FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Noise level for Stage 3 FrostBite CPU System?

Post Date: 2008-12-22

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
djb View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote djb Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Noise level for Stage 3 FrostBite CPU System?
    Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 6:03pm

I would just like to know how loud the H20 Stage 3 FrostBite CPU System is compared to some of the quieter air coolers (<20dB) on the market?  My main priority is silence so if the Stage 3 cpu cooling system isn't completely silent, then I'll just opt for the Stage 1 Air Cooler and swap it out myself for a quieter solution.  The config I am looking to purchase will include either a Core2Quad 3.0Ghz+ or one of the i7 cpus, if that makes a difference. I am not a gamer so I will be using a passively-cooled video card, Corsair 550w PSU, WD 10k rpm drive (installed in a SmartDrive enclosure), and quiet <18dB) case fans. 

Oh and is the 750Si case available without the see-thru window on the side?

Thanks!
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 7:48pm
every liquid cooling system is gonna have some sound from their rad's fan and the water moving around, Noise in this case, is a matter of perception, what I think is quiet you probably think is loud.

you should contact DS, send them a ticket and ask them to give you a call, then ask them if the fans can be changed to more quiet ones or maybe they use the fans with least amount of noise already, I think talking to them will give you the best picture.
 Post Reply Post Reply