Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Starcraft 2
    Posted: 04 Aug 2007 at 4:32pm
I got a chance to play Starcraft 2 at Blizzcon and it was amazing! Anyone else eager to get their hands on this game upon release?
skyR View Drop Down
Digital Storm Apprentice

Quote skyR Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Aug 2007 at 4:13am
I can't wait for the game. Im building myself a new PC just for when it releases =)
R-dawg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote R-dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Aug 2007 at 9:56am
Been a while since I last touched Starcraft but I am definitely looking forward to getting my hands on this.
In case of doubt, make it sound convincing.
chrissmith View Drop Down

Quote chrissmith Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Aug 2007 at 1:03pm
Wish I got to play it to...
MSBMichael View Drop Down

Quote MSBMichael Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Aug 2007 at 7:28pm

Starcraft was my first Online Game! I used to play every tourny they had from Ladder 1v1, to KBK. I was randked a constant top 50 on 1v1 Ladder. And for KBK the Koreans Ladder where you pay to play and got real prizes heh I was ranked top 70. But thats why they whoop our butts all of the time because there all math geniuses and starcraft is all math.

You may strike me down, but I will become more powerfull than you can possibly imagine.
skyR View Drop Down
Digital Storm Apprentice

Quote skyR Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Aug 2007 at 1:36am
starcraft isnt math.

its memorization, control, and on the spot thinking. i guess you can say koreans have a larger brain capacity then americans.

doing 400+ APM while trying to predict what your opponent is going to do and what you're going to do next. = very very hard
Donut View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Donut Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Aug 2007 at 3:19am
Originally posted by skyR

starcraft isnt math.

its memorization, control, and on the spot thinking. i guess you can say koreans have a larger brain capacity then americans.

doing 400+ APM while trying to predict what your opponent is going to do and what you're going to do next. = very very hard

I never played starcraft. Only tried it a couple times  . . . I'm afraid to buy scII when it comes out because everyone else has 10+ years of experience :P Confused
Dave View Drop Down

Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Aug 2007 at 3:37am
HECK YES! i wana play it soooooo bad, after all i am a star craft fan at heart.
X-Fire: OddityX1337
Yahoo: l33tz0rz1337
Rick Rolled Son!
GruntMaster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote GruntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Aug 2007 at 4:17pm
I can't wait for this game to come out. I remember anxiously anticipating the release of the original version and couldn't comprehend how blizzard wouldn't attempt to create a SC2 for so many years...I guess they wanted the revenue from WoW first. I just hope they finish the game before I'm in a walker!Wink
E6850 OC@2.8GHz
nVidia 680i LT
750W Thermaltake
250GB HD
2GB DDR2 Corsair 800Mhz XMS2
GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB
MSBMichael View Drop Down

Quote MSBMichael Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Aug 2007 at 7:13pm
And Starcraft has a lot to do with math.

Especially the build that I was going with. And my rush that I used. I cant remember the exact math that was used for I was taught but the #1 korean dudder on KBK Ladder. Name was SLayeRS anyways, it was like 8 for a depot and it was so many seconds to build and the punch out of a marine for the amount of money you were taking in. Ah my head hurts ill have to look through my old system to find it.
You may strike me down, but I will become more powerfull than you can possibly imagine.
Clinx View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Clinx Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Sep 2007 at 4:38pm
I've only played it like twice, it's a fun game but i'm more of a warcraft fan. I might get it tho.
Sonofek View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Sonofek Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Sep 2007 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by MSBMichael

Name was SLayeRS

Boxer? o.O

Anyhow, I can't wait to play it. I haven't played SC in years, and I wasn't too good at it, but man, I love watching some of the games. Go go Nal_rA!
KnightTemplar View Drop Down

Quote KnightTemplar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Sep 2007 at 2:41pm
I was playing the demo a few weeks ago and there's still people setting up multiplayer games...

This game is what? 8 years old?
Please accept my apologies for any grammar errors. English is not my first language and I'm currently learning it.
Sonofek View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Sonofek Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Sep 2007 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by KnightTemplar

I was playing the demo a few weeks ago and there's still people setting up multiplayer games...

