FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rift: Planes of Telara

Post Date: 2011-03-30

Post Reply Post Reply
Page  <1234>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Zipter View Drop Down
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Zipter Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 5:07pm
It is a really good game and if your not invested into anything right now worth a try.  It still has issues but ever MMO has them.
"For Pandaria!!!"
MrJingle View Drop Down

Quote MrJingle Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 7:22pm
Bummer my Riftblade/Reaver is a shadow of itself now. Too bad.. I loved the self heal of the build.
Mexico may have the Donkey show, but Alaska has the Mini-horse show!
RiceEatin2000GT View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 3:25am
im strongly thinking about trying it out. The only thing thats holding me back is the old republic coming out. I might be beta testing this at the moment cough cough
Divine View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Divine Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 3:59am
Since I got my pc today I went ahead and got it, not sure I like it tho...might be cause ive played wow for so long, just doesn't seem to polished to me...and idk why, there might be a logical reason for this but what is with the area's that look like water at a distance and then you go inspect them say to yourself "what is this" step into the area and fall through the world.

Edited by Divine - 31 Mar 2011 at 4:00am
asteldian View Drop Down

Quote asteldian Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 5:22am
To be fair to Rift, it is the most polished release game I have ever played in the last...actually I don't think any MMO has been this polished at release (obviously that does not mean it is perfect!)

Riftblade/Reaver got hurt, but 51 Riftblade and 15 Reaver still works.

I am trying out a Rogue build and deciding between Ranger/Assassin/Nightblade, Ranger/Marksman/Assassin, Ranger/Marksman/Nightblade, trying to decide which will max out my ranged butt kicking!

My favorite part of the game is still all the soul choices you can make!
WardTheSteak View Drop Down

Quote WardTheSteak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Divine

Since I got my pc today I went ahead and got it, not sure I like it tho...might be cause ive played wow for so long, just doesn't seem to polished to me...and idk why, there might be a logical reason for this but what is with the area's that look like water at a distance and then you go inspect them say to yourself "what is this" step into the area and fall through the world.
I
I seriously have not experienced anything you speak of ever.  That is weird.  Lol, but yeah get a little further up and the game will start to diversify.  However, I am sad to say that I no longer really play Rift because the PvP just isn't satisfying me anymore.  It was 5 times as fun in beta. 
Bensonc120 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Bensonc120 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 11:24am
WardTheSteak what kind of fps were you getting for Rift?  What resolution and settings were you using?

I am using 1920x1080 at Medium settings and getting 40-60 fps and over 70 fps when I'm outside the towns.  This is with my 460 gtx card.  Ideally I would like to get 80+ with 1920x1200 on Ultra settings. 

I'm not sure if I want to get a good gaming laptop and hold off on a desktop upgrade or if I should get a new desktop similar to the build DST4ME recommended (prob around Thanksgiving) with a 30' or 27' Dell Ultrasharp. 

So I'm curious if those of you who have good DS rigs are able to get 80+ fps in this game.  I've read on forums that some people with really high end rigs were still only getting 55 fps with ultra settings on 1920x1200.  If that's the case then I would prob hold off and just get a laptop for teh same performance but with ability to play at my friends or relatives' houses.

Benson

Quote WardTheSteak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 1:09pm
I recently got rid of my 2x 5870's and bought a 6970 and am still planning on buying another.  So my fps has dropped, but this game has just plain out sucked so far with my ATI cards.  My fps has recently gotten better though and I am usually sitting 55+ on ultra.  I get far better fps in much more demanding games though and I would recommend getting a desktop that can handle other games you will be playing.  I mean you got Skyrim and all kinds of greatness coming out this year so I wouldn't short yourself by getting a laptop.  Rift is just weird, I remember showing in at around 200-300 fps in Aion which is far more demanding graphically then Rift, and with my 2x 5870's I would avg. around 80 fps in Crysis maxed.  So get a desktop Big%20Smile.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Bensonc120 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 2:12pm
I want both but it's a lot of money Confused  The Dell 30 Ultrasharp is $1400, desktop is gonna be around $2200-$2600, laptop is around $2200... that's just a lot of money.

