FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Like the ODE 4 but...

Post Date: 2012-02-24

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Faded Design View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Faded Design Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Like the ODE 4 but...
    Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 1:18am
....can't stand the case. Looks like something you'd see in a 60's apartment. Remember those white bubble chairs?

Also, I don't need all that Vram as I am disabled and can't sit at a desk for very long. So I game on a 65" bravia flat screen from the couch. I'd love an Ifinity setup, but just can't do it.

So I was going to go with the ODE 3.. but I'd like to step up to the x79 platform. I do some After effects/3DMax work from time to time and would like to step up to the new 6 cores for rendering. 

My system is running out of steam with some of these new games, running Xfire 5770s, 965 BE Deneb 4ghz, 8 gigs of G-skill 1600 on a M4A79T Deluxe. About 3 years old now. :(

I was going to do one myself, but I just don't want to put up with dealing with bad parts, troubleshooting, RMA's and stuff again. I never seem to get a good part out of Newegg without sending it back twice first. 

Typical gaming day for me is a few hours of Wow raiding, some Skyrim a little Crysis or Starcraft II pvp. Maybe some Call of duity or Driver 4. Will be playing Diablo 3 and Guild wars 2 when they come out. Probably be checking out Blizzards Titan in 2014.

My budget is around $6,000 But I'd rather not spend that much of course. :)
Comp will be sitting in a high traffic area, probably a little more dust then normal.

I put this together, like if ODE lvl 3 and 4 had a baby.....Git'r dun. LOL

I don't think there's too much bloat there. If there is, feel free to point it out. Not sure if I need the Rampage board. But I thought it better not to pinch pennys in that area.

Wish I could get the 64 gigs of ram. 100% ram preview's would be awsome. But I can't see spending that kind of money to ram preview in 100% res rather then 50%.

Anyway, if someone could have a look at that and let me know if I did anything stupid that'd be great before I hit the buy button.

Thanks for your time.
:)
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 3:21am
Hi Faded Design...welcome.   That's a real nice system you put together.  I would make a couple of suggestions.

The case you picked does not have the air flow we normally like to see.  There are no top fans, unless DS mounts the H100 there.  I'm not sure.  The fans you see in the pic are for liquid cooled systems, and the H100 is not a true lc system so we stll look for a great air cooled case. A much better case is the HafX, the best for cooling your system.   But, I understand aesthetics so your call as always.

The mobo is a very individual thing.  Normally the Deluxe is all you need and cheaper, unless you see a feature on that mobo you need.  Compare features at their website and decide.

Drop the video boost.  Overclocking the gpu is a bad idea.  Nothing to gain and more stress on it.

The H100 is a good pick.  We normally like A70, D14 but DS needs the H100 to keep things cool with that chipsets overclock to stage 2 and multiple gpu's.

The gtx 570 1.2 is great.  The 2.5 Gb version is good for higher resolution gaming but not sure with your setup.  I don't game on a tv, so others might have better info on what is needed. 

The 1050Hx is great for sli gpu's.  We would recommend the 1200W if you needed the 3 gpu this x79 can handle but, again, for your needs I think your good but can't be 100%..

Keep in mind the 570 is a year old and new cards are coming out in April, supposedly, to give longer longevity but we reallydon'y know when , how much or performance.  The 570"s should keep you happy for some tims.

Other than some concern on your case choice, which will work just not as good as it could be , your build looks real good. 

Don't forget your free t-shirtBig%20Smile

Hope this helps.  Wait a bit for others to comment on the tv.  Good Luck Big%20SmileBig%20Smile

Quote Faded Design Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 6:59am
Hey bprat, thanks for geting back with me on that so quickly.

I went over what you said and I asked myself 5 questions:

Do I want the HAF sitting in my man cave? Not really. Like you said, aesthetics.

Do I need the extra rendering power? Not really. I render while I sleep anyway.

Would I rather have a kick a** gaming rig? Yup.

Does LC look cool? Yup.

Is the wife gona kill me when she sees the bill no matter what I get? Probably.

So have a gander at this one and let me know what you think.

Is that the right board to get?

I'm not sure what the difference between the P67 and the Z68 chip sets are, even after reading the spec's.

Might need to make a note that I'll need 3 fan controller's and 2 fan kits. I'd like them to do push-pull with all the rads. Or would they be able to just splice in 3 fans per knob?

Bumped it up to 580's to future proof it a little bit. I didn't wan't to spend a grand to liquid cool 570's. But maybe that's not needed? When I looked up the spec's on toms hardware they were talking about the 570's being oc'd to meet or even beat the 580's? Not sure what I should do here.

