FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help on a voltage issue

Post Date: 2015-03-13

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
KGEliminator View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote KGEliminator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Help on a voltage issue
    Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 10:35am
Hello there friends,

So my computer sensor AI suite II has recently been displaying warnings to me such as the one that is displayed as I'm writing this that reads: "+3.3V voltage is 2.856 V" and similar numbers like that.

Also very rarely recently the a warning message for the +VDDA voltage came up, but only briefly and only about twice in the past week that this has been happening.

I assume that this is a PSU issue, but I figured I would hop onto the almighty forums and ask about it.

Just for reference, I have a Corsair CX600 PSU in my setup.

Any and all feedback is appreciated! Hahaha

Quote KGEliminator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 10:37am
I must also note that my computer has restarted today after clicking a link while simply browsing the internet, which seemed very odd to me, since this has never happened before.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 10:59am
Hi KGEliminator....  Does look like a bad psu, with the logic voltage dropping too low.  That'll cause crashes and restarts.

I would open the side panel, unplugged from wall, and reseat the 24 pin and 4 - 8 pin connectors from the psu to the mobo.  The top connector above the cpu can be a 4 pin or 6 pin, etc.   Hopefully just a bad connection but my guess is a bad supply.

Just to be sure, plug the psu directly into the wall outlet, bypassing any surge protector or UPS.  

You'll need to call DS to confirm it and have them send you a replacement if that's it.

Good Luck and let us know. Big%20Smile 

michaeljhuman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote michaeljhuman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 12:27pm
I am not an electronics engineer, but voltage regulation on a 3.3 V supply would be considered terrible with that sort of swing. In other words, I think that's an unacceptable drop in voltage and could lead to problems, but I am guessing

"The other day, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. What an elephant was doing in my pajamas, I will never know"
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 2:48pm
Looks like your power supply is starting to give out.

Quote KGEliminator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 8:30pm
Hello friends,

So I tried reseating the connectors from the psu to the motherboard and it seemed to work for a little while today, but an hour or two ago the warning started popping up again about low 3.3v voltage.

So, I suppose I need a new PSU then. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations? Like I stated in my original post, I have a corsair CX600 psu.

Should I get the same PSU again? Or try buying a new one? Do I need to look out for a certain type?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 2:51am
Depends how much you want to spend.   My cx600 died a few months ago after 3.5 years of heavy use. Amazon had the cx600m for $55 so I grabbed it.   It's now $85, just checked, which is nuts.   For that you can get the Corsair cx750, EVGA, etc.   

Stick with a name like Corsair, EVGA, Silverstone, Seasonic and you're good. Bronze vs silver vs gold is all about quality and efficiency.

The cx600 is entry, builders grade supposedly vs 750 hx but it worked for me and the price was right.
 Post Reply Post Reply