FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Regarding Start up

Post Date: 2013-06-15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Deathdenial View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Deathdenial Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Regarding Start up
    Posted: 15 Jun 2013 at 8:02pm
It been happening since I got my computer from DS, the first 2-3 days or so when I turn on the computer, there was one *BEEP* at the BIOS screen. Just today, it stop making that beep, is this normal? It feel rather strange to me where it just suddenly stop? I asked DS and they say the beep is normal... and now it has stop so IDK if there is something wrong Oops
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Jun 2013 at 8:45pm
I would call DS Monday and ask just to be safe!
Velox X/AMD 5900X/MSI X570 Pro Carbon MB/32GB DDDR 3600 DSPS/850W PS/500GB Samsung 980 Pro/1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus/500 GB HDD/Sound Blaster AE-7/EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3080 10GB/Liquid CPU cooler AIO/
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Online Status: Online
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Jun 2013 at 11:23am
You can call us about this, it's usually not something that is bad.
syed20 View Drop Down

Quote syed20 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Oct 2014 at 6:08am
I have noticed that windows updates (ones since June) will trash the system. I have had to turn windows update off. If windows updates run, it will basically brick windows as close to dead as possible, and then I will have to image the computer back to a point prior to those updates to get it back to life (and it will still have the warm up problems).
sultan
Meller View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Meller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 6:45am
Originally posted by syed20

I have noticed that windows updates (ones since June) will trash the system. I have had to turn windows update off. If windows updates run, it will basically brick windows as close to dead as possible, and then I will have to image the computer back to a point prior to those updates to get it back to life (and it will still have the warm up problems).

Firstly, beeping in the bios start up refers to a very few things. Most of the time it has to do with ram, your cpu, integrated sound and/or video... etc. Windows Updates can't really "brick" as you say any of those parts.

If Windows was going to destroy anything, it'd most likely be your SSD/HHD. But either way, I'm unsure as to why you're so scared of Windows Updates. I run my own IT management and consulting firm. Hundreds of PC ranging from Windows XP up to Windows 8.1. Many servers ranging in their OS's as well. I've had 0 issues with Windows Updates on any platform.

If you're having PC issues with updates from June, I'd say you need to pinpoint which update specifically is giving you issues, and find out what it's affecting as that hardware is most likely the issue.
Custom PC
Ryzen 9 5950X
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme
128GB DDR4 3600mhz
EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Samsung 980 Pro 512GB m.2
Samsung 960 PRO 2TB m.2 x2
 Post Reply Post Reply