FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need input on gaming comp

Post Date: 2010-07-25

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
FrigidMaelstrom View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote FrigidMaelstrom Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Need input on gaming comp
    Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 11:25pm
Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - SilverStone Raven One
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7 930 2.8GHz (Quad Core)
Motherboard: EVGA X58 LE Edition SLI (Intel X58 Chipset)
System Memory: 6GB DDR3 1600MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series  (Highly Recommended) (Hand Tested)
Power Supply: 750W Digital Storm Certified (Dual SLI Compatible) (Silent Edition Recommended)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (1.5TB Seagate Barracuda (7200 RPM) (32MB Cache)
Set 1 Raid Options: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: 1x (1.5TB Seagate Barracuda (7200 RPM) (32MB Cache)
Hard Drive Set 3: Backup\Misc.: - No Thanks
Optical Drive 1: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x) (LightScribe Edition)
Optical Drive 2: Blu-Ray Player/DVD Player (Play Blu-Ray and Play DVDs)
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Video Card: 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 1.5GB (Includes PhysX Technology)
Add-on Card: - No Thanks
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Asetek Liquid CPU Cooler HOT SELLER (120mm Radiator) (Great Value)
H20 Tube Color:- Not Applicable, I do not have a FrostChill or Sub-Zero LCS Cooling System Selected
Chassis Airflow: Upgrade Chassis With Zalman Performance Fans (Up to 6 Fans)
Internal Lighting: Internal Chassis Lighting System (UV) (Creates Glowing Effect for H20 Tubes)
Enhancements: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
Boost Processor: FREE: Stage 1: Overclock the processor between 3.3GHz to 3.9GHz (Cooling Upgrade Recommended)
Boost Video Card: FREE: Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability
Boost Memory: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my memory
Boost OS: FREE: Yes, Disable and tweak all of the non-crucial services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-Bit Edition)

most likely going with this monitor:
http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5766719&CatId=3774

This is mostly going to be for gaming/movie watching
Mr. View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mr. Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 12:36am
Whats your budget? if your budget is around your biuld then there is some changes you should do.

1.)Change the psu to corsair for quality
2.change HDD's to 1tb each cause after 1tb they have a higher rate of failing
3 keep the blu ray if you want but if not dont waste the money on it
4for cooling the asetek is just liquid cooling just cause they use liquid, its not a real LCS and so the numbers are far off from the real ones and any of the 2 noctua coolers that DS provides will beat the asetek
4 Zalman fans do help, but not a lot and at a cost, most people think of them as very loud and annoying, i wouldnt do the upgrade if i were to pick
5 You dont need teh OC on your gpu since the 480 runs pretty hot already and its a mild oc so it wouldnt increase your performance that much but if you really want that then its better than getting the superclocked 480
6.I suggest not getting the OS tweak either because if you need a service re enabled you would have to go through DS to re enable them and it doesnt make much of a difference in performance since the machine is so fast anyways
7.I suggest getting the memory fan kit since it would help and it isnt that much money

Thats bout it, you should save a few bux from all that and if you want to you can get a better case but if you like that case, it isnt bad either. I personally love the looks and specs of the raven's and also the FT02(assassin), Im not a HAF guy so yea.
Mr.
 Post Reply Post Reply