FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSo, anyone had any problems or anything with DS?

Post Date: 2015-03-10

Post Reply Post Reply
Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
gamer86 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
bullet Topic: So, anyone had any problems or anything with DS?
    Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 3:40pm
I've been looking into getting a gaming PC for the past year or so, and DS really seems the most appealing to me. I don't really trust myself to build one, and I like the look of them.

I wanna order a Vanquish level 3. Has anyone had any major problems or anything? Issues with shipping, anything broken or not right when it got there?

From what I can tell, DS seems awesome, but figured I'd ask and see what anyone had to say. :)
michaeljhuman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

bullet Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 3:59pm

Don't own one, but as they are prebuilt there's not a lot to go wrong, and so far DS's customer service has been good.

There's a number of people who have gotten them and been happy.

"The other day, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. What an elephant was doing in my pajamas, I will never know"
Pacesetter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

bullet Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 4:40pm
I have to say DS customer service has been great. I had a couple problems with my computer and they went above and beyond what they 'had' to do in helping me resolve them.

The problems were not due to build or configure, which was great. Solid machine and solid OC.

What brought me here was the support from both DS and the forums. I am more than satisfied with both.

Many people build computers, DS builds a system!
Vanquish II Ultimate.
I was laying in bed looking up at the stars and wondered "where is my ceiling?"
ArkansasWoman777 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

bullet Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 7:14pm
Don't have a Vanquish but i never had an issue with DS

Edited by ArkansasWoman777 - 10 Mar 2015 at 7:15pm
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Ordered: 11-27-12
Stage 1: 11-29-12
Stage 2: 12-2-12
Stage 3: 12-2-12
Stage 4: 12-4-12
Stage 5: 12-4-12
Stage 6: 12-10-12
Stage 7: 12-12-12
Roykirk View Drop Down

bullet Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 9:05pm
There are always going to be people who don't have a good experience from a vendor, but so far it seems like DS doesn't have many.  And from what I've been seeing on the forums for the past year, the Vanquish appears to be a respected and popular model.

I haven't really engaged DS's tech or customer support but once in each case, but it wasn't for any major issues.
Ashrilex View Drop Down

bullet Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 7:51am
I just bought a Vanquish Level 4. I have yet to receive it but I can say this so far.. DS has been great. I ordered on Friday 3/6/15. It shipped yesterday. It will be here tomorrow. I live close to DS. So the fact shipping is fast is also a plus!

I also had a few questions for them, Their customer service team responded with great haste. I was not without answers for more then 20 minutes. Thats amazing in my opinion.

Tomorrow when I receive my system I will post a full review with pictures.
Jawa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

bullet Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 8:04am
DS knows what they're doing. Muscular PCs and customer service is 10/10 if you have any problems. My DS PC is over 3 years old. Had an issue recently and I called DS up for some help. They could have told me to go pound sand since the purchase was so long ago. Instead they took the time to fully fix my issue. Think Dell or some other lesser company would do that? I don't think so. When I buy my next PC (if this one ever dies--lol), I'm definitely buying from DS again. Would be silly not to.
Proud owner of an ODE-3 (version 1).
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

bullet Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 8:05am
Hi gamer86,

When I ordered my system I open a post in the Configuration Forum and listed my build for approval by the forum. It was OK as listed and I Emailed my order to DS. I received my computer exactly as I ordered it and I have never talked to a Tech person or Customer Support. This was in 2010 and my system is still going strong with no problems. I need a GPU upgrade but that is not DS's problem.

There may be other good computer company's out there but we like to think that DS is the best. One thing these other companies don't have is this forum and its members as a resource. DS gives the forum members complete autonomy allowing us to post our opinions even if they criticize DS. People who work for DS are active members and are a treasure trove of information. When problems arise that don't get resolved members can Email management directly.

The Vanquish II is a prebuilt system and members are happy with the performance. The Vanquish II Level 3 is a good computer but the Level 4 is the best buy for the money. I would only buy the Level 3 if I was budget limited. Not that the Level 3 is not a good computer, because it is. It is just that the Level 4 offers more features and performance for the money.