Are the water blocks universal? As in, if the 6xx's come out and they are OMG AWSOME and I need to get some, can I just swap them out without needing to redo the cooling setup?

Does DS send you the parts from the GPU's so you can put them back together and sell them if you do upgrade in the future?

What's the fan in the picture inbetween the drive bays? Is that something extra that's needed that I'm not finding on the config page?

My birthday is the 17'th of march. This is going to be a b-day present for myself. But maybe I could wait till april for the 6xx's and make it a late b-day present. Argh I dunno!  Frustrated 

Edit:
Here's a c&p of the tv spec's if that helps at all.
Model number: KDL-65HX729 Sony Bravia LED HX729 Internet TV

3D Features

• 2D to 3D Conversion : Yes
  • 3D : Yes
  • 3D Sync Transmitter Integrated : Yes
  • Simulated 3D : Yes

Display

• Aspect Ratio : 16:9
  • Display Resolution : Full HD 1080p
  • Panel Frequency : 240Hz
  • Screen Size (measured diagonally) : 65" Class (64.5”)
  • Viewing Angle (Right/Left) : 178 (89/89)
  • Viewing Angle (Up/Down) : 178 (89/89)

Edited by Faded Design - 24 Feb 2012 at 7:05am
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 7:27am
That's quite a change Big%20Smile

Let's see if I can answer some of your questions. 

The Extreme mobo is if you want stage 3 oc.  I personally think the Deluxe mobo at stage 2 oc is good.  Beyond stage 2 I'm not really up on.  Stage 3 is good if they keep the vcore, voltage on cpu cores, in check.

Drop the 2133Mhz ram to 1600 Mhz.  You'll never see the difference.  It won't hurt but...

I don't do fan controllers..I like the case fans to do their thing, cooloff the case.  It does look sharp, but I never thought they were all that practicle.

The 580's are lots more $$$ for little bump in gaming.  They are better but not worth it to me.  Others will disagree. 

We never recomment oc'ing gpu.  Too much stress on the card.

The 1200W ps is only needed if you go tri-sli gpu, 3 gpu's.

The memory fan kit looks cool, but not needed for function. 

The water blocks I am not sure of.  Without the card specs it's an unknown to me.

The fan in the picture between the drive cages is included, and it's intent it to cool the drive bays seperate.

I don't know if they send you the parts after lc hookup.  They do normally send extras but lc, ??

You remembered the free t-shirt  Awesome

I think that covered it. Have FunBig%20SmileBig%20Smile

Edited by bprat22 - 24 Feb 2012 at 7:30am
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 7:35am
It just occured to me that you dropped the X79 platform.  That is what you want for rendering, etc.  The 6 core cpu and quad channel memory is made for that. 

Maybe in oversight on youur latest build???

Edited by bprat22 - 24 Feb 2012 at 7:36am

Quote Faded Design Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 7:46am
Originally posted by bprat22

That's quite a change Big%20Smile

Go big or go home, right?

Besides looking spiffy, I wanted the controller so I could turn the fans down if I was watching a movie or something. Nothing kills a screening of Road House like VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR in your right ear.

I'll have to check with them on how far they can push it without cooking an egg on it.
I'm not an overclocker of any sorts. I'm more of a "Set to performance profile in bios", and call it a day kinda guy. So I'm not too sure what you mean by vcore, volts and something else that looked like spanish. Confused

Will drop the ram. I just figured with the OC I picked the faster ram would be less of a bottle neck I guess?

Will go back to the 1050.

Mem fan I thought would look cool sitin in there with all the other blue things and stuffs. 35 bucks, why not.

Yes, T-shirt. Awesome

Back to the drawing board.

Quote Faded Design Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 7:47am

It just occured to me that you dropped the X79 platform.  That is what you want for rendering, etc.  The 6 core cpu and quad channel memory is made for that. 

Maybe in oversight on youur latest build???

Um, no. I did that to off set the cooler price. I can continue to render stuff on my old comp. (I'm giving it to the wife) So I can just take it over if I need to do something.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 7:50am
When vcore is mentioned, the vcore is the voltage they apply to cpu as part of the overclocking adfjustment.    Too high, like over 1.4, and it lowers cpu life.  Cooking an egg is a good example LOL

You have a nice config  JUST read one post up where I saw no X79 platform as in the first build. 

It's certainly gonna look cool and play awesome.

We're posting  at the same time...Forum Tag Big%20Smile Got ya on the platform change.Big%20Smile

Edited by bprat22 - 24 Feb 2012 at 7:52am

Quote Faded Design Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 8:00am
Heh. I got nothing better to do at the moment then drool over shiny stuff.

