Post Date: 2014-06-19

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Raging Gaming View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Raging Gaming Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Side Panel
    Posted: 19 Jun 2014 at 9:49am
I finally got my vanquish lvl 4 computer in about a week ago, and I have already told digital storm how displeased I was with the graphics card not being in the slot. Know I have a problem with the side panel...I cannot get the side panel to stay on the case without taping it i have had 5 other people try and it will just not stay. Can someone please help?
ArkansasWoman777 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2014 at 9:54am
Is their not screws that screw in the back?? As for the card not being in the slot, it could have been from shipping jolts as that can happen and cause the card or whatever to slip.
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Ordered: 11-27-12
Stage 1: 11-29-12
Stage 2: 12-2-12
Stage 3: 12-2-12
Stage 4: 12-4-12
Stage 5: 12-4-12
Stage 6: 12-10-12
Stage 7: 12-12-12
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2014 at 10:09am
Like Arkansas said, there is a thumbscrew on the back that holds it on once seated.
The side panel slides on, from front to back.   
PcKiller View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote PcKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2014 at 11:59am
Me being a semi driver for a great numbers of years that is now retired, I can tell you for a fact that the freight in the back of any truck gets knocked around. Some roads are worst than others.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2014 at 12:09pm
I have the Vanquish II 4... yes, it's one thumb screw on the back that opens the side panel... and on re-install, you have to line up the rails just right.

If you try to force it, it's just going to bend the tabs and slots out of proportion and never seat right again.

As for the card out of the slot, I would guarantee that was a shipping issue... just ask yourself, how are they going to test it if the card isn't installed?

Someday, go to a FedEx/UPS/USPS hub and watch how they handle packages. I've been in the industry for years. It's all just boxes.

(PcKiller, still have my CDL around here somewhere, mostly SW US... miss those days sometimes.)

Quote Raging Gaming Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2014 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Snaike

I have the Vanquish II 4... yes, it's one thumb screw on the back that opens the side panel... and on re-install, you have to line up the rails just right.

If you try to force it, it's just going to bend the tabs and slots out of proportion and never seat right again.

As for the card out of the slot, I would guarantee that was a shipping issue... just ask yourself, how are they going to test it if the card isn't installed?

Someday, go to a FedEx/UPS/USPS hub and watch how they handle packages. I've been in the industry for years. It's all just boxes.

(PcKiller, still have my CDL around here somewhere, mostly SW US... miss those days sometimes.)

i know about the screw i have done that a million times the side panel comes of easily even with the screw

Edited by Raging Gaming - 19 Jun 2014 at 2:33pm
ArkansasWoman777 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2014 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Raging Gaming

i know about the screw i have done that a million times the side panel comes of easily even with the screw

I wouldn't doubt the shipping jolts probably damaged the side panel a bit.
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Ordered: 11-27-12
Stage 1: 11-29-12
Stage 2: 12-2-12
Stage 3: 12-2-12
Stage 4: 12-4-12
Stage 5: 12-4-12
Stage 6: 12-10-12
Stage 7: 12-12-12
PcKiller View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote PcKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2014 at 5:05pm

I drove OTR as a O and O. For the people who do not speak trucker, OTR = Over the Road, And O and O = Owner/Operator. I have been in every state but Maine of the lower 48. And I miss the heck out of it too. Where else do you get paid dam good money to travel the country.

For anyone who is single, it is a great way to make good money.
I-5 14600 KF
ASUS Prime Z790-P D5
32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY Beast RGB
SSD M.2 2TB Samsung 990 PRO
RTX 4080 16GB
H20: Stage 3: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler
Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 by 1440

Quote Raging Gaming Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2014 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by ArkansasWoman777

I wouldn't doubt the shipping jolts probably damaged the side panel a bit.

I fixed it...I had to bend the metal on the side panel and the case to fit it I saw a 2 inch dent that I didn't noticed.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2014 at 10:09pm

I fixed it...I had to bend the metal on the side panel and the case to fit it I saw a 2 inch dent that I didn't noticed.

One of the main reasons I decided to pick mine up.

That, and I could because DS is relatively close.
surf71zx View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote surf71zx Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jun 2014 at 9:44am
Take a picture of the 2" dent and send it to Alex. He will make it right for you, to your satisfaction.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jun 2014 at 10:13am
Correct, looks like your system had a rough ride. No worries as we can take care of you. I suggest taking a few pictures and emailing them to ([email protected]) with your order number.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jun 2014 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Alex

Correct, looks like your system had a rough ride. No worries as we can take care of you. I suggest taking a few pictures and emailing them to ([email protected]) with your order number.

There goes Alex again... doin' his thing, makin' it right. Another +1

(those @#$%# truck drivers! wait.. um.... nevermind. )
 Post Reply Post Reply