FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

stress testing with missing components

Post Date: 2012-04-30

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
isaidicanshout View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote isaidicanshout Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: stress testing with missing components
    Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 3:51pm
on the builder it allows me to say no to a hard drive and video card, which i was thinking of doing since storage is so cheap elsewhere.

what does that mean for stress testing? do you put in a drive and card and test the system, or do you ship without testing if components are missing?

basically i'm looking at the ENIX and pretty much in love with it, but if i supply my own video and storage i can get it close to newegg price.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Online Status: Online
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 4:51pm

I just asked the team, and we normally charge fees for testing a PC without those components since we have to do the test ourselves and some of our testing fees are in the hard drive and video card (this is why you see such a price difference).

To prevent any misunderstandings, the team removed the option to have no video card in the PC because it's very rare that our customers pick that, and the price we charge when there isn't one installed makes it not worth while, you're better off picking a very low end video card and upgrading it yourself later.
 Post Reply Post Reply