Post Date: 2011-09-25

Post Reply Post Reply
Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Trench View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Trench Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 12:33am
Thanks.

I'm looking to get a setup like yours but with one 580 GPU, 300GB 320 Series SSD, Corsair CMPSU-AX750 Gold 80 Plus.

I've been at this for two days, trying to figure it, and the photos are a huge help. Just hoping for a little clarification. I guess I should have posted my query in the config discussion with a link to this post.
RiceEatin2000GT View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 12:39am
Originally posted by Trench

Thanks.

I'm looking to get a setup like yours but with one 580 GPU, 300GB 320 Series SSD, Corsair CMPSU-AX750 Gold 80 Plus.

I've been at this for two days, trying to figure it, and the photos are a huge help. Just hoping for a little clarification. I guess I should have posted my query in the config discussion with a link to this post.

the assassin case is a great case and is a beast for air cooling. Some people dont like it because its a tight fight when you build stuff but honestly your not building it so dont worry. DST doesnt liek it because its a bit more money and he just likes coolermaster stuff better and he claims its a few C's cooler. Honestly though i have a older haf 932 system and compared to this case its not even on the same level as far as aesthetics, the haf has a ton of cheap looking plastic on it and its gaudy. The assassin(silverstone ft02) is a very classy case its something you could keep on a desk at an office and its not going to stick out like a sore thumb and be laughed at its just alot classier in my opinion. Either way you go your comparing 2 very good brand of cases not some 40$ case to a either the haf x or the ft02. To answer your questions nothing is of concern, the PSU stays cool, that one fan is meant to blow air through the HD's to keep them cool and it does go out the top.

edit- fan on the left does the HD's fan in the bottom middle is good for the GPU's and the fan to the right blows air up through the noctua and above the noctua theres another fan sucking air up so it all works very well.

Edited by RiceEatin2000GT - 25 Sep 2011 at 12:40am
Trench View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Trench Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 12:58am
Originally posted by RiceEatin2000GT

edit- fan on the left does the HD's fan in the bottom middle is good for the GPU's and the fan to the right blows air up through the noctua and above the noctua theres another fan sucking air up so it all works very well.

The fourth fan -- not on the bottom -- this is the Noctua fan pushing upwards?
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 1:01am

i wasnt counting the noctua. the fourth fan is here. At the top of case right above the noctua(you cant see it really from looking in the window.) This is how the case look with the top part off.

Edited by RiceEatin2000GT - 25 Sep 2011 at 12:00pm
Trench View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Trench Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 1:38am
Looks like two fans! Anyway, thanks -- you went above and beyond.

Gamer is San Diego grateful.
Trench View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Trench Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 2:28am
(I meant *in San Diego)
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Trench

Looks like two fans! Anyway, thanks -- you went above and beyond.

Gamer is San Diego grateful.

one is the power supply fan(thats actually on the power supply)
garethcoker View Drop Down

Quote garethcoker Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 6:48pm
This review has pretty much convinced me to go with the Assassin case based on your comments on looks and noise.

Am holding out for a Thanksgiving sale, but if there isn't one, that's when I'll buy anyway.

Great review, thanks!
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 7:03pm
Hold on tho, you make some claims here that are not true, the reason I like the haf x is for the airflow which is much better then assassin and more room, its not because I like cm stuff, do you see me recommending cm cpu coolers or psus? no, because I am a fan of performance, not cm, and I'm not the only one that like the haf x over the assassin.

also in 932 you got 3 big fans, in 942 you have 4 big fans, 2 on top. at the end the haf x has more room and better airflow period, and I'm not saying that because I like cm, I'm saying that because haf x has more room and better airflow, its very simple, 4 x 200mm fans move more air then 3 x 180mm fans.

to get the assassin with less room and airflow one has to spend extra $200, for what? aesthetics, less room, less airflow.

it is for those reason and those reasons alone why I and many others like the haf x over the assassin, at the end of the day the haf x is a great case I will take more room and better airflow over aesthetics any day, but thats just me.

If I'm gonna spend $200 extra, I would get a real classy case like the lian li or something with proper room and airflow and looks.

the assassin is an ok case if you want to throw $200 at aesthetics but lose airflow and room, its not my cup of tea for that reason, different strokes for different folks, but don't say that I like haf x because I like cm stuff, that is completely false, I like it cause it offers more room and airflow for much less, period, its brand could be whatever.

Edited by DST4ME - 19 Oct 2011 at 7:21pm
garethcoker View Drop Down

Quote garethcoker Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 7:54pm
DST, out of curiosity which Lian-Li case?

My problem with the Coolermaster is simply the aesthetics unfortunately, it would look pretty garish (it's not going into an office, rather a creative studio where everything is pretty slick...)

Now if I was getting a computer for my home room, I would totally go with the HAF.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 8:12pm
Take a look at haf in person then tell me what you think.

keep in mind you gonna pay more, there are lot of lian li cases, I don't have a particular one to recommend, just look their website and see what you like, its gonna be hard to get haf x airflow tho, you will endup paying lot more.
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 2:04am
im not going to even bother posting in response to comparing cases(arguing with dst even when hes not 100% right doesnt get anywhere). Just buy what you want and what you think is best gareth, like i said before its not like were comparing a tin can computer case to a haf-x or a ft02 both are good options and some people will like either more for various reasons.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 3:00am
instead of a indirect comment, why don't you tell us what I said was not correct, does the haf x not have the ability to have four 200mm fans or is it not bigger, cause other then those 2 points I didn't say anything else that I'm not 100% right about.

First you make me sound like I recommend haf x because I like cm stuff and then make it sound like something I said was not correct.

I get it you like the assassin for aesthetics, but at least don't try to make me sound like a cm fanboy or make the assassin more then it is, its a good case but for its performance and room its over priced. thats a fact when you compare it to other cases. if it had better airflow and more room and cost a little less I would have recommend the assassin also, but its not.

Granted some might like it and it might fit their needs best, but for the price one can get better performance for less.

as I said before to each his own, but lets not make things sound more then they are, or make me look like a cm fanboy.

I agree remove teh price and both are good cases tho haf x comes on top for its performance but if haf x is a 9 IMHO assassin is a 7, I would give an 8 if it was not for the price, one being worst and ten being best.

Edited by DST4ME - 20 Oct 2011 at 3:04am
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 12:05am
Originally posted by garethcoker

DST, out of curiosity which Lian-Li case?

My problem with the Coolermaster is simply the aesthetics unfortunately, it would look pretty garish (it's not going into an office, rather a creative studio where everything is pretty slick...)

Now if I was getting a computer for my home room, I would totally go with the HAF.

if you plan on going ft02 just make sure they use a reference cooler design card like i have. The reference design blows most of the hot air outside the case(the top of the ft02) people who try and use those fancy aftermarket coolers or coolers like the gtx 570HD usually have pretty bad heat issues because alot more of the hot air gets blown back into the case.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12