Post Date: 2010-10-06

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ThePinkGoat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ThePinkGoat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: New computer setup help please
    Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 1:15am
Computer will be used for.

40% Starcraft 2
40% Diablo 3 <--- when it comes out the system requirments are still unknown.
10% Word Processing
10% Web Surfing

Budget $1600 - $2000

I have keyboard, mouse, and LCD TV.

I will not need extra space for, music, movies, maybe in time but at the moment no need.

I'm stuck picking out the right GPU, I just want to be able to play on Full Ultra settings with no FPS lag. 1600mhz ram or 2000mhz? Will I notice a difference playing these 2 games?

I have been told that starcraft 2 is very CPU intensive, if this is true will the basic 4 core work for my needs?

So far the I like the idea of the HAF 932 but I can save a few bucks with the HAF 922.

I hope I have posted in the correct forum. Please advise me, I'm itching to spend my money.
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Online Status: Offline
  Quote !ender_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 9:11am
heres a good base build for your needs and budget:
this is a good build if you want to just keep it simple and below budget. If you want to spice things up a little bit and get some more juice out of it, id suggest:
1) adding a 40gb or 80gb SSD (speeds up any read/writing of the hard drive, which means faster windows, faster applications save/load/opening. Not a ton of impact on gaming, but still some)

2) switch to the 1156 socket and spring for SLI. this will drastically increase your gaming power, but SLI can come with more noise/heat and wont allow room in your budget for a SSD
also if you did this i'd reccomend going up to the 932 case, but this is already a tad over budget, just thought I'd throw some options at you

any game that people talk about being CPU - reliant isnt really going to apply to a DS system. With an average free overclock of around 3.75 GHz, you will be well above the standard expectation for processor power with current games
 Post Reply Post Reply