Is it worth that much to have 70+ fps on ultra settings? Heck yeah!  Big%20Smile

Benson
Divine View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Divine Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 8:26pm
I'm playing on ultra via their slider, and im getting around 80fps questing, 60fps in towns, and drop to 40fps in a large scale battle.
Haf-932
Asus Maximus Iv Extreme
2600k Overclocked ~ 4.4ghz
8gb Corsair Dominator DHX RAM
160gb Intel SSD
WD Black 500GB
1000 Corsair PSU
Msi Twin Frozr Gtx 680 Overclocked ~ 1135Mhz/1200Mhz
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Bensonc120 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 11:20pm
Divine what resolution are u playing at?
Divine View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Divine Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 1:28am
1920x1200 is what resolution im using, on a 26" samsung I got sometime last year.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Touch-T260HD-25-5-Inch-Monitor/dp/B001AYCNIW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1302673010&sr=8-1

Im happy with my fps, if you really take the time to look at the textures and graphics you will understand why it takes more ummff to run. Not sure if higher fps could be achieved with sli or crossfire or not, im not even sure rift supports it but it could. I know wow doesn't, but its not like it needs to im getting 350+ fps questing in it,and 250ish in dungeons, haven't tried a raid yet as most of my focus is in rift now.

Edited by Divine - 13 Apr 2011 at 1:41am
Haf-932
Asus Maximus Iv Extreme
160gb Intel SSD
WD Black 500GB
1000 Corsair PSU
Divine View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Divine Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 1:54am
Originally posted by Bensonc120

If that's the case then I would prob hold off and just get a laptop for teh same performance but with ability to play at my friends or relatives' houses.

Benson

A laptop with never be the same performance as a desktop, just not possible. Imagine the heat from a top of the line desktop gpu in a laptop rofl. With laptops the parts are basically nuked down in performance enough where the heat isn't an issue anymore. Im not sure what kind of fps you would get on the best laptop DS has to offer, and I guess it would depend on the resolution as well. But I cant see a laptop running rift on ultra with anything more than 40fps if that!

Edited by Divine - 13 Apr 2011 at 1:54am
Haf-932
Asus Maximus Iv Extreme
160gb Intel SSD
WD Black 500GB
1000 Corsair PSU
asteldian View Drop Down

Quote asteldian Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 6:54am

I get 40-60FPS with an i5 750 minorly OC'd to 4ghz and a GTX 560 on Ultra.  For an MMO you really don't need anymore than that tbh.

A great gaming build will cost between $1200-$1500 if you build yourself.  You can spend more for fancy extras but they won't actually effect the FPS and gameplay.

Talking of gameplay, anyone playing a Cabalist/Inq build that is working well?  Am trying to adjust my wifes Cleric build but I am not familiar enough with the souls so cannot come up with a good soul build and rotation, so any advise would be appreciated.

Quote WardTheSteak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 6:00pm
Rift does support crossfire and sli.  Also, definitely dude you are going to want to get a desktop, and one rule of thumb is to never assume that this one game is the only game you will ever play.  I would get a desktop that could perform well with anything you throw at it, something a laptop isn't going to do for you.  Also, I specialize in Cabalist, lol what is her lvl. and what is the purpose?
asteldian View Drop Down

Quote asteldian Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 4:29am
lvl 50, DPS in expert dungeons.  Currentl we are experimenting with 51 Cab/15 Inq but I am unfamiliar with the rotations best to use for AOE DPS and also Single target
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Bensonc120 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 9:05am
How do you acquire the Vindicator soul for Warriors?
Kriegaffe View Drop Down

