FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is my computer overclocked?

Post Date: 2012-05-10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bashtor View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bashtor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Is my computer overclocked?
    Posted: 10 May 2012 at 5:44pm
Hey there. Got my DS ODE V2 Lvl 4 computer and have it booted up. I'll try and post a semi-review as I get into it more, but the first impression (at least of it running) is good. On that note, everything I look at says my CPU is running at 3.5 GHz (including in CPU-Z), but I've been told it was overclocked to 4.5 GHz. Am I simply not looking at the right spot or did my overclocked settings get wiped? I don't want to bother calling until I know it's not just me not knowing what I'm doing. This is my first OC'd computer in over 10 years, so I'm really rusty on all that. Thanks.

bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 May 2012 at 5:53am
Hi Bashtor...Congrats on your new rigBig%20Smile

For overclocking to kick in you need to stress it.  With cpu-z running, run a game or go into Windows Experience Index, (Start, Computer, System Properties) and click on it in  blue font.

With cpu-z running you'll see in the lower left the oc'ing bump up to about 4500Mhz..

Good LuckBig%20Smile
Bashtor View Drop Down

Quote Bashtor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 May 2012 at 3:05pm
Thanks bpratt. It was completely me being the moron this time . I was looking at it as it was idle and, of course, the core speed wasn't the least bit taxed then .   I put in a ticket to DS and they called me today and put me straight. Everything is good to go. Thanks for the assist.

Once I run it through the paces, I'll post some kind of review. Only problem I had was shipping related, thus far. DS needs to use more tape. The one strip of tape along the bottom had come almost completely off, and mine only traveled 70 miles up the road. I'd hate to see it travel cross country. I'd blame FEDEX, but once I took the tape off, it wasn't even sticky anymore. They didn't abuse it anymore than any other box, but enough on that subject right now. Otherwise, this thing is doing great. Thanks for the advice and help, once again. I don't regret the purchase so far.   
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 May 2012 at 4:38pm
We learn by doing.   Enjoy.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 May 2012 at 6:12pm

Glad to hear that you're happy with the PC. Make sure you post pics!

Post Reply Post Reply