FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help on a vanquish level 1-2 and setup questions

Post Date: 2014-03-11

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Joebasqueo View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Joebasqueo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Help on a vanquish level 1-2 and setup questions
    Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 9:47pm
Budget:
$850

Expectations:
Simple, "entry level" gaming on a 32" quasar TV I will use as a monitor.

Usage:
Eve online and possibly League of legends

Special Needs:
The ability to function on a 32" TV, as I am new to gaming I'm not even sure this will work .

Specifications:
I've looked at many computers, but I've set my sights on the vanquish line. I was thinking I would buy the level two, as it is the best pc I can buy within my budget. I was mainly wondering if this would work on a Quasar 32" TV on WiFi from a modem in the basement of our house. Another thing I was wondering is if I would be ready to play with a mouse and keyboard, vanquish as it ships, and hdmi cable and TV, help would be very much appreciated (I apologize in advance if there are grammar mistakes or if it is just gemraly hard to understand, as this is my first post and was typed off of a surface pro with a cracked screen).
danjw1 View Drop Down

Quote danjw1 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 1:51am
I am not sure what you intend to do over WiFi. That said the Vanquish doesn't have WiFi built in. You would need to get either an internal (which you would have to install) or USB WiFi device.

If you are looking to connect the computer to the display via WiFi, that would depend on the adapter. From what I have seen in reviews of wireless display connectivity, lag is bad enough that it can cause significant issues with gaming.

The Vanquish doesn't not ship with a mouse or keyboard.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 3:55am
Originally posted by danjw1

The Vanquish doesn't not ship with a mouse or keyboard.

danjw is correct.  But if you look under "Accessories and Goodies" you'll find the Mouse and Keyboard available for purchase.  As a matter of fact, you can get the Logitech Keyboard AND Mouse package for an additional $24, iirc.

Just a couple of lines above the free T-shirt, which is mandatory.  Big%20Smile

Also, from my understanding, the WiFi dongles can be purchased just about anywhere and are fairly inexpensive.  Just plug and play.  The ones I have played with suffered no lag or delay.  At least none that was noticeable by me... but then again, I don't play FPS shooter / twitch games.

Hope that little bit helps.  Cheers.

Edited by Snaike - 12 Mar 2014 at 3:57am
Joebasqueo View Drop Down

Quote Joebasqueo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 6:14am
Thankyou for the quick help! I will be using the hdmi cable to connect my pc, and I will buy the $24 mouse and keyboard combo from the goodies and a usb WiFi connector either online or at a local store.
 Post Reply Post Reply