FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Quick Question about Customizing

Post Date: 2008-05-29

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Paladin View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Paladin Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Quick Question about Customizing
    Posted: 29 May 2008 at 4:50pm
When customizing a rig I noticed that there are no options for fan controllers or temp dispalys. I was just wondering if this was avalible. I was looking at the Cooler Master Cosmos-S case. My second Question is if I were to upgrade the GPU in the future would it void the warranty? Or could i have a technician help me over the phone as to not void the warranty. If the GPU is liquid cooled can I upgrade myself or would I have to send it back to DigitalStorm?

Thanks for the help
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Online Status: Offline
  Quote !ender_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 May 2008 at 6:43pm
fan controllers and temp displays would have to be special ordered as far as i know, but you can get all that in software anyway..

if you upgrade to a different GPU and do not go through digital storm it will void the warranty in the respect of anything on, in, around, or related to the video card itself.
example:
1: get a new video card off new egg, your pci slot overheats and warps to hell.. no warranty help
2: get a new video card off new egg and 2 months later your cd/dvd drive fails, covered under warranty

any upgrades are at your own risk, liquid included, if you want THEM to upgrade for you, you will have to pay to ship it to them, but, any installations / hardware would be covered under thier warranty
 Post Reply Post Reply