FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SHIPPING IS BS

Post Date: 2014-10-15

Post Reply Post Reply
Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
spymr2 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote spymr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: SHIPPING IS BS
    Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 6:36am
I like the process that Digital Storm has of checking their computers work, but here's my problem. I am very ticked off about this problem as well. When I first purchased my desktop, I also added the express 3 day shipping for an additional $180, IT STATED MY PURCHASE WOULD ARRIVE ON TUESDAY OCT 12TH. The purchase was done on Friday Oct 10th around noon eastern time. I understand the payment process can take a day or two, but I received an email later that day stating the payment was good and the order is being processed. Later I received the email about their process of checking to make sure the computer works. Great process, love it, BUT it also stated the estimated delivery day would be TUESDAY OCT 12TH. I checked on my computer almost every hour, the computer sat in stage 6 for 2 days, and then a whole day in stage 7. It was just sent out from the facility last night on OCT 14. NOT ONLY AM I PISSED THAT I HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY ORDER YET, I WILL BE CALLING IN TO DEMAND A REFUND OF MY EXTRA SHIPPING PURCHASE BECAUSE IT DOES NOT STATE ANYWHERE BEFORE ORDERING THAT THE SHIPPING DATE CAN BE MOVED BACK IF A PROBLEM OCCURS IN THE CHECKING PROCESS OR FOR ANY OTHER REASON. I understand Monday was a holiday and mail is not delivered on holiday's, but my order hadn't even left the facility yet. I AM NOT HAPPY AND NOW EVEN MORE MAD BECAUSE IT NOW SAYS MY ORDER WILL NOT BE HERE UNTIL FRIDAY OCT 17TH, 1 WEEK LATER FROM THE PURCHASE DATE, NOT THE 3 DAYS I PAID FOR. THE EXTRA SHIPPING IS BS AND NOT AT ALL WORTH IT.Upset
ArkansasWoman777 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 7:59am
I do want to point out that DS isn't open on the weekends so even though you paid extra you would have still had to wait until DS reopened.

Also it kinda states in the terms and conditions: Orders received before 3:00 PM PST are usually processed the same day for product build. Products are shipped only after build which can take up to 15 days on a standard basis. Your order may be delayed if your ship to address does not match what your credit card issuer has on their file. Some orders that are shipped from fulfillment warehouses may require longer for the item to ship. We may also ship the orders with multiple items from different warehouses so it is possible you get the items on different days. Due to the many circumstances such as unable to charge your card or verify your address, we cannot guarantee when your order is shipped out. Also if you choose next day air service, it does not necessarily mean you will get it the next day from the order date, it means that you will get it the next day from the date we ship the order. Digital Storm reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to delay your order for any reason.

Edited by ArkansasWoman777 - 15 Oct 2014 at 8:08am
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Ordered: 11-27-12
Stage 1: 11-29-12
Stage 2: 12-2-12
Stage 3: 12-2-12
Stage 4: 12-4-12
Stage 5: 12-4-12
Stage 6: 12-10-12
Stage 7: 12-12-12
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 8:04am
Yeah, shipping time starts from the day it's actually shipped.  Ordering on Friday, the Tuesday shipping from their facility is pretty darn good.  3 days from Tuesday makes it Friday the 17th.    

Not sure why the Tuesday the 12th time to arrive at your place was stated, however.  Confused  Tuesday isn't the 12th, but the 14th.   

Edited by bprat22 - 15 Oct 2014 at 8:08am
Marderforhire View Drop Down

Quote Marderforhire Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 8:05am
You do realize that's not digital storms fault right?

3 day air is for the mail carrier, once DS is finished with the build they have fedex pick up the package and on the postage the specify which method I.e. 3 day air for 179 USD . So it takes 3 days from that point it left the DS factor floor to get to you.

No where does it say DS will get your computer to you literally in 3 days after payment. It can take 3-5 days to build and QA. Then ship. Once they ship it they select which ever you chose as your method which in your case wad 3 day air. So i. 3 days from now you will get what you paid for.

Sorry boss but you may want to research how mail works before you make purchases like this and expect your product at your doorstep 3 days after you purchased it. Ai t going to happen.

