EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Online Status: Offline
  Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by sdelu

Originally posted by Bill the Cat

Originally posted by Alex

We could have more resources towards just participation in our forums by other DS employees but, we are at the same time trying to ensure we are as efficient with resources as much as possible due to the current economic situation that we are all under.

Obviously, shipping flawless systems in a timely manor is DSO's first priority. Answering tech support phone calls and emails probably ranks second. Just those two activities can make for a full day. However, getting back to your original question, the best and perhaps only way to knock off fence sitters in the forum is to provide access to knowledgeable employees. Maybe you'd have to establish some ground rules, like employees would only address configuration issues and not get into detailed diagnosis and problem solving in the forum.

I'm not sure if that's really the "best" way to get the fence sitters, as you put it. I would think that more people who are sitting on the fence aren't doing so because of lack of access to knowledgeable employees, but rather the availability of alternative options. There are other companies out there that look good on paper (dell, gateway, etc.) that have "gaming systems" for more "accessible" prices.

Show them that DS computers can outperform these big company PCs in any price range and that will get more sales. Of course, that would require finding a way to get the information out there.

But that's getting away from the point of the thread, as that won't get anyone to do anything "now." Honestly, what I said earlier is what would get me closest to getting a DS rig "now," and I really honestly can't think of anything else that would get me to that point.

What kind of answers did you expect, Alex? Just curious if you had an idea of what you would see.

I think what sdelu states about Dell, Gateway and other "box name" companies holds true.  DS needs to get their name out in a mass marketed format.  What is DS' advertising budget?  How much do you spend now getting your name in the places you need to be.  Dell and these other companies are not specializing in boutique gaming rigs, eventhough they are gearing up to look like they actually do, but their name is somewhat synonymous and they are a household name.

Digital Storm is not the household name... yet, but could be more in the face of the consumer depending on how much you're willing to spend in advertising.  Alex, how many partners, if any, own Digital Storm.  Is it an owner partnership, or is it wholly owned by one person?  If you were to pull up 1000 feet, where do you see DS in the market?

If you're going to take business away from the giants, you'll need to be seen as a slayer of giants.  What is DS doing to be seen as a giant slayer in the market that will turn the head of the general consumer, not the gaming consumer?  Maybe DS only wants to be so big in the market and level out at that point... idunno.  However, idle and comfortable in this specific industry can get you buried quickly.

Edited by EdH63 - 12 Jun 2009 at 8:25pm
Bill the Cat View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran
Forum Bitch!
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Bill the Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 8:40pm
Giving away money is the lazy mans way of increasing sales.

Oh BTW, the review in Ars Technica was great, but nothing irks me off more than seeing articles in the mainstream computer press, like PC Week and PC World, declaring the lastest pile of scrap from Cyberpower, or FNW, or HP is greatest game machine they've seen to date. Sleepy  If you want more customers, figure out who you've got to brown nose at those rags to get DSO some coverage.

Edited by Bill the Cat - 12 Jun 2009 at 8:55pm
3.6 GHz E6850, 4 GB RAM, GTS 250, TJ9, Win 7 64-bit
4.4 GHz i7 3930K, 16 MB RAM, GTX 670, 550D, Win 7 64-bit
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 9:13pm
I think that people would cross over and buy a Digital Storm system if they saw how cool the owner experience is.  I talk up DS at work all the time.  A lot of people, even those very technically savy try to get stuff on the cheap without considering what a premium system provides.

I try to always tell people how cool it is to boot up and be able to do everything instantly rather than waiting for IE or Outlook to load like on older computers.  A lot of people are looking at computers now as appliances that can be bought for $500 or so that "work".  They have lost sight of what technology can actually provide if you are willing to pay for it.

I recently bought a Sony 46" LCD that makes my TV experience very life like compared to the old low def 25" I had.  I will never go back.  This is how I feel about my DS computer. There is just no comparison between my monster mainframe and a $500 run of the mill computer.  My DS kicks Ass!  It is that simple.  The thrill of booting up and diving into a graphic game like Call of Duty WAW with everything maxed out is fun each and every time that I go online.  Just checking email takes seconds and not minutes like on the old computer.

