Neverwinter Nights 2

Post Date: 2007-10-19

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rexxaran View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Rexxaran Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Neverwinter Nights 2
    Posted: 19 Oct 2007 at 1:29am
I'm playing Neverwinter Nights 2 and the Mask of the Betrayer and i gotta say it reminds me of my days with Baldur's Gate 1 and 2. Really forget about the time and to eat playing it. Engrossing story and great music. Gameplay is solid except for the camera that you get used to after playing for a while. Solid game and a solid expansion.
67alecto View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote 67alecto Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Oct 2007 at 10:55am
You know what I wish they would make a follow-up to?  Temple of Elemental Evil.

That game was pretty buggy in places, but there were some Mods out there that really extended the replayability.

I have 0 interest in playing MMORPGs, but I would plunk my money down for another well-done single player RPG.

Closest I came to an MMORPG was Diablo - and only after I found the Justus "anti-cheat" group on battlenet.
Twister Pro
750W PS/Q6600 2.4GHz/680i LT/2GB Corsair 800/9800GTX/X-Fi XtremeGamer/Stage 2 Cooling
Vanquish II
430W Corsair/i3 3.3 GHz/Asus H61M/8Gb DDR3 Corsair Vengeance/650Ti Boost 2Gb
thecomplex View Drop Down

Quote thecomplex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Oct 2007 at 11:44am
I've never played Neverwinter Nights, but the multiplayer aspect of the game seems like what's really interesting. Can one player actually act as a "dungeon master" of sorts and create and play levels and quests that other players explore? Has anyone had experience with it? Is it pretty cool, and easy enough to create?

Chris
Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 @ 3.52GHz
4GB DDR2 Corsair 1066MHz Dominator
(2) 150GB WD Raptor (10K RPM)
(1) 120GB Maxtor (7200RPM)
nVidia GeForce 8800GTX 768MB
Vista Home Premium 64
Stonevulture View Drop Down

Quote Stonevulture Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Oct 2007 at 12:23pm
I haven't played with NWN2,  but in the original NWN, that's exactly how it worked.  You could create "modules" that other players could play through, and you could actually join a game as a dungeon master, taking direct control of monsters/NPCs or causing other things to happen (additional monster spawns, creating items, etc.) as needed.

In NWN1, it was easy to create content, but time-consuming to create enough content to keep to keep players busy.  Recreating your favorite pen-and-paper module with the Aurora toolset could take a long time if it was anything other than a straight-up hack-n-slash dungeon crawl.  If you had lots of dialogue with NPCs or scripted events, then those could be pretty tedious to add and test.
p0ptart View Drop Down

Quote p0ptart Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Oct 2007 at 2:24pm
NWN and NWN2 are great games.  Find a good PW like avlis.org and your good to go.  If your interested in other Single player campaigns try out the http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=LatestAdditions&clusters=modules&days=30&show_days_back=1
tons of premade modules to choose from.  I'd recommend the ones in the hall of fame.
Dashuu View Drop Down

Quote Dashuu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Oct 2007 at 4:56am
I played NWN2 through to mid second chapter with a group of three people once. It's a long game and even though it was only the second chapter, it felt like we had been friends for years. Seriously, those times will stick with me. Like camp. Great game. 
Rexxaran View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Rexxaran Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Oct 2007 at 1:19pm

Yea the multiplayer is pretty solid and fun with a good group of people. Especially working alongside, healing, zapping magic missiles, using potions of the bull on that warrior buddy of yours and having him give you his potion of intellect Tongue

Reza.

Edited by Rexxaran - 20 Oct 2007 at 1:20pm
 Post Reply Post Reply