New pump/fluid/lights and question

Post Date: 2014-10-07

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kernols View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kernols Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: New pump/fluid/lights and question
    Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 3:27pm
So after 2 years of owning this DS rig, the pump decided to go :( , luckily I bought a spare and had it delivered within a week or so of getting the computer (MCP35x) so all I had to do was grab some fluid and replace the pump. The fluid was off colored slightly..like a champagne color but had zero gunk or particles. I suspect it was the silver kill coil I had inside the reservoir, if anyone could let me know if they think this is why but I read that silver can react to black chrome, the fluid was FluidXP+ EXTreme and I don't even know if i need the silver for this type of fluid, I read on the website people saying their systems have been clean for years with nothing..but not sure. Also if it was the silver maybe i could drop  a few drops of PT nuke inside? or would it not be needed for this type of fluid..its a type of glycerin i guess.
Anyways here is a picture of it all going again (was down for a week) and decided to change the lights from the fugly and dimming cold cathodes that used to be on each side of the reservoir. I went with the Bitfenix aqua led strips..looks much sharper in my opinion.Wish I could of had them stay up without the zip ties BUT the holder snapped on the top right side so it needed at least 1 to hold the tube inplace.
Still rocking my i7 3930k at 4.7 (temps on load sit at 67 load)
gtx 690

ArkansasWoman777 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 4:39pm
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Ordered: 11-27-12
Stage 1: 11-29-12
Stage 2: 12-2-12
Stage 3: 12-2-12
Stage 4: 12-4-12
Stage 5: 12-4-12
Stage 6: 12-10-12
Stage 7: 12-12-12
 Post Reply Post Reply