FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Reliable business PC. DS for me?

Post Date: 2007-08-17

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Shawn View Drop Down
  Quote Shawn Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Reliable business PC. DS for me?
    Posted: 17 Aug 2007 at 1:23am
Hello everyone
I own a wholesale business (import and export) and am going to be using Quickbooks Manufactuer and Wholesale 2007. Here are the requirements of the program:

http://quickbooks.intuit.com/product/accounting-software/wholesale-distribution-software/?view=sysreqs#tabAnchor

I am only going to use this PC for work, no gaming, but internet, PDF faxes, emails etc. so I NEED something reliable. My last 2 rigs from DELL and HP crashed and left my business down for days and cost me thousands, so now I am weary or big brands.

Also the Quickbooks program says I only need 1G but at that its S L O W. So I know I need at least 2GBs.

Do you think the DS gaming PCs are good for my needs to be safe. (overkill is good to be safe and I must inventory thousands of products) or should I just get a DS Desktop? OR is DS not a system to get for a reliable business PC??

I know from reading reviews both on here and elsewhere that DS is good for gaming but are they reliable enough to sustain my business and not break or crash on me when I need it the most? Time is money and an unreliable PC that crashes costs me money for every day down when dealing with my clients.

Also can I config one to meet my needs for under $700 shipped? (thats all my accountant budgeted) (Also I live in Honolulu, Hawaii)

Any info or experience you guys have regarding DS and business needs will be appreciated.
Thank you
Shawn

skyR View Drop Down

Digital Storm Apprentice

Online Status: Offline
  Quote skyR Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Aug 2007 at 1:54am
DS is a reliable company

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/comploadsaved.asp?id=73729
cheapest one with an OS.

give them a call and maybe they can build you a pc that's under $700.
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star.
Phreak View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Phreak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Aug 2007 at 3:59pm
If the DS pc can sustain gaming, it can surely sustain use for buisness purposes.

I havn't bought a DS computer YET, but will in the near future. I've been researching for about a week or so and DS is the most highly rated and reliable PC I have found so far.

E-mail or call them and ask for some assistance.
 Post Reply Post Reply