I think the multiple video and print reviews that DS shows on their main page helps but it would be hard to believe that anyone could keep their money in their pocket if they ever had the opportunity to take the controls of one of these beasts.

It is really hard to describe the DS owner experience to someone that has not actually seen what it is like to use one of these monster machines.  I love the look and comments when people walk into my computer room and see it for the first time. 

I really believe that people on the fence would do what ever it took to get the money or financing if they could just experience for a few minutes what the DS ownership experience is like. 

As DS owners, we each need to be sure to let people feel this excitement by inviting them over to see what gaming and super computing is really about!!!

By the way DST4ME has been a major sales support by providing honest candid technical advice to visitors here on the forum.  Your customers are proud of how he represents the very best of what a talented technical resource can offer.  Great job DST4ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ermm

Edited by Onkel_Ken - 12 Jun 2009 at 9:15pm
HAF 932 i7 920 OC 3.60 V8
EVGA GTX Titan SC 6GB VRAM
RAM 12GB Corsair Vengeance
1KW Corsair PS 300GB VelociRaptor
Western Digital 500GB 1TB BU
EVGA X58 Fatality X-Fi Champion
cdfarris View Drop Down

Quote cdfarris Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 9:18pm
Free stuff is always great. But the problem is that it has to be paid for by someone.
As for me it will be several months before I can purchase my new system. It Is a $$$$ thing. still too much month at the end of the money.

I wish I had discovered DS before buying my current laptop. I would have bought it from them instead of HP.
Keep the Shiny Side up Guys
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 9:32pm
Thank you so much for your input and kind words Onkel_Kenglad to see the beast plowing thru
pockyking535 View Drop Down

Quote pockyking535 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 11:23pm
I think that a payment plan would be awesome!  I agree with what others have said about DS getting a credit card.  That's what is really stopping me from buying from you guys.  It's just too much money up front.  
"I can't believe I'm going to work on my b-day!"I can't believe I'm doing laundry on my b-day!
"I can't believe I'm paying for sex on my birthday! Rip off. There should be a discount -- Jim Gaffigan
jean luc picard View Drop Down

Quote jean luc picard Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 4:36am
Well as soon as i get my check in the first week of july im calling digital storm and im ordering my computer.And alex since im going to be a new customer i would have to say that you and your company is doing a fine job at selling new rigs to people like me.I have a limited income but im willing to spend a few extra dollars for quality,and when i see digital storm,i see quality!I mean with the free shipping and the discounts and that i was told i wouldnt have to pay any taxes on my new rig is plenty of incentive right there.As for selling to and aquiring more customers,you got to advertise in most areas of advertisment.Get known,people need to know who you are.Your not going to believe this but i discovered your company completely by accident.Around two weeks ago i googled (gaming computers)and your company name came up.However it would of been nice to hear about digital storm through my friends who are all gamers and pc enthusists.Also as i read in a previous post,just give away your t-shirts.If im going to spend 10 bucks im going to put it towrds the computer.Give me a shirt with your logo on it and ill wear it all the time.
Zardoz8719 View Drop Down

Quote Zardoz8719 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 7:04am

@ BtC...  "giving away money is the lazy man's way of increasing sales"  Too true--and too soon it becomes self-defeating.

@ Onkel-Ken... GREAT tribute to DSO, DST4ME, and the joy of ownership!

@ Sdelu & EdH63...you both consistently come up with good stuff...  As for the David vs. Goliath battle between "Big Box" and "Boutique"...I want DSO to make money, be successful...and stay in business....  Am I being selfish by clinging to the intimacy/personal attention/and/and unique character that is DSO (now)...or consider it progress if/when they become one of the large/cookie-cutter/out-sourced customer sales/service companies that DELL and their ilk represent??

Ever notice how...when you buy something...suddenly, you NOTICE how many (like it) have been around you all the time...  I think the same phenomena goes for Magazine ads and the like...  "We" notice every DSO ad and all the subtle changes...others are nearly oblivious...because if you've seen one computer ad (well, you know the rest...). 