First I'm like Excited then I'm like Drooling But then I see the price and I'm like Wow But then I try and work out something like it for less and I end up like Crazy and Upset. So I need to come to the forum and Cry. But I feel better after. So ... Awesome
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 8:03am
LOL

Quote Faded Design Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 8:06am
Emoticons are fun.

How's this lookin.

And only 300 more then I was going to spend to start with.

Edited by Faded Design - 24 Feb 2012 at 8:07am
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 8:17am
Looks great...

Just to be clear Big%20Smile  You don't really need lc, memory fan kit, fan controllers and chassis airflow with led fans from a strictly performance and $$ stand point.

For aesthetics, and go for it by all means, it will look awesome and play awesome. 

The i7-2600k and sli 570's will max things out for some time.  The psu gives you room to grow.

Remember the 3 year warranty is 1 year parts.  I don't do warranty upgrades ever, except computers.   

Quote Faded Design Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 8:31am

Looks great...

Just to be clear Big%20Smile  You don't really need lc, memory fan kit, fan controllers and chassis airflow with led fans from a strictly performance and $$ stand point.

Spanish again.  Cool

Naw, I know. But Meh. If I can get as good or better gaming performance this way for around the same price, and look the way I want in the case I want.....

Besides. I keep runnin into these posts on Toms hardware about how you dont need x79 unless your going tri-sli and spanish and more spanish with some french in there I think.

So If I'm gona do a gaming rig, I'm gona do a gaming rig.

Edited by Faded Design - 24 Feb 2012 at 8:37am
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 8:43am
I agree 100%.   We're so used to dealing with only the performance end of it that we forget that sometimes a great gaming rig can also look awesome.  

Go for it.  Nothing wrong with a computer that looks as good as it plays. 

I'd love to see pics if you get it. 

Quote Faded Design Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 9:21am
You made me think of something a few posts back.

Let's say I get the 6 year warranty. Let's say I leave a note to just crank the chip as high as the cooling will allow. Let's say that they do.
Let's say in 3.5 years the chip dies. What happens? Will they replace it? Or will they say, well cause you got a 5.2ghz overclock, that's outside of our warranty.

Or let's say this happens.

Let's say I'm playing Halo 3. Let's say I just got my a** handed to me and let's say because of that, I throw the mouse in frustration.

Let's say the shelf above the computer had a soda can siting on it. Let's say that soda can was half full.

Let's say that soda can that we said was half full was knocked over, spilling gooey cola all up inside the case and shorts everything out. What would happen then?

Edit: Not that I ever play halo, get my a** handed to me, or throw mice in frustration.

Edited by Faded Design - 24 Feb 2012 at 9:22am
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 9:44am
LOL  If you spill a soda all over the computer..you pay.

If DS overclocks the cpu and you never mess with it, they cover it.  DS tries to overclock to as high as they can but keep it stable and safe, so that wouldn't happen.

Keep drinks away from the computerLOLLOL 

Quote Faded Design Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 10:05am

Keep drinks away from the computerLOLLOL 

Chilling

Quote Faded Design Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 11:15am
Hey thanks for all the help Bprat. I'll be trollin around for a few days till the tax return gets here so I'll see ya around maybe. This is gona be the final revision I beleve.

If there are any DS people trollin the forums out there. If you could find out what they do with the removed GPU parts I'd like to know.

I also have some questions about the stage 6 kit. Like the fittings, are they the metal fittings like in the photos or the cheep plastic ones?

There's no mention of fans in the kit, are they extra?

I called earlier and everyone seemed really busy and they took my number cause whoever answered the phone didn't know. Waiting for a call back.

Gona go find me some breakfast.

Edited by Faded Design - 24 Feb 2012 at 1:27pm

Quote Faded Design Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 2:08pm
Called me back pretty quick. Maybe 10 minutes. The guy was really nice and seemed to know what he was talking about. Answers were instant. Not even a "um..".

+1 for customer service.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 2:12pm
Nice     What did he say of fittings and gpu parts?    Curious for future reference.   

Quote Faded Design Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 2:21pm
Metal fittings. Fans come with the kit/case, 9 fans total. The controller will run 3 fans per knob the 240 mm rad is for the cpu and come with a push pull setup. the 360 mm rad is for the gpu's and is a single fan setup.......I forgot to ask about the gpu parts... crap.

Oops

Edited by Faded Design - 24 Feb 2012 at 2:23pm
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 2:23pm
Thanks.
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 5:17am
Hi Faded Design,

The fans that DS use, I guess they still do, are noisy compared to some others. You need to request DS to use xspc rx series rads with Scythe Gentle Typhoon fans for stage 6 LC. These rads and fans work great together with good volume and low noise. Some forum members have said DS won't use the Gently Typhone fans any more but I would request them to special order them. Go to some of the OC forums and read about the Gently Typhoon fans. They are tops for performance vs noise. You have got to use the right Rads with the Gently Typhoon fans.

