Secret Windows 7 screens leaked?

Post Date: 2008-09-24

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Secret Windows 7 screens leaked?
    Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 3:14am
Secret Windows 7 screens leaked?

Despite Microsoft's efforts to keep Windows 7 information secret and safe within a close circle of partners and testers until its good and ready, another round of screenshots has found its way to the web.

Over the weekend, the ThinkNext.net blog posted a variety of screenshots purportedly from the latest batch of beta code, Windows 7 M3 Build 6780. Unfortunately, the page is now deader than disco. Someone claiming to be a Microsoft suit emailed the author and dropped enough litigious words of advice to encourage a hasty retreat.

But all is not lost, curious readers. Windows7news is presently hosting the images. You may catch them there before they're gone.

The images include a Windows 7 welcome screen, start menu, administration windows, and updated applications like Windows Media Player, and – YES! - MS Paint and Calculator!

All signs point to things looking pretty Aero-y. That is to say, Microsoft appears to be sticking with the same semi-transparent glass-effect graphic interface used in Windows Vista. You may also know this as the option in Appearance Settings you had to disable because it makes your laptop run like crap. The build does appear to be using the Office 2007 Ribbon interface in Wordpad and Paint. That's a change at least.

Keep in mind the code is still deep in beta country so nobody is promising you Aero. In fact, Microsoft is doing its best to promise you next to nothing this early into the process, having learned a harsh lesson with Vista.

Back before the ponderously maligned OS made it's debut, Microsoft made a fine mess out of previewing thrills, chills, and a laundry list of features - along with a thousand elephants that didn't make the cut when Vista hit retail shelves. Customers couldn't help but compare the OS against their artificially enhanced expectations – adding to the grief that made Vista the Tito Jackson of Windows releases (Windows ME is Marlon Jackson, by the way).

for pics visit this link
Nomak View Drop Down

Quote Nomak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 8:39am
Im just starting to settle down with Vista... Sleepy
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 3:23pm
To be honest, I don't think there is gonna be too much differnce, but I have not looked at the details yet.

I don't think you would be missing much between the 2. I'll no more when I have time to look at the details.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Oct 2008 at 5:17pm
HM its build on vista code, so it may look different but its not gonna be much, it can't, the code won't allow it.

if you click on my link at the bottom of my first post, there you will see it even looks like vista.

now take a look at all features it will be missing

Edited by DST4ME - 06 Oct 2008 at 5:18pm
pgarthw8 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote pgarthw8 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 2:39am
I'm just now getting VISTA on my new pc coming from DSO soon.  But it looks like windows 7 is probably a long ways off anyways.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 5:53am
it will be hear by the end of 2009, I'm not moving from vista and windows 7 is gonna be buggy as hell when it first comes out, by the time its in sp1, I should be ready to look for something maybe

Edited by DST4ME - 07 Oct 2008 at 5:53am
 Post Reply Post Reply