Thing is...people DON'T notice ads unless they're in the market for the product.  Don't believe me...when's the last time you paid attention to ads for washers/dryers/BBQ's/chainsaws or CARS if you have one that is fairly current/works??

Me thinks too much attention and money is spent on Print ads...and that "word of mouth" from someone you know...trumps the constant flow of multi-colored/subliminal/psychologically approved/Madison avenue generated drivel--in the long run.

@ jean luc picard...  your "just give away your t-shirts...cuz I'm putting my $10 towards a computer...  Give me a shirt with your logo on it and I'll wear it all the time."  comment struck a nerve--and I thought...maybe, you're right!?  How many t-shirts equal a double page ad...AND...which is displayed over the loner period of time (and to whom...)?  A computer user hangs/talks/congregates with other like minds--isn't this "targeted" audience advertising??   The suggestion...give the Tee's away to who ever asks for one...either "free"...or for the cost of mailing... Evil%20Smile

One last (trivial) point... and forgive the nit-pickyness...or wordsmithing...  I'm not keen on  DSO's "Digital Storm Customized Systems" phrasing...  Why? For those unfamiliar with DSO...and there are a LOT..."Customized Systems" might just as easily refer to "seamless gutter systems"  Why not "Digital Storm Customized Computer Systems"  no possible confusion there. 
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 9:30am
@jean luc picard, you make great points specially about advertising.

@Zardoz8719, your point about word of mouth being more creditable than ads is 100% right, but I think the problem is that people don't know about DS to begin with. I think ads will at least let many many know that DS exist to begin with then once they know, they can come here or acquire about it and be impressed with the recommendations DS receives, after a while the ads won't be needed and word of mouth will carry thru.

kinda like a a shuttle, you need lot of power to launch it but pass a certain point you don't need that much power to keep it going.

Edited by DST4ME - 13 Jun 2009 at 9:31am

Quote Zardoz8719 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 10:25am
Originally posted by DST4ME

@jean luc picard, you make great points specially about advertising.

@Zardoz8719, your point about word of mouth being more creditable than ads is 100% right, but I think the problem is that people don't know about DS to begin with. I think ads will at least let many many know that DS exist to begin with then once they know, they can come here or acquire about it and be impressed with the recommendations DS receives, after a while the ads won't be needed and word of mouth will carry thru.

kinda like a a shuttle, you need lot of power to launch it but pass a certain point you don't need that much power to keep it going.

Absolutely.  Wasn't advocating the elimination of ads/advertising...more carving out a piece for different advertising/Tee's etc...  You know, you may be on to something there...not all Tee's need say the same thing...some advertising this forum would direct people to a place where they can look/get more info.  Trying to develop (more) low-cost...ads like Tee's (that people will wear forever--seems a very cost-effective way to go...  Somebody with ad skills (logo's/pic's/snappy phrases etc...) could be invaluable...  Matter of fact, some of the people in this forum could probably come up with some GREAT ideas?? 

Maybe it seems silly/immaterial but, I think another cost conscious effort might be bumper/window stickers.  Speaking for myself...I know when I'm sitting in traffic...or just driving behind someone...I find myself (not intending to...but) reading the things stuck all over their cars/trucks etc...  And, tell me how long does a "bumper sticker" last...for the price  Smile

Like you say...it's frequency...and reaching "critical mass" when the public becomes conscious of a brand.  And, I know, a grassroots...Tee shirt/bumper sticker drive toward "awareness" seems pretty lame/rediculous....but, you realize you have to start somewhere (it's cheap)....and hey, it gets politicians you never knew (before) elected  Angry  If I had the option...I'd put DS logo's on milk cartons too....Big%20smile

P.S.  I'm like a lot of (men) who don't look to ask questions/directions...and would rather search/find for myself.  Same goes for calling up a sales person at a computer company--probably wouldn't unless I already knew what I wanted.  Point is...directing people to this forum/DSO configuration page is a way for (many) to get their feet wet/gain info...not feel intimidated...or pressed to purchased.  Sales rep's may be doing "their job" when they want to "talk" to you...I would just rather be the one to initiate the conversation--that's all.  Hope I didn't lose you with my blithering here...

