FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Modding Single Player Games on the 360...

Post Date: 2010-09-02

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Memento Mori View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Memento Mori Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Modding Single Player Games on the 360...
    Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 11:21pm
Did anyone have any success Modding or Hex-editing xbox360 games (single player) like Red Dead Redemption, ME2, Metro2033, JC2, Oblivion/Fallout3 etc... using an Xbox360 Slim w/ a USB stick, or do the Profiles come up as corrupt for you guys as well?

etc...

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/9387/67457547.png
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/903/76575675.png
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/3360/67867867867.png

Wondering if you guys had any luck or do I still need to use the Transfer kit with the 'old' xbox360? :\

Edited by Memento Mori - 02 Sep 2010 at 11:22pm
It was all a dream...
McStrav View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote McStrav Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 7:43am
lol I didn't even know you could do that I'm definetly interested to hear your progress though

Quote Memento Mori Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 5:15pm
Well it's suppose to work quite simple and straight forward actually as the two programs that I know of and use, already have that function build in (without the need to even use Xport 360 or xbox memory cards)

btw... Modio and PE3 have that function build into them but I have no idea if Le-Fluffie or Horizon360 or Eclipse will have it any time soon. Well actually... Eclipse might have it before Horizon will, I think, because Horizon been down for a while and I never used Valhalla thou especially after the main coder/admin ("Unknown v2") left the site. 

But who knows maybe it's just my USB Flash Stick that I use, they said something about not supporting EVERY type of USB Flash device or something and I got one of those 32gb sticks.
I still got my old xbox360 with the Memory-Card-Slot so I'm still golden for a little bit until it gets fried lol
It was all a dream...
McStrav View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote McStrav Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 7:15pm
With the 32gb stick I think you can only format up to 16gb for use on the 360 I don't know if it's the PC "storage" part that might be giving you issues, but then again if you can put the unaltered save games back on your 360 I don't know what could be the issue

Quote Memento Mori Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 9:43pm
Oh interesting, damn I completely forgot about the 16gb limitation. :\

Maybe that's why it doesn't work.
On a separate note, it works just fine as usual with transfers and Resigning and going Online (syncing/Live) and all..... but only with my "Xbox 512mb Memory Unit" & "Transfer Kit" (from Nyko I think) which is the default hardware Kit for Soft-Modding pretty much.

Ah crap it cost me a lot on amazon, that freaking USB stick. Oops

EDIT: Oh wait no, I misunderstood you, I'm talking about successfully transferring "modded" gamesaves and Profiles back to my HDD on the 360, it's a completely different scinerio 'cause those programs have to Re-Hash and Re-Sign the xbox Profiles and/or  Game-Saves first and then Insert them correctly back onto the USB/MU cards. (internal file structure and all needs to be preserved, or else it would show up as a corrupt file)

But it's fairly simple if you have a Program that automates it all; like Horizon or Modio or something. Like on youtube there are tuts for example, on how to get your GOW2 rank modded to 100 just for fun and there is a Hex Editor that edits like Single Player Data and it's equivalent to a PC's "Trainer" gives you different abilities and god mode, unlimited ammo, super weapons etc... Depending on the game of course! That types of things, basically pure fun, plus I barely have any time to play games anymore now-a-days so it speeds up the games' playthroughs for me. \Smile/

And NO, I don't do it Online like some other people 'cause I know better NOT to ruin anyone's experiences, duh, that would suck for everyone in the end. ^_^

Edited by Memento Mori - 03 Sep 2010 at 9:44pm
It was all a dream...
ablahblah View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ablahblah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 12:24am
ehehe, speaking of usb sticks, I present to you, the world's most ridiculously awesome flash drive...

128gb on a flash stick. how that's even possible, i don't know.

R4D4RPR00F
Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz
Asus Sabertooth X58
EVGA GTX 570
Mushkin 6GB 1414Mhz
Dragoonseal View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Dragoonseal Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 12:42am
Huh, under what rock have you been hiding? They have 256GB USB 3.0 flash drives that are like 10 times faster than that.

They're basically just compact SSDs. That's all flash drives are after all, sticks of NAND memory. SSDs for the most part are just many NAND chips with a fast controller that runs them all in parallel.
Lilim
Intel Core i7 920 @4.2GHz
HAF 932 - Dual SLI Nvidia GTX 480s
3x Intel X25-M G2 (80GB) SSD RAID0
R.I.P. Sinbad the cat (November 16, 1996 - April 18, 2011)
ablahblah View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ablahblah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 9:05pm
flash stick or flash drive? if it's flash stick, then wow, i have been hiding under a rock...
R4D4RPR00F
Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz
Asus Sabertooth X58
EVGA GTX 570
Mushkin 6GB 1414Mhz
 Post Reply Post Reply