Frank   
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

bullet Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 9:04am
My experience with DS has been excellent.  The rig showed up almost 4 years ago, ran great right out of the box and they've always answered my questions in a timely manner.   

My video card did die after 2.5 years, not there fault, they don't manufacture them,  and they were right there to help out and send me a replacement.  I had the 5 year warrant. 

Dwik30 View Drop Down

bullet Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 9:40am
A friend of mine ordered the Vanquish 2 lvl 4, after I ordered my Apollo. He is still very much happy with his system, and I'm very much in love with my comp. As people have already said, there's lots of good computer companies out there, but DS is the best just because you feel like a part of the family right away. I got giddy when i saw my badge on the forum change to "verified customer" and anytime I've ever had a question or concern it gets answered, not only by the DS staff, but by other DS customers and enthusiasts also. DS does not sell cheap computers, they may have some affordable ones, but nothing they do is cheap, so to have such a loyal customer base as they do, then they must be doing something right.

"Envy Green" Apollo
ASUS X99-DELUXE
Intel i7 5820K 4.4 ghz
16GB DDR4 2666MHz
2 X Nvidia GTX 970 4gb
gamer86 View Drop Down

bullet Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 11:59am
Well, this is great! Looks like I'll be ordering my Vanquish within a month or so! :)
zerofunction View Drop Down

bullet Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 12:30pm
Bought my Vanquish lvl 4 in january. The experience with DS was great. No complaints and the price was about what i would pay if i built it myself. Solid system from a solid company.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

bullet Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 12:55pm
There are always going to be issues and problems with anything... some things are within DS' controls, some things are outside of their control (Shipping damage, etc)... the difference is, how far will the company go to make it right, either if it's their fault or the shippers?

Digital Storm is not just selling computers.. they take the time to make it right because they are building a customer base. They want everyone to be happy with them as a company, not just a computer supplier.

Like I've said before... they are more interested in the buyer than the sale.

Not many companies can say that.

gamer86 View Drop Down

bullet Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 1:30pm
It really says something about a company when customers talk about them like that. I was already pretty sold on them, I just wanted to see what people had to say. I can't wait to order my system from DS.
oldlady RPGer View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

One of the cool kids

bullet Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 8:28pm
Me five systems and counting. Issues? A few and DS fixed.
Plus this Forum?
The people on here are first rate. They don't have to help when you come on here with a problem. But they do. And DS doesn't delete your posts(well sometimes). A competitor that has 4 letters in there name and rhymes with hell? Well lets just say they don't allow anything negative said on there forums.

So there ya go. I buy DS. Nuff said.
Me sitting my ECMO in PICU. Now you know why I like LC. ;)

Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

bullet Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 11:39am
Originally posted by gamer86

It really says something about a company when customers talk about them like that. I was already pretty sold on them, I just wanted to see what people had to say. I can't wait to order my system from DS.

You won't regret it! Strong

While I can't stand up to oldlady RPGer's FIVE systems Drooling I do have two systems, one of which is nearly 5 years old and has had no major problems.
nayots View Drop Down

bullet Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 9:24pm
They're great! Had a few questions before I made my purchase and they were answered within 24h. I asked IBP the same questions, still havent heard back. (been a week).
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

bullet Posted: 17 Mar 2015 at 2:42pm
I have been very happy with Digital Storm and the support group here on the forum. I truly enjoy the quality of their products and how quickly DS responds to support issues. The forum members also are always there to help folks with any issues that they are familiar with.

I think you will be pleased joining the Digital Storm family! Take time to read through the forum and you will see years of entries from happy customers and the best part is reading the ones who do have an occasional issue and how fast they are handled in a professional manner by DS staff.

Don't think you can go wrong with any product backed by Digital Storm!   
Velox X/AMD 5900X/MSI X570 Pro Carbon MB/32GB DDDR 3600 DSPS/850W PS/500GB Samsung 980 Pro/1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus/500 GB HDD/Sound Blaster AE-7/EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3080 10GB/Liquid CPU cooler AIO/
gamer86 View Drop Down

bullet Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 8:12pm
So hopefully ordering within the next couple weeks, pretty excited.

