FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Problems with sound on new computer

Post Date: 2015-03-10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
zwarrior64 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote zwarrior64 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Problems with sound on new computer
    Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 4:01pm
Got my new computer and the sound is all messed up on it. I'm using the onboard motherboard audio. I have a Gigabyte G1.Sniper Z97 with onboard Creative Sound. The sound goes in and out and the music is real loud and the voices are so muffled in the background cant make them out. also it seems like maybe it not bringing out all the sounds for example playing a game the music is loud the voices are muffleed and the effects like explosions gunfire go in and out sometimes no effects at all. please help thanks. Also was wondering if my old sound card would work with this mobo its a Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Extreme Gamer. It was working fine in old computer was wondering if installing this would help.

Pacesetter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Pacesetter Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 4:23pm
The soundblaster should work fine and may be the easier solution.

For the Creative, which version?

Some of the things you listed may be settings in the creative sound control panel.

Check Creative's website for drivers. A new version or re-installing drivers may help.

Vanquish II Ultimate.
I was laying in bed looking up at the stars and wondered "where is my ceiling?"
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 8:18am
Hi zwarrior64,

Welcome to the Forum and Digital Storm.

Your Sound Blaster may solve the problem but it depends on what is wrong. What do you have for a speaker system or are you using the speakers on a monitor? Your set up may influence the problem. I would check to make sure the computer is set up for on board sound. I would make sure you are plugged into the correct jack on the back of the computer. I don't know if you have more than one jack. I would make sure you are using the right cable and plug to match the jack. Make sure the internal cable from the jack is plugged into the correct jack on the MB. If the cable is in the correct jack on the MB, remove it and reinsert. It may have came loose in shipping.

More than likely the onboard sound is the problem but you need to make sure everything is set up right. The simplest fix is to install your sound card. You might want to call DS technical and let them trouble shoot your problem. Then you can work with them for a solution.    

Edited by FrankW - 11 Mar 2015 at 8:20am

Quote zwarrior64 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 2:40pm
Thanks for the replys! I did double check the connections and the speakers I have are Creative speakers that worked perfect with my last PC. I also opened up the creative audio studio and tried to adjust the settings but nothing I did changed anything. I didn't check the drivers as I figured it was just installed and should be go so when I get a chance I will try that. Can't tell you exactly what Creative onboard it has at the moment cause at work. But if my old audio card will work with this mono then might do that cause I had crystal clear sounds and effects and everything. Thanks again and will get back too us when I try these suggestions.
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 4:59pm
I would check out the cable from the MB to the Jack and make sure you got a good connection at the MB.

Frank

Quote zwarrior64 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 5:48pm
Sorry for late reply had a close friend pass away this weekend didn't get to checking my problem till today. But I feel really retarded cause it came to I had the plug in the wrong jack. The jacks aren't color coded like my old PC and read to use the jack out slot but after searching the motherboard Manuel again it suggested using an other one the was only marked with a headphone pic. Any way switched jacks and booming away though might still put the old sound card in cause still sounds kinda sissy. Any ways thanks again for the help! I do have one more question if any one would care to answer and being new to the forum hope I ain't breaking any rules with a second question but on the Optical drive I push the button and tray slides out but the button folds down with the lid and can't us it to get tray back in. I've heard that pushing the tray back in can be harmful. Any suggestions?
Pacesetter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Pacesetter Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 11:41pm
Glad ya figured out the sound. Personally I do like the soundblaster better than realtec.

for the optical drive - just nudging the tray should have it close and is generally the 2nd recommended method from manufacturers. Just nudge it - don't push hard and you will be fine.

ask all the questions you come up with. we'll make an expert out of you or at least make ya dangerous    lol

Vanquish II Ultimate.
I was laying in bed looking up at the stars and wondered "where is my ceiling?"
 Post Reply Post Reply