Quote Marderforhire Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 8:07am
DS is not going to refund you shipping charges. That money goes to fedex for the 3 day air mail. So when you get your product in 3 days that's what you paid for.
spymr2 View Drop Down

Quote spymr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 8:52am
For the smart ass that pointed out that I put the wrong day I apologize I meant the 14th. However, I also am not blaming the postal service for the delay, but it told me the date would arrive on Tuesday Oct 14th, if I had known it would take a whole week to receive it I would not have paid the additional 180 bucks for the shipping. I do know they reserve the right to hold an item, but 1. If there was any problems, I should have been notified of the delay, and 2. It should not tell me the order should arrive on that Tuesday and then it not even get shipped until Tuesday evening. I know it is a long process, but that is implying a false date of arrival. Also at the time of purchase I was not aware that they did not work on Saturdays, and I did not know they wouldn't be open on Columbus day, yes I know it's a holiday, but millions of businesses are open on Columbus day. Mine was and I can list plenty of others.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 9:00am
Smart ass here.  Big%20Smile

When I mentioned the wrong date, I assumed they gave you the wrong date and not on your end.   

Hope things get resolved. 

DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 9:00am
Spymr2, calm down Bprat wasn't being a smartass one bit

Edited by ArkansasWoman777 - 15 Oct 2014 at 9:00am
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

spymr2 View Drop Down

Quote spymr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 9:13am
I apologize, I took that the wrong way. I'm just not to happy with having 2 separate things telling me I will receive the item on 1 day, and then finding out it doesn't even get shipped until the day it was supposed to arrive. I am very excited about receiving this desktop and I still am, I just wish that it would not have told me it would be here 1 day and then find out different.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 9:19am
Thanks, Arkansas.  Big%20Smile

spymr2...  We do understand your being upset.  Not sure what happened or why that date was promised, but DS and you need to iron it out.  We help all we can but have no way of checking it.

Moving on a bit, care to share what system you ordered.  From the quick shipping, I'm assuming a Vanquish? 

spymr2 View Drop Down

Quote spymr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 9:24am
Yes, the vanquish 2, level 3. I did a lot of looking into it and decided I really liked it.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 9:33am
Nice. Awesome  The Vanquish lvl 3 is one of the best deals out there.  A strong gaming rig for under a grand.    

Ariktu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Ariktu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 9:40am
Contact Alex at either [email protected] or [email protected].

Give him your order number and maybe even include one of those emails or both. I am sure he will work something out.

Obviously at this point the system is in the mail so there is little they can do since it is in the hands of the shipping company and on the way.

It seems to me that they need to look at those emails to make sure future customers understand when things will ship out and give more accurate dates and some disclosures.
spymr2 View Drop Down

Quote spymr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 9:40am
I thought that as well. I looked at the Lv 4 but decided that the extra 2 components it came with weren't a big deal to me so I stuck with the 3. I'm very excited to receive it and hook it all up, I even got a ew mouse, keyboard, and headset from Amazon. Good quality for cheap. Spent 64 bucks total for all 3
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 9:46am
$64 for all 3?  That's my kind of shopping.      Hahaha

spymr2 View Drop Down

Quote spymr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 9:50am
Yeah, and I used the Amazon prime trial so I got that order in on this past tuesday. Then canceled the prime. Lol
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 10:01am
Hi spymr2,

I'm sorry to see that you are frustrated with the shipping situation, there must be some misunderstanding that needs to be clarified. I'll be more than happy to help!

I was reviewing your order and here's a rough timeline on events:

(1) We received your order on the 10th which is a Friday.
(2) Your order was shipped on the 2nd business day which is the 14th, please note Saturday and Sunday does not count as we are closed.
(3) According to UPS, it is being delivered on the 3rd business day which is the 17th.

Everything seems correct, I'm not sure where you were seeing that your computer would be processed or guaranteed to arrive by a certain date from us. If you can clarify for me, I would be more than happy to have our team review it as we do not want any customer to get upset over this.

Please send me an email at "[email protected]" and I will be more than happy to help.

P.S.
I will be moving your thread to the "Customer Service" section, and we'll keep it open until the situation is resolved.

Edited by Alex - 15 Oct 2014 at 10:01am

Quote Marderforhire Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 10:03am
Don't know how they gave you a lock in date? I ordered a vanquish lvl 4. On Monday the 6th. Order was processed same day. On my invoice it stated n/a for estimated ship date. It also clearly said it takes 3 to 5 buisness days to complete the build and QA process. Nowhere in my emails or invoice stated any date of arrival.

