Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jingping View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jingping Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Lost Odyssey
    Posted: 27 Jun 2008 at 2:37pm
Don't waste your money.  Although it does a good job (mostly) of removing the RPG 'grind', from a story perspective, it blows.  The storyline is flat, uninteresting, and not particularly well put together; the characters and events are quite cliche, and to put it bluntly, I had no emotional attachment to either the characters, the story, or the events which transpired in the game.  The only story aspects which even had remote impact on me were some of the text-based 'memories'; unfortunate that the incredible quality of those 'memories' could not be duplicated in the quality of the overall storyline.

4 disks and some length, but not much else; and personally speaking, I think load times are half the length.  Even the loading screens have loading screens (I sh*t you not).

Bottom line?  Buy at your own peril.

Edited by Jingping - 27 Jun 2008 at 2:39pm
Dom1111 View Drop Down

Quote Dom1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jul 2008 at 11:33pm
Jingping, I agree with your description.  Another aspect of this game that I particularly didn't care for was the combat sequences.  The game would just cut to the same scene of your character and the others that were in your party readying their weapons and mumbling some crazy line of the day....It seemed very repetitive and boring.  I guess I got tired of seeing the same thing over and over.  Four discs of the same old every one take turns hitting each other with weapons or spells.Dead  Another dud console game.  I would recommend renting this title before buying.
MikeMaravani View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote MikeMaravani Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Aug 2008 at 2:04pm
I bought the game a month ago. OMG a waste of $60!  ...I wonder if anyone will buy it on e-bay?
Jeremiah.L View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Jeremiah.L Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2008 at 9:08am
Ouch.... you all are awfully harsh on it :(

Yes, the loading times were lame as all get out, but I loved the combat system in it.

I'm a junkie for turn based combat, and I particularly loved the fact that you just can't "Button mash the attack button and win". Each fight you get into takes a different strategy, and that alone kept the game fresh for me. Plus I liked turning my immortals into god-like beings of destruction (Auto HP / Mana regen per turn / absorb all elements / chance of damage healing you instead / very high auto blocking / frequent counter attacks , the list goes on).

The story was alright, nothing too special in that regard (except Jansen, that guy is just funny as hell) , but the 1000 years of memories were just incredible. I bought it the day it came out, and have never regretted spending the money on it.
BooTs View Drop Down

Quote BooTs Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2008 at 8:51am
I bought this game at release...And i think its great! I Dont agree about the price of the game tho... I am a fan of turn-based rpgs like final fantasy type.. always have been. I agree about the loading and repetativeness but it was'nt really all that bad? great story if you actually take the time too listen or read and understand the full aspect. But yea if your not a hard-core rpger then rent it first...Star
Jeremiah.L View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Jeremiah.L Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 9:39am
What was truly offensive about Lost Odyssey was the horrendous packaging it came in. Japan got this super sweet DVD tray that held each disc in it's own page, but USA gets three discs stacked on top of eachother, and a fourth IN A PAPER SLEEVE?!
 Post Reply Post Reply