Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sarah View Drop Down
Hardcore Gamer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: LoTRO
    Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 2:41pm
So as of today LoTRo is now free to play. Anyone going to check it out? I did their 10 day trial awhile back and I loved the graphics, the gameplay was very interesting to me, and it seemed like the overall community feel was really good.

I hope that doesn't change with folks jumping in for the free play.
Sarah
If you have sales questions, please contact craig@digitalstormonline.com

Warpig View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Warpig Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 3:04pm
I tried it a year or so ago, I didn't care for it at the time but I have played EQ-1 and EQ-2 a combined 10 years so I can't see past that world and the mechanics I am used to. I have several game friends who jumped to LOTRO a couple of years ago and they love it, I can't get them to leave.
aCi11i3s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aCi11i3s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 11:16am
Lotro is a great game, but I fell off shortly after.  Brandywine server has a great community, and I met some great folks in the Community of Light guild.  The game just has too much lore, and not enough epic content for me.  Raids are fun and fast, but feel less heroic compared to my first Vistrix run, or my first Ulduar run.  Just needs a grandar scale with the raids, instances, and pvp.  I'm not knocking the game tho.  It is definitely in my top 5 mmo's that are currently out.  It just will not pull me from Azeroth again.  Good luck and happy hunting.
Invader Mig View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Invader Mig Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 5:18am
It definitely has the best community of any MMO that I've ever played, and the PvE aspect of the game is pretty damn good. There is some pretty sick grinds in that game that though I could have overlooked, if there was any real PvP to speak of. The lack of PvP is what really killed it for me, but it is still a good game. I love my RK, even though I never got him to max level. The class itself is just one of the most interesting things I've ever played in an MMO. Just wish there was some real PvP in that game.

Brandywine FTW.

Edited by Invader Mig - 22 Sep 2010 at 5:20am
 Post Reply Post Reply