Anyone think the level 3 will have many problems with Witcher 3? its pretty much the main reason I'm ordering a new PC, just based on my knowledge it looks like it should handle W3 on medium/high. I'm shooting for mostly high.
Pacesetter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

bullet Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 8:59pm
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt launches on May 19th, 2015. If you are looking to play the game on PC, here are the minimum and recommended system requirements.

Minimum System Requirements

Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz

AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940

Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660

AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870

RAM 6GB

OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)

DirectX 11

HDD Space 40 GB

Recommended System Requirements

Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3,4 GHz

AMD CPU AMD FX-8350 4 GHz

Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 770

AMD GPU Radeon R9 290

RAM 8GB

OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)

DirectX 11

HDD Space 40 GB

According to this it should do ok. High graphics settings may be a problem in some areas but you can adjust as needed. You're getting a better CPU but the minimum recommended GPU. From what I saw in beta the graphics can test a system in some areas. My core 2 quad with GSI 450 video just didn't cut it. (hence the vanquish for the newer high end games.)

Vanquish II Ultimate.
I was laying in bed looking up at the stars and wondered "where is my ceiling?"
gamer86 View Drop Down

bullet Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 11:54am
Yeah, I've been looking around and checking and it seems it'll mostly do fine with it. As long as it'll maintain a playable framerate at mostly high I'll be happy.

Been playing on low settings mostly for the last few years. So I'm pretty excited.

Progenitor View Drop Down

bullet Posted: 21 Mar 2015 at 6:56pm
I've had a pretty good experience with DS. Well built, well shipped machines. One of the fans was partially disconnected from the motherboard but was easily able to push it back in. Considering it had to come from California to Indiana and that's all the was physically wrong with it, I'll take it.

There customer service can be kind of hard to get a hold of and in my experience aren't as good as some people on the forums will rate them to be. This could be due to my personal experience with PCs as well. It's better to call than to make a ticket as I've found they'll never respond to a ticket. Waited a week on one and two weeks on another but when I called for both issues I got right through.

For the quality of the machines, from the components to how everything is managed from the cords to airflow you can really see that DS knows what they're doing when it comes to PC builds. If you don't know a lot or have intermediate understanding of PCs their customer service will be appreciated although you probably will never need to contact them unless it's something real minor.

I have an Apollo level 3 and I couldn't be happier. That being said, your level 3 Vanquish will perform visually quite the same as mine at 1080p.

An i5 is all you'll ever need for gaming. You don't need a "k" behind the model number unless you're overclocking which is needless unless you're 4k gaming, and even then, 3.5ghz is more than enough. The place where you'll get hit is performance with that GTX 960. You'd be able to max things out albeit at 30fps. That's console speed so if you're fine with that, no worries. If you'd want to hit 60 though you'd need to turn things down.

All in all though, it's a decent machine. You definitely won't be playing things on low anymore.
gamer86 View Drop Down

bullet Posted: 21 Mar 2015 at 7:05pm
Funny, I'm also in Indiana! That's pretty reassuring that only a fan was slightly disconnected. Hopefully I won't need to contact customer support too much, but its nice to know DS will be there if I need them.

I certainly don't expect max settings on everything, just would like mostly high on most things. I plan on upgrading from a 960 somewhere down the line when I need to.

Thanks! Just a couple more weeks till I order hopefully.
Panzer View Drop Down

bullet Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 9:28am
Howdy, just placed my order Saturday (3/21/15) for a Vanquish II lvl 4. Very excited about the prospect of a new, high end rig.

After I made the order, i did some online snooping for DS reviews. (wrong way of doing things, i know). And i must say, YELP had me worried. There are some unhappy people with DS reviews.

But, after browsing the Forum here, I feel much better, and that knot in my stomach has gone away.

