FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need advise again

Post Date: 2009-03-09

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
wiacekc View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote wiacekc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Need advise again
    Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 8:11am
this is what i am planning on getting within the next 3-4 weeks. 

256617 is my ticket number.

now that you can see what i was looking at what do you the DS community have to say about it.  My budget is $3000-$3500 more if you can tell me why and how it is worth it.  I have a Samsung T240 so I will be gaming at 19x12, I play everything really FPS, RTS. MMORPGs.  now i have some questions.  would having 2 GTX 285's be worth the price bump over 1 GTX 295?  i know that its 10-15 fps better with the 285 but what is coming out later this year that would drive the price of  the 295 down so that i could pick one up if i wanted to in the future.   would getting the X58 classified mobo when its out be worth it?  what is exactly do they mean with "i will be responisble for my own software based support"?  i have a vist ultimate 64 bit and would not really need to buy theirs but i would like to know what i will be getting myself into.

This is my first high-end gaming computer so any and all comments are welcome.  I also have a limited knowledge of computer(I have learned from here mostly).  I have been looking here for months now so i trust all of you to help me get the best computer that i can. 
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 4:55pm
your build looks fine, the only thing I would change is drop the veloci and and in a month or so when vertex II comes out, get that for your HDD1.

I don't think $300+ is worth the difference between 285 and 295 specially when the fps is over 60fps already.

if they don't' install OS, they can't install drivers for your hardware, making the testing on something not possible.
 Post Reply Post Reply