Quote Kriegaffe Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 10:20pm
Souls can be acquired from Quicksilver college if you are a Guardian.  You have to do the quest for each one... At least that is where is I found the quests for my mage.  I did them all and I think they all require sealing a rift to get the quest done.
Divine View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Divine Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 12:34am
I think vindicator is the pvp soul though, which for my rogue I got from 1 of the pvp vendors for 2500 tokens. The other souls are acquired by quest, and require you to down a rift and then use the summoning item to defeat that soul.
Haf-932
Asus Maximus Iv Extreme
160gb Intel SSD
WD Black 500GB
1000 Corsair PSU
Kriegaffe View Drop Down

Quote Kriegaffe Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 2:57pm
Divine is right.  Doh forgot about the pvp souls.
Sensation View Drop Down

Quote Sensation Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 7:46pm
What class is it that has the Fae pet? Cause I thought it was chloromancer but I don't see it in the soul tree.
Zate View Drop Down

Quote Zate Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 8:50pm
It's cleric - specifically druid i think.
Assassin On Order
Sensation View Drop Down

Quote Sensation Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 8:58pm
Ok thx! =) It's a class I wanna try. I haven't tried that yet.I'll probably try it with another couple of cleric classes any suggestions to go with that class?
Zate View Drop Down

Quote Zate Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 9:43pm
Shaman works well with it, justicar too.

Basically 4 ways to setup the cleric. Melee DPS, Ranged DPS, Healer and Tank

I like to go Primary soul to suit the purpose i want to fill and then my secondary as something that compliments that but depending on if i want to solo or group. For example, if I doing a solo melee build (such as I am right now) i went with Shaman, Justicar, Warden. I get good melee DPS and plenty of self healing.

i have a ranged DPS build that is similar in intent too. Ranged soul, healer soul, druid for the pet.
Assassin On Order
Sensation View Drop Down

Quote Sensation Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 11:54pm
thx =) just made my character gonna try it out see how I like it.
aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Apr 2011 at 3:38pm
I'm also playing Rift, and have been since beta.  This game has simply delivered time and time again, and I really enjoy playing, even now at lvl 50.  My main spec is Reaver/Pally/Warlord tank, but I do love my Riftblade dps spec.  With enough plat you can buy many different specs, and play them all.  Expensive tho.  I'm glad to see so many people playing and continuing to join.  The game really  seems to be doing well.  We just added 3 more new players to our guild last night, and have enough folks to have two full raid groups each night.  Keep up the good work Trion...very impressed.  On Greybrier svr, and play as Acillies and Lottz.
asteldian View Drop Down

Quote asteldian Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 4:17am
Yeah I am having fun still at 50, just been running the expert dungeons with my guildies (well, rl friends really).  Yesterday was a bad day for us after about 15 deaths in the FAE dungeon and still not being able to kill the final boss before needing to camp.  Was quite the humbling experience considering we did the FC expert for the first time with only one death (obviously it is a much easier dungeon) it was only our 3rd expert dungeon so we'll accept the failure.  Our two big issues were a lack of overall DPS in our group make up and sadly also my tanking as for the first time ever I had issues keeping aggro with the tree boss and the final boss because the adds were tricky to pick up - I may adjust my build again, perhaps picking up the 32 point Pally ability.

Zate, you may want to swap Warden with Sentinel for extra DPS goodness.  The shaman build thrives off his crits and for 10 points in Sent you get another 20% damage increase to crits (that with the shaman ability gives +40% damage! and heals when they crit too) even the first 5 points are useful in that soul as they increase spellpower
Zate View Drop Down

Quote Zate Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 7:38am
thanks for the info. i've swapped back to my rogue for the moment, Cleric was taking too long to kill stuff, no matter what spec i went. I was impossible to kill though.. lol
Assassin On Order
asteldian View Drop Down

Quote asteldian Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 9:08am
Yeah the cleric builds are good at killing and surviving, but compared to my warrior build the kills took a long time
aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 10:09am
For the record...Reaver tank FTW!!!  I'm simply loving this spec meshed with a pinch of pally and a dribble of warlord.  I know that the pally spec is the preferred warrior tank spec, but my death dmg dots that spread like a plague and bust open wounds and sores to all those around me just sounds mean.  Death vs Holy damage.  As a Defiant, take a guess at which I choose.  Sorry for sounding like a fanboy atm, but just having a lot of fun on this game.  2 man'd reg CC last night to powerlevel a guildie.  Was a little slow, but he was getting 1800xp + group bonus.  NICE.  Anyone not having fun with this game, hit us up in Greybriar server.  We're a tight and growing casual guild that raids almost everynight.  So maybe that's a little hardcore, but we try to have a fun, and have been playing together since WoW, AoC, etc. 
Acillies
asteldian View Drop Down