It just gets better with time. StarCraft has achieved almost perfect balance in an RTS, or as close as you can get to true "balance". For every strategy, there is a counter. The game itself has longevity because of it.

I personally enjoy the Command & Conquer series as well, but all you really have to do, is spam one unit. I've played a good amount of C&C3 on my 360, and if you played against GDI, you were going to get Mammoth rushed, if you played against Scrin, the PACs would come in full force. I never really played against NOD too often, most people seem to have gone with either GDI or Scrin. Anyhow, of course that's generalizing a bit, but for the most part, you could go in, and without much actual strategy.

StarCraft on the other hand, you couldn't do that. If you were playing a balanced map, such as Lost Temple, or Luna, and not a money map, or a map where they clump 40k minerals and 6 geysers in one area, you could come across a few people going with cheese strategies like massing cannons, and such, but it wouldn't work against a decently skilled player. That's what keeps the game fresh. You have a multitude of choices, and viable strategies, and while some are better than others, it isn't straight "build 50 of these and rush", not that you should be able to build that many units at the start of a game, anyhow.

KnightTemplar View Drop Down

Quote KnightTemplar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Sep 2007 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by Sonofek

Originally posted by KnightTemplar

It just gets better with time. StarCraft has achieved almost perfect balance in an RTS, or as close as you can get to true "balance". For every strategy, there is a counter. The game itself has longevity because of it.

I personally enjoy the Command & Conquer series as well, but all you really have to do, is spam one unit. I've played a good amount of C&C3 on my 360, and if you played against GDI, you were going to get Mammoth rushed, if you played against Scrin, the PACs would come in full force. I never really played against NOD too often, most people seem to have gone with either GDI or Scrin. Anyhow, of course that's generalizing a bit, but for the most part, you could go in, and without much actual strategy.

StarCraft on the other hand, you couldn't do that. If you were playing a balanced map, such as Lost Temple, or Luna, and not a money map, or a map where they clump 40k minerals and 6 geysers in one area, you could come across a few people going with cheese strategies like massing cannons, and such, but it wouldn't work against a decently skilled player. That's what keeps the game fresh. You have a multitude of choices, and viable strategies, and while some are better than others, it isn't straight "build 50 of these and rush", not that you should be able to build that many units at the start of a game, anyhow.

Very true and nicely said. I played a bit of C&C on my PC and you freaking knew that your opponent would build as many tanks he could and send it all at once in your base. And what could I do?

Starcraft was a bit more subtle(?), if someone sent 10-12 carriers/battlecruisers, you could use those suicide flying zerg thingie(I always forgot the name :P) and completly change the rest of the game.
Please accept my apologies for any grammar errors. English is not my first language and I'm currently learning it.
Sonofek View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Sonofek Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Sep 2007 at 8:41pm
Yeah, and another problem with the spamming Battlecruisers and carriers, is that they took up a lot of resources, took some time to build (especially if you're building them en mass), and were slow once they were up in the air. All of those factors discouraged the use of building the one, most powerful, unit.

And even then, a group of carriers isn't an instant win against a skilled player, well depending on the opposing force. One thing that was nice about carriers, against people who aren't too micro intensive, is all the little interceptors flying around. If you just send you're units into the fray, they'll pretty much attack the first thing they see. But if you have all of your units focus fire on one carrier, they go down quick.
Sam813 View Drop Down
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Sam813 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Sep 2007 at 9:52am
Starcraft is alright ive really only played the first one but it gets boring and everytime i play they always rush me lol.

Lord of the rings is a good game though.
Clinton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Clinton Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Sep 2007 at 12:11am
I love Starcraft, I've been playing for 9 years and can't wait for SC2 to come out. It almost never gets boring. I have my own clan and everything, and its very easy to take care of. Smile I'm Clinton-@useast.
cbrollie1000 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cbrollie1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Sep 2007 at 12:27pm
I started playing Sc 12 years ago played like 4 years straight. Can't wait for it 2 come out. Played SC a couple of weeks ago but wasn't as fun as it used to be kinda wierd kaz i would play 9 hours or so on weekends straight. Those were the days with team fortress classic haha.
 Post Reply Post Reply