheSteak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 4:08am
Yeah, but it depends on what scheme the f2p system is made up of.  If its like D&D or Lotro then they are totally committed, and there isn't an unfair buy 2 pwn system.  It's more along the lines of content based payment so its still basically p2p.  The game just looks to amazing combat and gameplay wise for me to not at least try it.  I mean did you see how interactive objects and things are with the game?  You can actually grab people and throw them.  Also, Blizzard has horribly abused their Lore its not even funny.  If you look back to the Warcraft days, and compare the Lore with the state of the game its not even comparable.  I'm glad games workshop declined Blizzard a chance to make the Warhammer game instead of Warcraft because Blizzard would have just butchered it too.  Even though Mythic totally sucked at making Warhammer event though I still enjoy the game, but its just not anywhere near what it could have been. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>