Quote asteldian Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 4:04am
I use Reaver in all my tank builds, mostly only a small amount for the AoE, though I miss the prenerf days of actaully being able to hit more than 5 mobs.

I think I know what my issue was for FAE - I long time ago I made Tab my 'target nearest' mob and had long since forgotten how to target next mob, as a result against the bosses I had to try and mouseclick the adds to then throw a few aggro tools at them (Plague Bringer + DoTs) trying to do that with a giant tree taking up your screen is near impossible!

CC is a great dungeon for PLing or just grinding faction with a couple people.  We had to two man it the other day due to a groupmate being disconnected every 30-60 seconds, he had to give up but we carried on going through.

I am guessing everyong here pays on the US servers, but incase any do not, I ad my guild are on the Argent RP euro server.  We are far from hardcore, a small bunch of people and don't even have enough to raid, but we do run the T1 expertsregularly and we are all just up for a laugh - it's just a game afterall.  We die alot. :)
aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 3:33pm
"We die alot"  LOL  I love it.  I felt the same way last night in Expert IT with Ragnoth.  I almost always tank, but I was taking a break and just goin with my Riftblade mdps spec.  His snare effect in Expert basically makes it impossible for melee to run in and out of that fight without getting nailed by his aoe.  I died at least ten times.  We finally beat the boss by me staying in full tank spec and standing outside the circle.  I picked up the boss only when the mt died.  VERY tough fight for melee, but still lots of fun.

...btw.  Tab targeting is my biggest and only complaint at the moment for this game.  IT SUCKS to be nice.
asteldian View Drop Down

Quote asteldian Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 4:18am
Seriously, we do.  Aside from FC which we completed our first time with only one death, we die pretty regularly in the dungeons, especially at the beginning - we tend to be sloppy when we start a dungeon.  But it's just so darn funny.  I think we managed 20+ deaths in one dungeon, the Planar medic was summoned a couple times :)

I wish tab targeting would only shift between mobs currently aggro'd rather than anything around.  Though I have to admit we have had a lot of funny deaths thanks to our friend Tab.
Unfortunately when fighting big bosses in specific positions, picking up adds kind of relies on the evil Tab as you cannot click past the giant dude in your face particularly if th mobs are too far away to get latched on by Plague Bringer.

Groupie
Groupie

Quote Bensonc120 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 1:38pm

Got to level 50 a couple weeks ago and honestly I kinda missed the leveling aspect of the game because pre-50, I can do warfront, rifts, I can solo on quests and get better gear, or I have the option of grouping up for dungeons. Now at 50 it seems like in order to get better gear you have to group up whether it be for raids, dungeons, or rifts (I can't close a major level 50 rift by myself or level 52 rifts by myself maybe I just suck).  Don't get me wrong, it is fun to group up but sometimes I like to venture by myself and still be productive as far as advancing my character.  Still addicted tho...

Benson
Sensation View Drop Down

Quote Sensation Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 3:52pm
Yah I like to solo sometimes as well. Grouping is fun though specially with my guildies been making a lot of freinds in my guild "SoulSociety". One of our guildies suggested this morning that we have a day just for closing Rifts together as a guild & I like that idea & I mentioned the fact that I haven't tried closing a actual Raid Rift yet, I know there's the kinda Raid Rifts you close for events that the public can get into easily  but the kinda Raid I'm talking about is the kinda Raid that's private by invitation only cause those kinda Rifts can only be opened by private raid groups. I think that is something that we may be doing in the near future hopefully. As I really wanna try it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>