FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Setting up computer

Post Date: 2015-03-03

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
txlnghrn182 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote txlnghrn182 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Setting up computer
    Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 11:58am
I bought a Vanquish II last week and expecting it sometime this week. So I have a few questions:
1)What all drivers do I need to update? I know of a few but a list would be great. Also I assume I can get them from the corresponding companies and install normally like any other program or do I have to go into BIOS?

2)I bought a SSD to go along with it and want to install the OS on it. First and foremost it says to update the mobo before installing so how do I go about updating the mobo without an OS? Guess that ties in with my first question.
Tried searching a little bit, but most seem to be for migrating from HDD to SDD. That being said is it as simple as booting up the computer after checking all the cables, putting the windows install disk in the optical drive and booting up and selecting the right storage device?

Pacesetter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Pacesetter Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 2:13pm
With the Vanquish II unless you specified other when ordering you can plug it up and go. DS does the work for you, installing the OS, drivers etc.   It should check windows update for any updates upon boot up.

You may need to set up drivers or programs that are unique to you.

The first thing to look at is, do you want the HDD partitioned? If so do that before storing anything on it.

Use the SDD for the OS and prime programs that are closely tied to it. Video drivers, etc. Use the HDD for other programs, games, storage, etc.

When you download just change the C(drive) to [E](drive){your HDD} and download to there. I also put mirrored folders on my HDD ( downloads2 pictures2 etc) and use them.

You will want to keep drivers up to date as usual.

No need to get into the BIOS for any of this.

Edited by Pacesetter - 03 Mar 2015 at 11:29pm
Vanquish II Ultimate.
I was laying in bed looking up at the stars and wondered "where is my ceiling?"
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 2:56pm
Run Window's update when you get it, and that's it.
 Post Reply Post Reply