FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My new Rig/ Add another titan X?

Post Date: 2015-04-16

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
StrikeForce View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote StrikeForce Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: My new Rig/ Add another titan X?
    Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 6:23am
Hey guys my new DS system has just arrived and it is great! Just have a few questions.

Here is the info about the system I am running.

Proc: i7-5930K OC'ed to 4.2Ghz

Ram: 16GB 2666Mhz Corsair Vengeance LPX

PSU: 850w EVGA Super NOVA

GPU: Titan X.

Mobo: ASUS X99 Rampage V

Anyways, I am running this setup on a 4k monitor and so far it has been great, I get an average of 45 FPS on ultra (AA off) in GTA V, which is fine, I don't notice any huge dips etc and it runs like butter.

My question is however, should I get another Titan X? I bought my current Titan X because I have been an SLI user almost since it came out, and that has mostly been a pain in the ass over the years, so I wanted a single GPU.

However, I was very pleased that GTA V supports  SLI on day one.

I am waiting now, like I am sure many of you are for the Witcher 3 to come out, and that is where I feel I'll need another Titan X for max FPS on ultra settings.

My concern however and if any of you can help me, is if I do get another one, will heat be an issue? My case has plenty off room, and I have the A/C constantly on and have it flowing mostly to this room at 55 degrees.

Not sure about getting them liquid cooled since last I read the blocks were in the works and not yet out.

Anyways please give me your thoughts, also if anyone knows if Witcher 3 will support SLI out of the box that would be great to know!

Also, once again Digital Storm you have been great and the 1st system I bought from you guys is still running strong (6 years now)Strong, nothing has failed and I have only upgraded the GPU's! Big%20Smile

Thanks once again!
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 7:22am
Hi StrikeForce....   For 4K gaming, Titan x in sli is definitely not too much and is needed if you want the highest settings and get near or better than 60fps.    Benches I've seen for GTA 5 show fps in the 40's for a single Titan X like you are also seeing, so in sli you'll go above 60fps.

Don't know about Witcher 3. 

If you have good airflow, then sli Titan X should do fine.   Plus with your Rampage 5, I believe you'll be using the 1st and 3rd Pcie x16 red slots.  If so, and double check, you'll have more room between the cards than most for added airflow. 

Hope this helps. Big%20Smile

Quote StrikeForce Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 8:06am
Originally posted by bprat22

Hi StrikeForce....   For 4K gaming, Titan x in sli is definitely not too much and is needed if you want the highest settings and get near or better than 60fps.    Benches I've seen for GTA 5 show fps in the 40's for a single Titan X like you are also seeing, so in sli you'll go above 60fps.

Don't know about Witcher 3. 

If you have good airflow, then sli Titan X should do fine.   Plus with your Rampage 5, I believe you'll be using the 1st and 3rd Pcie x16 red slots.  If so, and double check, you'll have more room between the cards than most for added airflow. 

Hope this helps. Big%20Smile

Hey yes this helps a ton! My air flow is great, now I guess I need to figure out if I need to upgrade my OS and get more ram. I am seeing all kinds of different opinions, 16 Gigs (which is max on win 7 HP) for games ppl are saying is fine. Some say the Titan needs 24 plus, then I hear that's only for Auto CAD or 3D software....Confused Guess we will see...

But I guess in the long run since I think ill get another Titan X, might as well upgrade the ram as well. Wish I had checked into that before getting another version of win 7 HP lol. Oops

Thanks for the fast reply man.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 8:10am
Yeah, there is some confusion on what Ram is needed for the TitanX's much larger Vram.    Unless you actually use anything close to its 12gb vram, I wouldn't think the posted specs are important.  Could be Nvidia being cautious after the gtx 970 3.5/.5 vram issue and the thread of lawsuits.  

Just me speculating.  Big%20Smile

Quote StrikeForce Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 8:34am
Originally posted by bprat22

Yeah, there is some confusion on what Ram is needed for the TitanX's much larger Vram.    Unless you actually use anything close to its 12gb vram, I wouldn't think the posted specs are important.  Could be Nvidia being cautious after the gtx 970 3.5/.5 vram issue and the thread of lawsuits.  

Just me speculating.  Big%20Smile

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised, so I'll wait until it is closer to the Witcher 3 coming out and then get the ram Win7 Pro and the second titan x.

Big%20Smile

Cheers Mate!

Post Reply Post Reply