Edited by Zardoz8719 - 13 Jun 2009 at 10:43am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 10:34am
I don't think the tee shirt/bumper sticker stuff is lame at all, its just that those will take longer to get the level of recognition ads can get, thats all, otherwise they are great low cost way of advertising.

Edited by DST4ME - 13 Jun 2009 at 10:35am

Quote Zardoz8719 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 10:49am

I don't think the tee shirt/bumper sticker stuff is lame at all, its just that those will take longer to get the level of recognition ads can get, thats all, otherwise they are great low cost way of advertising.

Agree again...  I lean toward multiple fronts--different burn rates--shotgun approach...  Watched a movie the other day...and this commander shouts "Fire" and the soldier asks "Fire What"...and the commander responds "EVERYTHING"!  Smile 

Edited by Zardoz8719 - 13 Jun 2009 at 10:52am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Zardoz8719

Agree again...  I lean toward multiple fronts--different burn rates--shotgun approach...  Watched a movie the other day...and this commander shouts "Fire" and the soldier asks "Fire What"...and the commander responds "EVERYTHING"!  Smile 

Sodius View Drop Down

Quote Sodius Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 12:21pm
Bill Me Later would get my sons to buy a new rig. One doesn't have a credit card anymore but does have a Bill Me Later account. If DSO had that as an option well, you know the rest. Ermm
DS Veteran
DS Veteran
Forum Bitch!

Quote Bill the Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 1:32pm

Quote Zardoz8719 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 3:04pm

Another random thought.....

Huuummmm, interesting.  $3 Million is the figure used at the beginning of the article...but, as you dig...you see they break it down to a little over $1M in about the last six months (by Dell's standards "small"...by DSO's ??).  Approve 

They also mention "tweeting 6-10 times a WEEK about coupons/deals...and that many might consider that too low a frequency--??  Personally, I don't want to be bothered...or that constantly-connected to anyone/anything.  I think there's a line between "informing" and "annoying"...too much, even of a good thing can suck too--but, that's my opinion.  Big%20smile  Then too, they mention the idea of incorporating a "payment" schedule to do this...I'm sure there will be something left (profit wise) after they take their cut....and you deduct the money for the extra employee doing your tweeting Wacko

Edited by Zardoz8719 - 13 Jun 2009 at 3:10pm

Quote Zardoz8719 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Sodius

Bill Me Later would get my sons to buy a new rig. One doesn't have a credit card anymore but does have a Bill Me Later account. If DSO had that as an option well, you know the rest. Ermm
My initial reaction to the idea of DSO having their own "credit card" or developing payment plans was less than enthusiastic.  I envisioned increased  layers of paperwork/bureaucracy when, as some have pointed out, there are sooo many other cards out there that you could (already) use--probably with lower rates? 

In retrospect, I (might) have been wrong.  Many of you seem to indicate your acceptance...even preference for one or both.  So, rather than eliminate "options" for those who would choose...and finding terms agreeable...I now see it as a way for many to break up the bill into more easily managed payments. 

Of course, it remains to be seen if DSO wants/can secure acceptable terms/limits/apr's...  If anyone's keeping score--count me in the agreeable box.
workingman View Drop Down

Quote workingman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 4:26pm
what stopped me from buying from digital storm..cause i sure had my heart set on it....was what i percieved as a lack of customer support after the sale...If your rig went bad...good luck and best wishes...maybe im wrong..but at least with dell you can call someone 24 hrs a day..even if they dont speak english and read a script...sure the wait was maybe twenty minutes..but you did finally get some one on your time..not the builders...and now since i have a great rig..maybe i will look you guys up for a purchase..maybe in 5 more yrs..maybe things will have changed by then
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 4:30pm
HI, workingman , did your ever build that LC system you were talking about?

as for customer support, I have to disagree, there are many people on the forum that have gottne great suppport from DS. some of them have posted in this thread.

I do agree tho the phone response can use some help, but they have gotten much better.

Quote workingman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 4:33pm
putting it in this wk end dst4me..will post pics when its done..and im back home
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 4:33pm
cool, what are you using for LC system?

