FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is Level 1 Enough?

Post Date: 2012-05-14

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TotalKiRaRoth View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TotalKiRaRoth Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Is Level 1 Enough?
    Posted: 14 May 2012 at 1:22am
I have decided that, for my first major gaming pc, I will stick with the level 1 Marauder and worry about upgrades at a later date.

FYI: People have told me to worry about upgrading now, and buy the level 2. Thing is, I am insanely tight on cash, and at the present time, the level 1 is what I can afford. It seems to be maliable when it comes to future tweaking, so I'm good with it.

The thing is that I have been a major WoW and Starcraft 2 player for about a year now, and up until the damn hard drive blew, my Toshiba Satellite (which had Radeon 4200 integrated graphics) has been my outlet for both. I had to lower the settings a fair amount, but otherwise I was satisfied.

I heard from some that the hardware on the Lvl 1 can handle WoW on ultra, and other places seem to not know at all about Starcraft 2. So I will ask here: Does anyone know whether the Lvl 1 Marauder setup handle WoW and Starcraft 2 on ultra at, say, 1280 by 720 720p res, at a smooth framerate with my Asus 18.5 inch LCD monitor, or will I still be forced to lower the settings?

Again, I am not interested in upgrading higher than this due to the fact I do NOT have the money. I know people here simply want you to upgrade, but I simply can't. So please refrain from telling me to do something I simply can't do. I am sticking with the Lvl 1.

Thanks a million.
Asangard View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Asangard Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 May 2012 at 7:27am
Hi TotalKiRaRoth and welcome to the forums.  I completely understand budgets and lets see if we can help you out.  1st Here is a link to a review page showing the performance of the HD 7750 vs WOW.  http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7770-7750-benchmark,3135-10.html
In this review the lowest resolution tested was 1680 x 1050 and at untra settings without AA and 8xAA it can in at 37.44 FPS and 63.40 FPS respectively.  Since your resolution is lower than this your performance will be greater.

Here is a link to a review page showing the performance of the HD 7750 vs Starcraft 2.  http://www.anandtech.com/show/5541/amd-radeon-hd-7750-radeon-hd-7770-ghz-edition-review/18
Again the lowest resolution tested was 1680 x 1050.  At Ultra Settings the HD 7750's performance was 61.7 FPS.  Once again you should see better performance because of your lower resolution.

As long as you have a good internet connection the HD 7750 should handle both of these game quite well.

I hope this helps and keep us posted.

Edited by Asangard - 14 May 2012 at 5:38pm
All evil comes from within,
Not from Without,
Therefore, the 1st step on the Holy Warrior path,
Is to recognize thyself as thy 1st enemy.

TotalKiRaRoth View Drop Down

Quote TotalKiRaRoth Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 May 2012 at 3:10pm
Fantastic. With the lowered res, I should handle Ultra no problem. If not, I won't have to lower the settings by much to make it work. Thanks alot Asangard, this really helps alot.

Will place the order this week and will keep posts to when I get my rig. Thanks again.
Asangard View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Asangard Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 May 2012 at 5:36pm
Glad to help.  Keep us posted.  We love to see pics when you get your rig.
All evil comes from within,
Not from Without,
Therefore, the 1st step on the Holy Warrior path,
Is to recognize thyself as thy 1st enemy.

Post Reply Post Reply