FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rig decided.

Post Date: 2014-10-17

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Rig decided.
    Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 12:25pm
Hi,

I've decided to go with this configuration. 1066028

I just need to save up, but probably by that time there will be new stuff & that config number will be outdated. That's why I copied the specifications, & there will be newer stuff in the future when I can actually afford it.

I know it's overkill & no one really need those specifications, but I can't shake the feeling of I need my first desktop 100% overkilled, & I've decided to go with Digital Storm, great reviews on pretty much every computer that has been in the past & now present, & the live chat thingy is great, Brian has helped me a lot, so has Alex with some things.

This configuration is the dream machine, so why not just save up, instead of buying the minimum & then upgrading it. When I'll get this beast, I'll never have to upgrade it, it will dominate anything I set it mind to.

I'm going with 3 28" monitors by Asus, 4K resolution. I've been reading about NVIDIA Sorround/EyeFinity that looks awesome.

The reason I need to saveup is because of the custom cost, delivery cost & some other costs if I want it on doorsteps in Iceland.

And when I actually buy it, I'll do a review, pictures of the computer & my setup.

Edited by KingHeikir - 17 Oct 2014 at 12:59pm
Meller View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Meller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 3:49pm
I don't believe in overkill.  Anyone who says "that's overkill, you don't need it." is not someone I need/want in my life.

Hopefully there will be some nicer video cards out that can support 3x 4k monitors with excellent performance.  Don't get me wrong, three cards with three display ports can output 3x 4k but FPS will be eh.

Also, you won't want to do nvidia surround/EyeFinity with 3x 4k monitors.  If you game at all, you'll be getting like 2 fps.
Custom PC
Ryzen 9 5950X
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme
128GB DDR4 3600mhz
EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Samsung 980 Pro 512GB m.2
Samsung 960 PRO 2TB m.2 x2
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 5:14pm
The only monitor that will go up to 4K resolution will be the one in the middle. The others are just for research, youtube & such. But I don't want them different sizes, so just picking 1 type, & 1 model.
Meller View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Meller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 5:19pm
That's cool and all. You just mentioned Nvidia Surround/AMD EyeFinity.  So I assumed you'd be doing that, hence why I said get ready to only get like 2 fps.
Custom PC
Ryzen 9 5950X
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme
128GB DDR4 3600mhz
EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Samsung 980 Pro 512GB m.2
Samsung 960 PRO 2TB m.2 x2
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor