Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Donzi View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Donzi Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Question about Velox Rig
    Posted: 27 Nov 2014 at 1:09pm
Hello DS!

I am a soon to be Velox owner but I have a question about my order #39616.

I was informed that the slim bay cd drive was on back order and or out of stock and was asked about using a regular cd bay drive and I went on and said "OK" in anticipation of getting my computer.

After some thought and reviewing photos online it would appear that by doing this I would be losing one fan on the front of the case and the option to run a 3xRad in the front of the case as I presume one fan has to be removed to fit the regular cd bay drive ? Would this thinking be correct ? If so I would prefer to wait as to maintain the 3xfans on the front and not have the unused slot on the front of the case. Aesthetics and performance are one in the same for me and I would rather hold off and have the aesthetics as well as performance over a speedy build process.

Would it be to late to go with a pre built loaded Bolt 2 Battle Box in black over the Velox as I notice DS now has the pre built option.

Thanks,

Kevin
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Nov 2014 at 4:05pm
Hi Donzi,

Your configurator number doesn't work. Seems that it is too old and doesn't work in the system any more.

I agree with your thinking. I would wait for the slim bay cd drive and not go with a regular drive. I know it is hard to wait but I would prefer to have a Velox over the Bolt. If you want a flexible system with many options for expansion or upgrading, the Velox is a better choice than the Bolt. In my opinion.

Frank
Donzi View Drop Down

Quote Donzi Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Nov 2014 at 5:58pm
FrankW,

I will try contacting them tomorrow about the slim drive as I would much prefer to have that.   I could always order one off the net as they seem to be all over the place out there. The the order number is currently showing it is in the stress testing phase so I guess when I call tomorrow I can learn more.

Thanks,

Kevin
ArkansasWoman777 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Nov 2014 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by FrankW

Hi Donzi,

Your configurator number doesn't work. Seems that it is too old and doesn't work in the system any more.

I agree with your thinking. I would wait for the slim bay cd drive and not go with a regular drive. I know it is hard to wait but I would prefer to have a Velox over the Bolt. If you want a flexible system with many options for expansion or upgrading, the Velox is a better choice than the Bolt. In my opinion.

Frank

that is an order number not a configuration number, which we can't check only DS and the person buying can

Edited by ArkansasWoman777 - 27 Nov 2014 at 6:08pm
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Ordered: 11-27-12
Stage 1: 11-29-12
Stage 2: 12-2-12
Stage 3: 12-2-12
Stage 4: 12-4-12
Stage 5: 12-4-12
Stage 6: 12-10-12
Stage 7: 12-12-12
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Nov 2014 at 4:51am
Thanks ArkansasWoman777,

He did say it was an Order Number. Another old guy mistake.

Frank
 Post Reply Post Reply