Maybe Alex can tell us why DS has stopped using the Gentle Typhoon fans and xspc rx rads.

Frank
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 9:16am
We do use and stock XSPC radiators however we do not normally stock the Gentle Typhoon fans.

The fans we use are considered noisy due to them being high RPM fans. The noise that is heard is the air turbulence from the blades. While certain fans have different designs to reduce it as much as possible, you're still going to get a noisy fan if it's pushing a lot of air.

One way to combat that is to use a fan controller, or reduce the speeds on our fans [we offer this with the noise suppression package], or we can use slower spinning fans such as the Gentle Typhoon.
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 9:32am
Hi Alex,

Thanks for your response. So if I understand your statement we can still special order Gently Typhoon fans and the XSPC RX rads? The RX rads should be used with the Typhoon fans. A couple of forum members have said the fans were not available. They may have misunderstood what the sales person was stating.

You are correct that you can reduce the fan speed to reduce noise. The problem is when you reduce fan speed you also reduce cooling along with the noise level. That doesn't seem desirable to me.   

Frank

Edited by FrankW - 25 Feb 2012 at 9:33am
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 2:44pm
Frank,

Yes, we should be able to special order them, we may not stock the parts, but, a customer should be able to special request them if they are willing to pay the special order fees.

You can only go so far to reduce noise and maximize air-flow. One advantage the Gentle Typhoons have is that they can produce more pressure at low RPMs to effectively push the air through the fins. It helps, but, the cost of doing this is rather high and the benefits in cooling aren't that big which is one of the reasons why we don't offer it as a standard. Nevertheless, it's a great combo and we can definitely do it. Higher end builds do go for this.

Quote Faded Design Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 3:19pm
Well... let me ask this question then. The room I game in is just a 10x12 bedroom.

The tv heats it up in here like crazy. It's not uncommon to see 80f - 85f in here while gaming, even with the door open. And since I'm down at the end of the hall, sometimes it takes a while before the ac to kick on. So it'll get warm in here in the summer time.

I don't even run the heat to this room cause it's never needed even in the dead of winter. It's 30f outside, haven't opened the heater vent in here all day, and it's 77f in this room.

What would be better for summer time cooling? The DS ones or the Typhoons?

Edited by Faded Design - 25 Feb 2012 at 3:20pm
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 3:36pm

For performance, the Zalman ones will be better since they push more air, however, what's going to be more important in your case is a very effective cooling scheme. You want to go with a system that doesn't run hot. The ODE 3 is a great system.

Quote Faded Design Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 3:50pm
An Ode 3 will run cooler then the Sub zero stage 6 water cooling in a Hailstorm case?

Edited by Faded Design - 25 Feb 2012 at 3:50pm
jmaster299 View Drop Down

Quote jmaster299 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 3:57pm
The other issue is if you have hot room temps no amount of fans will make any difference. Fans move air, they do not make the air any cooler. A fan blowing on you may feel cool but the air it's moving is the same temp.

Fans help cool your PC because they are removing the hot air and replacing it with the cooler air from the room. If the room is hot those fans will be pulling hot air into the system and will not effectively keep the system temps down.

What you need to do is look into using some fans, as in real ones not computer ones, to ventilate your room. My bedroom in my apartment is small, smaller then yours in fact, so much like you I never have to open a vent to heat my room up. I actually go a step further and physically block off the air duct to my room in the winter to prevent any warm air from getting in.

But do to the heat from my electronics I find I have to keep a fan in my window even in the winter time. It may be cold outside but unless I pull that cold air into my room the room will heat up. It's even better if you can pull cool air in and expel the hot air out like keeping your door open but most gamers game with their doors closed.

So your room is just like your rig. Blowing air around inside of it will do nothing for the temperature unless you are introducing cool air into it. Blowing the same hot air around won't accomplish anything.

For the summer time if you have AC that does not work right look into getting a better thermostat. That will not only help keep you more comfortable but it will save on your energy bill too. Beyond that you may have to look into playing with your door open during the summer months and do what you can to ventilate the hot air out.

That may require moving your system closer to your door to it can expel it's hot air out into the hall instead of back into your room. I live in Vegas and there are some days where it's so hot the AC just isn't enough. So for the reason I will wedge my door open a crack and find a way to create a high pressure zone in my room. Typically that involves opening a window someplace else in the apartment so it draws air from out of my room.

