FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

need help to choose and some serious questions

Post Date: 2014-08-03

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
liu44 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote liu44 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: need help to choose and some serious questions
    Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 1:50am
I am really new here, English learner.

Budget: $2000

Expectations:playing games such as LOL, COD....      I would like to set highest video performance when I play games.

Usage:5 years

Special Needs:
high temperature normally 20 -30, but higher in summer. I may need 1T storage should enough for me.

Saved Ticket #:

Specifications :
!!!!There are some serious questions:
1. I am living in Australia but I do not know the costs of shipping, taxes etc as I have not got any responses from DS company since I emailed them last week.
2. the average weight of desktop?
3. the charge of paying by VISA??

Anyone knows the costs and how long it takes to ship to Australia???

bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 3:06am
Hi liu44... To help with a build suggestion we'd need to know the resolution of the monitor you'll be using. For a 1920x1080 monitor for example, any of the level 2 systems with a gtx 770 or 780 will play great. The case selection like Apollo, Slade, etc. is more of a personal choice as they all work fine.

A call/email to DS is needed to give you a quote on international shipping. They need the configuration to get the weight. Try [email protected] if you can't get a reply. They are closed on weekends so Monday would be the earliest.

Hope this helps and good luck.
liu44 View Drop Down

Quote liu44 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 5:31am
Originally posted by bprat22

Hi liu44... To help with a build suggestion we'd need to know the resolution of the monitor you'll be using. For a 1920x1080 monitor for example, any of the level 2 systems with a gtx 770 or 780 will play great. The case selection like Apollo, Slade, etc. is more of a personal choice as they all work fine.

A call/email to DS is needed to give you a quote on international shipping. They need the configuration to get the weight. Try [email protected] if you can't get a reply. They are closed on weekends so Monday would be the earliest.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Hi thanks a lot for your reply.
Unfortunately I have not got desktop yet so i do not have monitor.   
I will email the management and see how it is going. Wish I can buy a DS computer. Otherwise I could go for Alienware because they have distributors in Australia.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 6:53am
My pleasure.   Big%20Smile

If you find out the cost let us know on the forums.  It might help others with a similar question.

It has come up before but I can't find the post, but a wild guess from memory is $300-400 for shipping, duties, etc. but that is a guess and the size of the system and where in Australia you are can matter.   
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 11:01am
Hello down under. Welcome to the forums.

Give an email shout to [email protected]... he's the sales guru and should be able to work out the shipping/duty/customs costs.

As for your 'otherwise' system, if you have to do that I wish you the very best of luck. After dealing with their 'tech (non)support' for many years, I'd just rather not have a computer after all, then to deal with them... but that's just me.   
liu44 View Drop Down

Quote liu44 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 8:17am
Originally posted by Snaike

Hello down under. Welcome to the forums.

Give an email shout to [email protected]... he's the sales guru and should be able to work out the shipping/duty/customs costs.

As for your 'otherwise' system, if you have to do that I wish you the very best of luck. After dealing with their 'tech (non)support' for many years, I'd just rather not have a computer after all, then to deal with them... but that's just me.   

Already wrote an email to John, hopefully he could reply my email
. I have not got any responses since I emailed their management and sales so u could image what I feel about their sales team.
But anyway I will wait their responses for another couple days.
Let`s see how it goes.
I guess import tax/duties $300 + shipping costs $300 = $600
which means I have to pay $600 holy !!!
ArkansasWoman777 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 9:41am
Have you checked your Spam inbox to check if their responses didn't land there? If you wrote to them on the weekend they probably wouldn't respond as they aren't open. But i am sure you will get a response soon.

If anything try emailing Alex at [email protected] and he'll get things smoothing along.
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Ordered: 11-27-12
Stage 1: 11-29-12
Stage 2: 12-2-12
Stage 3: 12-2-12
Stage 4: 12-4-12
Stage 5: 12-4-12
Stage 6: 12-10-12
Stage 7: 12-12-12
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 9:56am
@liu44,

Can you forward the email you sent to John? As other have said, my email is [email protected] and I'll be more than happy to look into what happened. Thanks!
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 3:16am
Originally posted by liu44

Already wrote an email to John, hopefully he could reply my email. I have not got any responses since I emailed their management and sales so u could image what I feel about their sales team.
But anyway I will wait their responses for another couple days.
Let`s see how it goes.
I guess import tax/duties $300 + shipping costs $300 = $600
which means I have to pay $600 holy !!!

Hey Liu44, you wrote this at 814 on a Monday morning. Digital Storm is open Monday through Friday from 9-5 PDT. They are not like Amazon or any of the huge online presences as they are not open 24/7.

But, hey, the bright side is now you have Alex involved. Stuff gets done when Alex is around... he's just that good.

Good luck, mate... give them a chance to show you just how good they really are.

Cheers.
 Post Reply Post Reply