FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

i5-3570k Performance Aid?

Post Date: 2012-12-19

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TotalKiRaRoth View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TotalKiRaRoth Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: i5-3570k Performance Aid?
    Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 10:20pm
I bought my Digital Storm Marauder Lvl 3 back in July, and since receiving it, I have swapped out the Radeon HD 7850 for a GTX 660 TI, and added another Corsair Vengeance 4 GB RAM chip, NOTHING ELSE. With all additions, it has run like a dream.....til I started noticing things. I noticed my i5-3570k running hotter than normal. I figured this was because I still have not swapped out the stock CPU heatsink. So I went to Newegg and ordered a Cooler Master Evo 212, just to be on the safe side.
After placing the order, I did some tests with my processor. I opened Speedfan and then ran my favorite game at the moment, Blacklight Retribution (also the game I was playing when I noticed my heat issue). Upon launching the game, my CPU usage shoot straight up to 100%, and my Core temps immidiently go red. My CPU temps seem to stay stable, and my GPU is as well. Concerns abounds guys.

Also I launched wPrime, and ran 32m and came back with 10.341 sec. I have noticed from other tests I have seen that this is high.

I haven't noticed any performance issues to speak of.

I have not run the Prime95 test DS suggests yet, but I wanted to post this in case others can give me a word of advice. If I am being a hypo, please tell me. But if I should be concerned, let me know. I basically want to know if this is normal or is my processor going out on me already. Because if so, I need to ship my rig to DS and have my CPU replaced ASAP. Thanks
TotalKiRaRoth View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TotalKiRaRoth Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 11:40pm
Nevermind you guys, its no biggy, I was IN FACT being a hypo. Someone, I had read, had a similar scare than I did, and after running P95 and posting results, found out he was more than stable, and his temps were higher than mine. When I receive my CM 212 Evo, I am more than confident things will better. No problems here. Sorry :P
 Post Reply Post Reply