Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Fishy View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Fishy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Looking for a good laptop
    Posted: 01 Jul 2012 at 11:36am
1) Budget: About $2000 + or - $100?

2) Expectations: Um, maybe to be able to connect to an HD TV?, Also I don't want applications to take forever to load, It should also be quiet but that is not much of a priority.

3) Usage: Mostly, I want to be able to play high-end games (for about 3 or 4 years after the purchase) Also I need to use this computer for school work and be able to surf quickly.

4) Questions: I am debating whether or not to get the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M 2GB or the AMD Radeon HD 7970M 2GB. Should I just pick up the 675 and wait for the future to upgrade my graphics card in hopes of better ones? Would there be much of a difference between these two graphics cards in terms of graphics? Also, I want to know if the hard drive would make much of a difference in playing games, I am thinking about the 750GB Hybrid 7200RPM with 8GB SSD vs the Intel 120GB SSD (520 Series). I have like 4 TB of back up harddrives to store stuff. Also is the 16Gb memory too much memory? I want to cut costs so I figure here is where I should do it.... Also I want to know if I could extend my warranty after the purchase date. Sorry for so many questions I am not that technically savvy.

Here are the specifications so far:
Ticket Number: 703910 Total Price with Instant Savings: $2,092.00

Specifications:

Chassis Model: Digital Storm x15E Laptop (Model: 9150) Display: 15.6 Inch (16:9) (Resolution: 1920 x 1080) (Glossy Surface) LED-Backlit Display

Processor: Intel Core i7 3720QM (2.6 GHz Turbo Mode to 3.6Ghz) (Quad Core) (6MB Cache) <b></b>

Thermal Compound: Premium IC Diamond CPU and GPU Thermal Compound (Reduces Thermal & Laptop Noise) <b></b>

Memory: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz <b></b>

Primary Hard Drive: 750GB Hybrid 7200RPM with 8GB SSD (SATA 3Gb/s) <b></b>

Secondary Hard Drive: - Not Available

Optical Drive: DVD/CD 8x Multi-Drive (Writes and Reads DVDs, CDs)

Wireless Card: Intel Ultimate-N 6300 Wireless LAN Module
<b></b>

Video Card(s): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M 2GB with NVIDIA Optimus Technology <b></b>

Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-Bit Edition)

Warranty Plan: Life-time Expert Customer Care with 4 Year Limited Warranty <b></b>

Post Reply Post Reply