My pc shipped Monday and Felder has it scheduled to arrive Friday the 17th. Standard ground shipping.

So again unless DS specifically stated in writing to you a guarantee date then unfortunately you are failing to realize it's not their fault. They send the pc to fedex to ship once it's their fedex get it to you in the time frame you purchased.
spymr2 View Drop Down

Quote spymr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 10:12am
In the email it does say 3-5 days, when I ordered it it said estimated arrival on Oct 14th that was on the web site, the email does say 3-5 days though. The emails are all correct, it was during the purchasing process that it stated Oct 14th.

Quote Marderforhire Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 10:15am
I see , dunno did you grab a screen of it?

This is one reason I never do expedited shipping. It all depends on how fast the seller literally drops it in the carriers lap. Which could take longer then the expensive shipping you paid for.

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 10:25am
The VANQUISH is one of our best selling systems, this is the first time I've seen such an incident, if you can send me some email or screenshot of what you were looking at, I'll be more than happy to share it with the team so we can look into it.

In regards to shipping, in the end, you still got the system faster than you would have gotten it via Ground. If you selected Ground, you would have received the computer next week, but thanks to the 3-Day service, you'll get it this Friday so you can enjoy it over the weekend!
spymr2 View Drop Down

Quote spymr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 12:05pm
I sent you an email, hope u got it, but again thank you for contacting me. I am highly looking forward to receiving my new desktop.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 12:35pm
   A review and couple of pics after you get it would be great, if an when you can tear yourself away.
spymr2 View Drop Down

Quote spymr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 12:42pm
Definitely will upload a pic in a new post as well as a review. It will probably be done on Sunday, gotta give me a few days to ply with it.   
spymr2 View Drop Down

Quote spymr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 12:44pm
bprat, what system do u have?
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by spymr2

bprat, what system do u have?

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/forums/ode-new-arrival-tidf15118/ this is what he has
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 1:00pm
Yep, one of the original ODE systems, the 600t case, with a i5-2500k cpu overclocked to 4.4 Ghz.   And a gtx 570, a replacement for the original gtx 560.

3 years old but still rocks, runs great and games mostly on High settings with BF3 ,BF4, Far Cry series, etc.   

Gotta dig into the wallet sometime to keep up with all the new stuff that I drool over on the forums.
Meller View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Meller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 4:10pm
Lucky you apologized for calling bprat names. I know I'm late to the party, but I'll fight for you bro.

I was ready to log into CS and challenge you to a gentleman's duel.

No one insults bprat... but me.
Custom PC
Ryzen 9 5950X
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme
128GB DDR4 3600mhz
EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Samsung 980 Pro 512GB m.2
Samsung 960 PRO 2TB m.2 x2
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by Meller

Lucky you apologized for calling bprat names. I know I'm late to the party, but I'll fight for you bro.

I was ready to log into CS and challenge you to a gentleman's duel.

No one insults bprat... but me.

Lol Meller everything is fine now
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

spymr2 View Drop Down

Quote spymr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 7:56pm
That is a nice set up you got. Do you all prefer mechanical keyboards or a regular keyboard? (not like a laptop keyboard though) lol. And yeah again I do apologize for calling u a smart ass.
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 8:01pm

That is a nice set up you got. Do you all prefer mechanical keyboards or a regular keyboard? (not like a laptop keyboard though) lol. And yeah again I do apologize for calling u a smart ass.

I know you are asking him but i prefer mechanical keyboards over regular ones
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

spymr2 View Drop Down

Quote spymr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 8:20pm
That was a general question. I don't really want to spend that much money on just a keyboard. Seems a bit to pricey for me.
Ariktu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Ariktu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 8:23pm
I use a membrane keyboard and am very happy with it.

When my Logitech g15 dies I will not be happy.
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 8:28pm

That was a general question. I don't really want to spend that much money on just a keyboard. Seems a bit to pricey for me.

Might be a bit pricey but are worth it imo
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Meller View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Meller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 12:21am
Mechanical keyboard, hands down. I didn't think it'd make that big of a difference. The only reason I bought my corsair K70 was because it was on sale. But man, now that I know, I'll never go back. my cherry red mx switches... love.

You don't realize how much better it is, until you have one and use it on a daily basis.
Custom PC
Ryzen 9 5950X
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme
128GB DDR4 3600mhz
EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Samsung 980 Pro 512GB m.2
Samsung 960 PRO 2TB m.2 x2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>