Post Date: 2014-04-11

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
OMGitsJONNY View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote OMGitsJONNY Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Newbie
    Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 4:53am
Hey guys I'm wondering how you can delivery to Hong Kong, as there were only options for US and Canada shipping when I was trying to check out :/ I have my eye on the Vanquish Level 3, curious if it can play fps' like BF4 well without any frame drop. I'm a newb its my first PC, I have a Mac and a Console now, let the hate begin...
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 5:10am
Hey Jonny...no hate here in these forums.  I'm sure that DS Alex or Nav will be along shortly to discuss shipping to Hong Kong.  I know there was a thread recently with International Shipping mentioned and I believe Alex asked the OP to contact him about shipping charges.

As far as I know there have been threads here (http://www.digitalstormonline.com/forums/vanquish-ii-benchmark-data-tidf22242-kwfvanquish+benchmarks/) that show the Vanquish II level 3 plays BF4 on HIGH settings at 70fps+.

These are great entry level gaming machines.  Take a look around and I hope you enjoy your stay.

Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 5:19am

I found this quote from Alex in another thread that's about a year old.  I'm sure the policy is the same, it's just some names may be changed. 

Originally posted by Alex

Hello! We do ship internationally. Shipments internationally cost at least $200USD+ in shipping costs, if you are ok with that, we're more than happy to help. You can contact our team: [email protected] with the saved configuration ticket # and your full shipping address for details. Big%20Smile

My recommendation is to contact Alex directly at [email protected].

Alex is very helpful and only wants to make this the best buying decision you'll ever make.  And, from I understand, has quite the influence over there at the DS shop.  Hahaha

Quote OMGitsJONNY Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 6:30am
Thanks for the quick reply! Do you think there will be any tweaks made to the Vanquish by Summer? because I'm most probably getting it then :)
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 6:37am
The Vanquish line changes all the time.   DS never gives any advance notice, but as new products launch and the market changes, so do their pre-built systems.

But, they always leave the per-built systems a great deal.  Big%20Smile 

Quote OMGitsJONNY Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 6:40am
btw I have a 2.4 GHz Intel Core Duo MacbookPro, I use this to play League of Legends at a fps of 25... Is this fps low due to my internet connection or a bad processor?

Edited by OMGitsJONNY - 11 Apr 2014 at 6:41am
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 6:45am
For online gaming, the cpu is important.  A 4 core cpu would give much better results than an older dual core.  Plus, the newer cpu's have much faster clock speeds.... 3.2 vs your 2.4 and the 3.2 Turbos to 3.6 with the 4570 chip in the Vanquish lvl 3 and 4.   

This is very game specific.  Some games will use the cores and others, not as much.   Not sure about that game. 

The cpu might not account for all the difference, though.  A gtx 770 in lvl 4 or 760 in lvl 3 would also give very good fps on a typical 1920x1080 monitor.  

Edited by bprat22 - 11 Apr 2014 at 6:48am

Quote OMGitsJONNY Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 6:56am
Thanks very much for the info :)
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 6:59am
Originally posted by OMGitsJONNY

Thanks for the quick reply! Do you think there will be any tweaks made to the Vanquish by Summer? because I'm most probably getting it then :)

The Vanquish line is all pre-built.  If something in their stock is upgraded, they will make the necessary changes. So, as bprat says, the Vanquish II line changes with the times.

If you're buying over the summer, I would start to take a serious look at the machines perhaps a week or two before you plan to pull the trigger on the purchase.

Then you can start to look at FPS issues for the current crop of selective GPU cards.  Heck, the way they've been releasing cards lately the TITAN BLACK may be the new entry card by then.  Hahaha

Quote OMGitsJONNY Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 7:18am
What happened to all the foam packaging :( Worried the system might get bashed up a bit on its journey to Hong Kong... will cost a fortune to send it back and forth if something goes wrong
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 7:37am
Last I heard they put an expanding foam pack inside to brace the video card, etc.   The unit is in a very sturdy container with the pc suspended in a plastic membrane to absorb the jolts.    Damage can happen but most have no issues.  Not sure what they'd suggest for a trip to Hong Kong. 

ArkansasWoman777 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 7:43am
Originally posted by bprat22

Last I heard they put an expanding foam pack inside to brace the video card, etc.   The unit is in a very sturdy container with the pc suspended in a plastic membrane to absorb the jolts.    Damage can happen but most have no issues.  Not sure what they'd suggest for a trip to Hong Kong.   

Some machines end up with the expanding foam pack i believe the higher exotic builds or the ones going out of the country. Mine had something else but whatever it was helped protect the inside from any jolts that probably occurred if it did.
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Ordered: 11-27-12
Stage 1: 11-29-12
Stage 2: 12-2-12
Stage 3: 12-2-12
Stage 4: 12-4-12
Stage 5: 12-4-12
Stage 6: 12-10-12
Stage 7: 12-12-12
fstcvc View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote fstcvc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 8:14am
Mine was shipped using the plastic membrane to support it (had foam inside) and arrive in perfect condition. I'm sure they will pack it well for it to make the journey safely.
HailStorm II
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz
Asus Maximus VI Extreme
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum
3xSLI EVGA SuperClocked GTX TITAN
Samsung 840Pro SSD 256GB+512GB
HydroLux+XSPC CPU/MoBo/GPU Liquid Cooling
Theokritos View Drop Down

Quote Theokritos Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 9:26am
Originally posted by OMGitsJONNY

btw I have a 2.4 GHz Intel Core Duo MacbookPro, I use this to play League of Legends at a fps of 25... Is this fps low due to my internet connection or a bad processor?

I too play with an older, early 2009 MacBook Pro. While my MacBook had great graphics for its day with a 512 MB graphics memory and a dual core CPU, most modern games and some older ones require much more from the hardware for decent FPS.

A fast GPU with 1 GB is common now and 2 GB of graphic card memory will soon be the norm. Quad core CPU are also fairly standard now with only a few games being able to use more cores (example being the X-Plane simulator).

Finally, as much as I love my MacBook Pro, Apple in its business model does not seem to be on the leading edge (or even the trailing edge *cough* BootCamp *cough*) when it comes to keeping current graphics card drivers.

Please note, this is my understanding gained from wrestling with low FPS rates on my beloved MacBook Pro. Others may have a better and more technical explanation for your observed FPS on League of Legends.

Suffice to say, new hardware with the ability to update drivers from the OEM vendors site will keep you gaming with better frame rates for quite some time.

Best wishes and good luck!
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 11:46am
OMGitsJONNY,

Everyone has done a great job in responding. To help answer your question, I'm going to copy the notice we have on the shipping details page during the checkout process:

Digital Storm ships computers and laptops worldwide.

NOTE: The checkout process will not provide you with an accurate shipping cost that includes import duty & taxes, only an estimation of shipping. Our sales team will contact you with accurate shipping costs including import duty & taxes after we have received your order.

For an official quote including shipping and import fees including custom/duty taxes, send inquires to [email protected]. Please be sure to include both your full shipping address and the saved configuration code so that our team can provide you with a quote.

Hope that helps!
 Post Reply Post Reply