Is Zotac A sh*tty Company?

Post Date: 2014-12-14

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
eldente View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote eldente Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Is Zotac A sh*tty Company?
    Posted: 14 Dec 2014 at 10:05pm
Do they make sh*tty cards or what? I wish I could have chose to have an evga card, when buying my aventum. But I only ask this because. I've noticed the card has started to sh*t out some artifacts after playing for awhile. The temps are mad low also. And I didn't select to have the card OC. Maybe the card is already OC'ed from them, I just lowered the mhz to a stock speed. And hopefully that stops it.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 3:07am
Hope that does it.   EVGA cards also fail and initially their ACX 2.0 coolers had lots of people complaining. I've always thought a video card was the luck of the draw.   

Good luck.

Edited by bprat22 - 15 Dec 2014 at 3:08am
Ariktu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Ariktu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 3:46am
If you bought your system recently and your video card is giving you issues I would not downclock it but call DS and see about having it replaced.
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 7:03am
I'd second the notion that I think video cards are generally a crapshoot. There are a few, really fringe examples of companies that just consistently deliver bad products, but by and large if you look you'll find one complaint for one company for each complaint you find for another company. That being said, customer service is not created equal. Big%20Smile
eldente View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote eldente Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 9:21am
Yea it's unfortunate that I might have to go the route of replacing a card. I've never had a card sh*t out on me. And the one time i spend made bank on a pre built lol I get issues...muahahah hmmm
Meller View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Meller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 7:11pm
I don't buy Zotac. They are a cheap, crappy company. Their GPU's reflect it.

The ACX 2.0 had a whine issue on only the GTX 970's, but the whine issue didn't actually effect performance. It's not really a luck of the draw. Brand name is just that. You get what you buy. MSI is ok. Gigabyte is ok. EVGA and ASUS are superb. The odd's of getting bad hardware, bad bins, bad etc... is completely reflective off the brand you buy.

The odds of me buying a bad EVGA card compared to buying a bad Zotac card is drastically different. Zotac, offers louder cards, with weaker cooling, weaker binned gpu's... etc.

If you got a zotac card, I'm sorry. Lesson to be learned is, try and get an ASUS or EVGA as a replacement. Even if it does cost a little extra, it's worth it.
Custom PC
Ryzen 9 5950X
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme
128GB DDR4 3600mhz
EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Samsung 980 Pro 512GB m.2
Samsung 960 PRO 2TB m.2 x2
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 3:30pm
We use a ton of GPU brands, from EVGA, MSI, ASUS, Zotac, PNY, etc... so we have a good idea of how the actual cards perform in terms of stability/performance/reliability.

All video cards are usually made by one single company in ASIA, and then companies like EVGA, ASUS, ZOTAC, etc... add their branding and provide support/warranty for the product. The exception here is if it's a special edition graphics card, like an EVGA ACX with a custom PCB or an ASUS Direct CU card for example.

Don't forget, we stress-test and benchmark all video cards before units leave our facility. That includes tests for checking for artifacts as well.

A large portion of all GPUs in the generic range which are a large portion of our builds show the same consistent results, they are all basically the same. Some brands use different coolers, but they all should be quiet and do a decent job in cooling your card.

We have ASUS cards that can be loud or Zotac cards that can be loud, etc... It's really not the brand of the company that makes the difference.

If you are having an issue with your cards, please do contact us, we'll be more than happy to help, as your warranty/support is directly with us, and most of all, you're our customer and we want to make sure you are enjoying your system!

I'm sure others have their own personal experiences with various brands and recommend/prefer other models/brands. In the end, if you do prefer a specific brand or card, we do offer those options on the configurator.
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Dec 2014 at 7:22pm
i personally wouldn't buy from Zotac. where there's smoke there's fire and i hear far more complaints about their cards, whether reference or custom, than i do from the likes of EVGA, ASUS, Gigabyte or MSI. 

i also wouldn't buy a reference card from anyone.  i prefer the better quality and performance of custom cards.  you pay a little more, but you get better (usually) boards with better components.  they usually have better warranties on them as well. 
 Post Reply Post Reply