Iv'e been running a XPS710 since 2007. I replaced a CMOS battery and have gone through a few sets of video cards, but its still chugging along. Star Citizen wants 64 bit, though, so time to upgrade.

Happy to be a part of the DS community, and very excited, to say the least.

Just received the "Your order has processed email" Good times!
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

bullet Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 9:37am
Yelp isn't a very reliable source to find reviews. Also you find most people post negative reviews over people who are happy with their system who don't post.

Edited by ArkansasWoman777 - 23 Mar 2015 at 9:38am
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

gamer86 View Drop Down

bullet Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 9:57am
Yeah I felt the same after reading some complaints. But seeing how the company handles things on these forums and the like, has definitely made me feel better.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

bullet Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 11:06am
Yelp is the worst place to base judgement on a company, they tend to promote negative reviews more than positive ones.

In addition, whenever there is an upset customer, we do strive to take care of them. We never refuse to take care of valid honest concerns.

If we were even close to being that bad, we would not have an "A+" rating with the BBB.
Panzer View Drop Down

bullet Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Alex

Yelp is the worst place to base judgement on a company, they tend to promote negative reviews more than positive ones.

In addition, whenever there is an upset customer, we do strive to take care of them. We never refuse to take care of valid honest concerns.

If we were even close to being that bad, we would not have an "A+" rating with the BBB.

That was my next stop, to check out BBB, and only a small percentage of issues, none unresolved.

So, I am expecting good things, and I have a positive attitude towards the process!

gamer86 View Drop Down

bullet Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 3:53pm
Got one last question I think. Does it really matter which case I choose? I must say I love the look of the K380, but I like the fact the original has 3 fans.

Will that really make a big difference? Thanks
Gary63 View Drop Down

bullet Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 4:36pm
I just ordered and received a Vanquish level 4. It was damaged when I received it but it could have happened in shipping or who knows where. Out of 4 boxes we have ordered this one was the only one that was damaged. I can say this though, they do have great support and that Pc is running a dual monitor set up(2x 27inch Asus Mx279) with no troubles at all everything maxed out. Card(GTX 970) runs at 30c idle and 56c at max so far. If you have the extra cash get the level 4.If you are having one built tell them to put a rear fan in it. It doesn't come with one. To me cooler is better and what does a fan cost, next to nothing.
Gary63 View Drop Down

bullet Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Gary63

I just ordered and received a Vanquish level 4. It was damaged when I received it but it could have happened in shipping or who knows where. Out of 4 boxes we have ordered this one was the only one that was damaged. I can say this though, they do have great support and that Pc is running a dual monitor set up(2x 27inch Asus Mx279) with no troubles at all everything maxed out. Card(GTX 970) runs at 30c idle and 56c at max so far. If you have the extra cash get the level 4.If you are having one built tell them to put a rear fan in it. It doesn't come with one. To me cooler is better and what does a fan cost, next to nothing.

P.S. Do not get the K380 case. I made that mistake. It looks cool but it is one cheap case. Go for the original one and I think that one comes with a rear fan.
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

bullet Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 4:42pm

P.S. Do not get the K380 case. I made that mistake. It looks cool but it is one cheap case. Go for the original one and I think that one comes with a rear fan.

I was thinking about getting the Asus Mx279H any issues with ghosting or lag?
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

gamer86 View Drop Down

bullet Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 4:51pm
I was following your thread Gary63, wanted to see if the support was as amazing as it looked.

The way they handled seemed great and pretty much sealed the deal on it for me. I'm leaning towards the original cause of the fans so far
Gary63 View Drop Down

bullet Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 4:54pm
Awesome monitor with no ghosting at all. My son is running 2 of them on the sim rig we built him and they look awesome.Great colors also.
Gary63 View Drop Down

bullet Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 4:57pm
Yes support has been great and always has been. I remember buying my first ---- computer. Had some trouble with it and called support and could not understand a word the guy was saying,lol. That was the end of them for me.

Removed competitor's name - Snaike

Edited by Snaike - 24 Mar 2015 at 1:07am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>