Quote workingman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 4:35pm
all danger den parts...except for the uv light cant adjust the pump speed...but thats ok...not looking to overclock much..really just want to get rid of the fan noise from my 4870x2 vid card
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 4:39pm
gotcha, you doing it ourself? if I may, you don't need a pump to adjust the flow, a DD / Laing DDC-12V 18 Watt Version 3.2 pump will do great, if you are cooling both cpu and gpu on one line go with a dual or triple hw 360 gtx or 240 gtx or Thermochill 120.2 or 120.3.

Edited by DST4ME - 13 Jun 2009 at 4:43pm

Quote workingman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 4:43pm
nope under harleymans guidance..would never attempt it myself..unless its easier than i think it will beSmile
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 4:44pm
good luck

Quote workingman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 4:49pm
using dd/laing ddc 12 v 18 watt version 3.2------ two black ice gtx120 radiators,  two yate loon medium speed fans...fesser fluid...and of course cpu and gpu water blocks..and tubing..should be funOuch
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 5:26pm
well good luck its not that hard, your first time it may seem hard but after that one they will seem easy
inferno23 View Drop Down

Quote inferno23 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Jun 2009 at 11:44am
Originally posted by EdH63

Originally posted by sdelu

Originally posted by Alex

We could have more resources towards just participation in our forums by other DS employees but, we are at the same time trying to ensure we are as efficient with resources as much as possible due to the current economic situation that we are all under.

Obviously, shipping flawless systems in a timely manor is DSO's first priority. Answering tech support phone calls and emails probably ranks second. Just those two activities can make for a full day. However, getting back to your original question, the best and perhaps only way to knock off fence sitters in the forum is to provide access to knowledgeable employees. Maybe you'd have to establish some ground rules, like employees would only address configuration issues and not get into detailed diagnosis and problem solving in the forum.

I'm not sure if that's really the "best" way to get the fence sitters, as you put it. I would think that more people who are sitting on the fence aren't doing so because of lack of access to knowledgeable employees, but rather the availability of alternative options. There are other companies out there that look good on paper (dell, gateway, etc.) that have "gaming systems" for more "accessible" prices.

Show them that DS computers can outperform these big company PCs in any price range and that will get more sales. Of course, that would require finding a way to get the information out there.

But that's getting away from the point of the thread, as that won't get anyone to do anything "now." Honestly, what I said earlier is what would get me closest to getting a DS rig "now," and I really honestly can't think of anything else that would get me to that point.

What kind of answers did you expect, Alex? Just curious if you had an idea of what you would see.

I think what sdelu states about Dell, Gateway and other "box name" companies holds true.  DS needs to get their name out in a mass marketed format.  What is DS' advertising budget?  How much do you spend now getting your name in the places you need to be.  Dell and these other companies are not specializing in boutique gaming rigs, eventhough they are gearing up to look like they actually do, but their name is somewhat synonymous and they are a household name.

Digital Storm is not the household name... yet, but could be more in the face of the consumer depending on how much you're willing to spend in advertising.  Alex, how many partners, if any, own Digital Storm.  Is it an owner partnership, or is it wholly owned by one person?  If you were to pull up 1000 feet, where do you see DS in the market?

If you're going to take business away from the giants, you'll need to be seen as a slayer of giants.  What is DS doing to be seen as a giant slayer in the market that will turn the head of the general consumer, not the gaming consumer?  Maybe DS only wants to be so big in the market and level out at that point... idunno.  However, idle and comfortable in this specific industry can get you buried quickly.