Bottom line, if you do more to control your room temps you will have better system temps.

Quote Faded Design Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 4:18pm
I've actually been thinking of geting a window unit for this room. I can't have the central air running all the time, the wife would end up freezing in the living room. Might go look for something while it's still cold and before the prices go back up.

Edited by Faded Design - 25 Feb 2012 at 4:18pm
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by Faded Design

I've actually been thinking of geting a window unit for this room. I can't have the central air running all the time, the wife would end up freezing in the living room. Might go look for something while it's still cold and before the prices go back up.

This is precisely what I did for exactly the same reasons Big%20Smile
jmaster299 View Drop Down

Quote jmaster299 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 4:39pm
That's not a bad idea. I wish I could get one for myself but every apartment in Las Vegas has these stupid and really tall windows that open sideways. They make window units for side opening windows but they are expensive and it would still leave a ton of space I'd have to block off to seal it up correctly.

The thing with window units though is they have very poor drainage systems and will get water built up inside them easily if you run it all day long. By design they are actually intended to be installed with the unit almost tipping backwards out the window so the water drains.

You're supposed to either build a rear support or buy a mounting support so it does not fall out but almost no one does that. Especially people who are not on the ground floor. It would not hurt to looking into getting it professionally installed to keep it running correctly.

Quote Faded Design Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 5:47am
Would the ODE 3 be fine running the 3 screen setup by samsung? I think it's um .... Sec. I wrote it down somewhere......, Samsung MD230X3.

As much as I want a nice water cooled thing, I was instructed by the very beautifull, kind, loving, radian..... ok she left the room.

The old lady said no. She said if I spend that much on a computer she's gona have her avon partys in the man cave from now on.

Then she started talkin about how I spend too much time on the comp already and something about me not listening to her or something..... I dunno I wasn't really paying attention.

But she got really pissed when I said I was puting 5k of my tax return into a computer. She wouldn't even look at it so I could show her how cool it was. Cry

So I gota come up with something else, little less then 5k. If I need the vram of the 7970's I'll grab the 4, if not I'll work with the 3.

...haven't told her I'm dropping 1500 bucks on the screens yet.

That'll be fun.

bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 6:48am
Hi Faded Design... I'm not up on multi screen setups but I would think to max out gaming on that 3 screen setup the ODE 4 would be needed.  Another option for about the same cost and with 3 x 570 2.5GB cards would be this.....

Config # 659777   Cost $3421

Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Cooler Master 942 HAF X
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7 3820 3.6GHz (Turbo Mode up to 3.8GHz) (Quad Core)
Motherboard: ASUS P9X79 DELUXE (Intel X79 Chipset) (Features USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s)
System Memory: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series (Highly Recommended) (Hand Tested)
Power Supply: 1200W Corsair Pro Gold Series (CMPSU-1200AX) (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (120GB Solid State (By: Corsair) (Model: Force GT Series CSSD-F120GBGT-BK) (SATA 6Gbps)
Set 1 Raid Options: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: 1x (500GB Seagate Barracuda (7200 RPM) (16MB Cache)
Hard Drive Set 3: Backup\Misc.: - No Thanks
Optical Drive 1: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x)
Optical Drive 2: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Video Card: 3x SLI Triple (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 2.5GB (Includes PhysX) (EVGA 025-P3-1579-BR)
Add-on Card: - No Thanks
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Corsair H100 Liquid CPU Cooler (240mm Radiator) (Extreme-Performance Edition)
H20 Tube Color:- Not Applicable, I do not have a FrostChill or Sub-Zero LCS Cooling System Selected
Chassis Airflow: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: - No Thanks
Enhancements: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: - No Thanks
Boost Processor: Stage 2: Overclock CPU 4.5GHz to 4.8GHz (Requires Pro or Deluxe Series Motherboard)
Boost Video Card: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Boost Memory: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my memory
Boost OS: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: Windows Recovery Toolkit (Bundled with Windows 7 CD)
Virus Protection: - No Thanks
Office: - No Thanks
Game: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
External Storage: - No Thanks
Exclusive T-Shirt: FREE: Digital Storm T-Shirt - Black (Large)
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 5-15 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Customer Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty

The 3 gtx 5702.5GB cards would outperform the cf 7970 by a little bit, plus you have the option if money is tight, to go with just 2 and add another later. 

I dropped the cpu from the i7-3930 to the i7-3820 to save over $300.  The 3820 is a quad core vs 3930 6 core processor.  I believe you said rendering could be done on another pc, so a 6 core here would not be needed. 

Check it out, run it past her and see what shakes out. Big%20Smile

Post Reply Post Reply