FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Review at day 5

Post Date: 2008-12-19

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
stmbtwilli View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote stmbtwilli Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Review at day 5
    Posted: 19 Dec 2008 at 4:02pm
Well, I wanted a computer that would play my favorite games at full graphics without any lag. Something that I could multitask on. You know, manipulate digital photos with Photoshop and listen to Pandora at the same time. Also one that would be good for internet surfing, e-mail and all the daily uses we have for our computer.

I'm not sure that I have the words to describe how happy I am with this "Cool Black Box." It has only been five days but we've really started to bond.

Most of the time has been spent getting all of our info and software loaded. With the change from a 2001 Gateway antique to a state-of-the-art Vista 64 you know we've had to upgrade all of our programs. Every manufacturer made these upgrades very easy and they all saved us money. I had just renewed our Norton Internet protection package when the old computer died, so the tech just jumped onto the new one and downloaded the program for us. Roxio Creator also needed updating and the tech there saved us time and money. Favorites had to be repopulated and ID's and passwords needed to be entered. We love that Norton remembers all of our sign-in info. As I'm typing this, I think most everything is loaded. Except for all the new stuff that this computer can now handle.

After many, many hours of research, I finally decided on the HP LP2475w. It is the perfect choice to pair up with the "Cool Black Box." The forums were full of people concerned with different aspects of this monitor. I'm here to tell you that this monitor has no backlight bleed, no bad pixels, and no color gradations across the screen, and I love the fact that it is a wide-gamut monitor.

Next week (Christmas day) I will be adding a Logitech G-15 keyboard and the AK-R8 headphones from Turtle Beach. That is, if Santa is good to me.

So how about the computer? I don't have to tell you it's fast, but Internet Explorer loads in the blink of an eye. The MMOG Pirates of The Caribbean online was the main impetus for getting a new computer. I was tired of the lag and playing at the lowest resolutions. Wow. You have to see it now. Perfect!

The fit and finish of the computer is comparable to the works of a Swiss watchmaker. I really like that you can always see the inside.  It looks like a fine piece of jeweled machinery. And, unlike my old computer, upgrading to keep this one current will be a snap.

I've already had the oppurtunity to call on tech support. When my old computer died, it somehow took the speaker system amplifier with it. Not realizing this, I called for help when I didn't get any sound. To my rescue came "Randy the Magnificent." Randy was very patient and concerned that we figure out what was going on. He checked everything on my computer and figured out what the problem was. After borrowing a friend's sound system it turned I indeed do have sound.

This kind of customer service is one of the main reasons I chose Digital Storm. The before- and after-sale service has been outstanding.

I know there is more I want to say but this is getting pretty long.

Suffice it to say my wife and I are extremely happy Digital Storm customers friends.

Photos to follow.

I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." ~ Walt Disney

Quote stmbtwilli Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Dec 2008 at 4:05pm
I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." ~ Walt Disney
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Dec 2008 at 4:17pm
Wow beautiful so tell us, what was your oc? use HWMonitor to watch all your temps.

CPU-z will tell you the info on your hardware as far as speed and timing and etc.

GPUz will tell you the info on your GPU.

Edited by DST4ME - 19 Dec 2008 at 4:19pm

Quote stmbtwilli Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Dec 2008 at 4:53pm
Thanks DST4ME.

Oc is 3.82.

This computer has EVGA Advanced Graphic Tuning so you can control graphics and fan speeds. All of the of this info will be displayed on the graphic screen on my new Logitech G-15 keyboard.

I've been watching you guys talk about all these different programs but so far I can find and control all this info right on this machine. As you can tell, I am very impressed.

I certainly would be remiss if I didn't thank you again for all your help and input.
I was a lost soul until I found all the great people on this forum.

jtspectra2 View Drop Down

Quote jtspectra2 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Dec 2008 at 4:55pm
may i suggest a nice pair of studio headphones and a clip on mic for your gaming headset. although i like microphone/headset combos, i seem to have not had any luck with any of them . Although , i hear the steelseries one is the only good one out there.

just a heads up.
Other then that . NICE RIG. and nice OC . i love the blue man. good luck with it
Q9650 @ 4.2Ghz( Liquid Cooled), 4GB 1600Mhz DDR3, GTX280 SLI, VRaptor,HAF 932
stilkster View Drop Down

Quote stilkster Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Dec 2008 at 8:35pm
Great rig and pics!!!Big%20smile You'll also like the G15 kb. 
950Si 1000W PSU QX9650 4.0GHz 790i 8GB 1600MHz Dominator DHX 2x GTX 280
LC Dual Loop CPU/Dual Card
PTGeek View Drop Down

Quote PTGeek Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Dec 2008 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by stmbtwilli

Thanks DST4ME.

Oc is 3.82.

Wow, you got 3.82 OC on AIR?!  That ROCKS!!  Ermm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Dec 2008 at 7:27pm
Wow 3.82 on air is great,
scaner View Drop Down

Quote scaner Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Dec 2008 at 9:23pm
yep nice rig...and OC....
 Post Reply Post Reply