id have to agree that DS has to get their name out more. when i was 1st looking for a cusomized gaming computer i typed it in and DSO came up as the 1st  link
it was a company that no1 knew to much about and wasnt as popular as other companies like falcon, *****, and alienware. and after seing some of the prices i decideid ill pass after palying around on 1 company to the next from higher priced like falcon and ***** gaming to lower priced like dells XPS i looked at the configs you had 2 choose form and what you could add to the system and no1 offered as much customization maybe except cyber power ( but they dont have as much consumer support) at such a decent price. so i started to sit in the forums and low and behold i kenw when i bought my system it was 150% DS. the only thing that really turned me off was the lack of payment options and i will give the other companies do have credit (some even with no intrest for 12 months) or installment plans options. im lesss on the credit card and more with the installment plans and even though DS is a lesser known company and you have to do reserch really to findem. but thats only gonning to add potential FUTURE customers. those of us now are probably 87% of us waiting for prices to go down or saving up money and i think bottom line that to get those of us to purchase now is gonna be some type of money issue and it doesnt help the economy's down the toilet either. so getting more known= future customers, money = todays customers. and that is my testimony laties and gentlemen thats all till next sunday

Edited by inferno23 - 14 Jun 2009 at 11:59am
inferno23 View Drop Down

Quote inferno23 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Jun 2009 at 11:56am
ACtually i had a great idea a long time ago. it was intially to show ppl that their wouldnt be that noticeble diffrence between an AMD vs intel platform in gaming. now i think it's be a greeat way to advertise especially since their prebuilt systems out now. THe idea was to have kinda like an DS conveention where DS invited ppl in their area or maybe their state to come down and play with their systems a bit ( do a little gaming on them) has some higher end and lower end of each platform maybe 4 AMD's and 4 intels and let them play on all 8 systems and tell you guys which was best then later on have another convention where gamers were invited ald have intel systems avilable the 1st and 2nd day then change the systems so they looked exactly the same but were now AMD and not let the user know and see if they noticed iny diffrence in the computer they were using. like i said i was gonna suggest it as an intel vs AMD platform thing but now i think itd give the best of both worlds. give lots of ppl a view of DS you'd definatley make local and statewide news + which would increase sales and customers and at the sam time give valuable reserch information that would loved to be heard by many on this forum and probably many others especially if most said they couldnt tell the diffrence between AMD and intel systems of the same level. but thats just my thoughts what bout every1 eles.

P.S of course DS could make ppl pay to be part of the convention 5$ a person could go a long way if enough participated
inferno23 View Drop Down

Quote inferno23 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Jun 2009 at 12:00pm
question y is my post automatically edited all trying to say the company ***** gaming and its automatically ***** out. i meany y is V-I-G-O-R edited
DS Veteran
DS Veteran
Forum Bitch!

Quote Bill the Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Jun 2009 at 12:56pm
As I've pointed out before:

It really annoys me that this stupid dumb ass word processor won't let you type:

v i g o r o u s l y

It assumes we're racist and illiterate!

Given that any jerk can walk in off the steet, sort of speak, and leave messages here, maybe it's just as well. Still, this one is kind of ridiculous. At least it doesn't substitute "ri***ulous"

Edited by Bill the Cat - 14 Jun 2009 at 12:58pm
inferno23 View Drop Down

Quote inferno23 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Jun 2009 at 1:09pm
amen i was starting to thing v-i-g-o-r was a bad nasty word that little babys on the forum would not here " hear no evil, see no evil, type no evil"
sdelu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote sdelu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Jun 2009 at 1:16pm
maybe they blanked it out so people wouldn't talk about the company for whatever reason. Seems like a somewhat reasonable explanation... i guess?

So it seems pretty unanimous that money is the issue for "right now" potential buyers. Hm...

Edited by sdelu - 14 Jun 2009 at 1:17pm
EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Jun 2009 at 1:22pm
Every website that has an optional forum for the public to register and post has a "bad word" decipher that you can set to see certain words as "inappropriate".  You can add words to the already pre-made list that comes with the site.  If your word looks like one of the pre-determined words in the list, it will read accordingly.  Some sites allow the administrator to create different words to put into place of the "questionable" word.  All in all, it's simply a safety measure put into place to keep the chat decent and respectful. 

POOPY PANTS!!!  It didn't get that, did it? 

Edited by EdH63 - 14 Jun 2009 at 1:25pm
inferno23 View Drop Down

Quote inferno23 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Jun 2009 at 1:26pm
not trying to argue or nothing (- the fact were getting off topic) but what so bad about the word in question i cant think of 2 many ways to use v-i-g-o-r in a bad and inappropiate form
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>