FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Problems in certain games

Post Date: 2012-08-15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mrrichway View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mrrichway Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Problems in certain games
    Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 8:27am
Ive recently set up three monitors and love it so far but ive run into an issue. Certain games, crysis 2, bfbc2, and only certain tracks in dirt 3 get really bad slowdown or in the case of crysis 2 and bfbc2 the game runs but when i go to take control with the mouse its near unresponsive. I kno its not a matter of having the settings too high cause ive turned them all the way down and no increase in performance. All the drivers are updated. Could it be the overclocking? Bf3 runs without a hiccup. How do u remove the overclock to see if thats the issue? I have the processor overclocked only, not the cards. Is it easy too restore the overclock once removed? Any help would be greatly apperciated.
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 9:06am
Hi mrrichway,

The OC is saved in the BIOS. If you go into the BIOS and save the Default clocking you will lose the OC. Then if you want it back you can load the OC.

I think you have a killer machine with 3 680s, is that right? There is a chance you have a bad GPU. Then there is the problem of the three screens and if you have them set up right. I think your very best action right now is to call DS and have a tech sort it out with you. Make sure the SLI connection between your GPUs are properly inserted.

Do all of these games play great with high settings on a single monitor? You should be able to play BFBC2 at the highest settings with one GPU and one monitor.

Call DS.

Frank
mrrichway View Drop Down

Quote mrrichway Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 9:19am
Yes, all these games play perfect on 1 screen at 2560x1440, which leads me to believe the gpus are all good and sli bridge is ok. Also, bf3 plays perfectly on 3 screens, which makes me think i have all three screens set up correctly, but who knows. If im having an OC stability issue, Are some tracks on dirt 3 gonna run perfect snd others slow down to a crawl?
mrrichway View Drop Down

Quote mrrichway Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 9:21am
Also yes, its 3 gtx 680s. These games arent even pushing them, if they are, then the water cooling is doing an amazing job cause i havent seen temps above 45c and theyre rated for 90
mrrichway View Drop Down

Quote mrrichway Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 9:59am
the more i mess with it, it seems like the game runs fine until i move the mouse, then it locks up.
mrrichway View Drop Down

Quote mrrichway Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 10:11am
gosh damnit i just fixed my own problem! woot! changed the mouse from 1000mhz to 125mhz and crysis and bfbc2 are working again! what would cause that?
mrrichway View Drop Down

Quote mrrichway Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 10:19am
ok well the dirt 3 problem must be unrelated because it is still slowing down to a crawl on the monaco track. dammit
 Post Reply Post Reply