FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

stability issues?

Post Date: 2012-07-04

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tju76 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tju76 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: stability issues?
    Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 4:22pm
I have had my system oc to 4.5 ghz @ 1.235 vcore for weeks now, I just got a bsod so I rebooted with same settings ran intelburn test and failed did it twice to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Then I went into bios raised vcore to 1.240 and dropped ram speed to 1333mhz after reseating ram. Just ran intelburntest normal and high and everything passed. Could it have been the ram not seated correctly just find it odd because after my original oc I ran prime 95 for 12 hrs and intel burn test and everything passed. My thoughts are maybe unseated ram or a bad stick of ram any way to see if its a bad stick? Or should I just see how stable I am after the changes I just made.
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 9:14am
Hi tju76,

You seem to fiddle with your system a lot more than the average person. Anytime you pull the side panel and work in the box you stand the chance of a problem. From 40 years of working with electronic equipment I know that the best thing you can do is leave it alone once you have it working. It doesn't surprise me that you might have a problem of some kind.

I am not saying you are doing a bad thing, but you should expect more problems than someone who leaves their system alone.
Frank

Edited by FrankW - 05 Jul 2012 at 11:07am
tju76 View Drop Down

Quote tju76 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 9:37am
i always wear an anti static wrist strap before entering my case, the system is totally stable i think it was just the ram was not seated correctly
tju76 View Drop Down

Quote tju76 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 9:43am
pretty much the only fideling i have done on the front side of the computer was installing new lights changing out the leds in the bay reservoir and adding cable extensions, My only other plans are installing custom made ram heatfins to my new dominator memory and installing the quick dissconects when i get my custom made backplates for my videocards cant quite figure out what i want on them, any ideas?
 Post Reply Post Reply