FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GeForce Experience 1.8: Shadowplay Update & More!

Post Date: 2013-12-02

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Nav View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Employee

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nav Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: GeForce Experience 1.8: Shadowplay Update & More!
    Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 6:20pm
GeForce Experience 1.8: Introducing Adjustable Optimal Playable Settings & Significant ShadowPlay Updates

"Since its release this January, GeForce Experience has optimized millions of gamers’ systems, giving them optimal game settings, the latest drivers and profiles, access to SHIELD game streaming, and with the release of GeForce Experience 1.7 last month, the ability to automatically capture gameplay footage with a minimal performance impact through the integrated ShadowPlay application.

Today, we are releasing GeForce Experience 1.8, which includes game-changing Optimal Playable Setting functionality, and a number of ShadowPlay updates that make the innovative, critically-lauded gameplay recorder even better at capturing your favorite action-packed moments.

Introducing Adjustable Optimal Playable Settings

The core of GeForce Experience is its Optimal Playable Settings function, which recommends ideal combinations of settings customized for each system, giving gamers the perfect balance between image quality and performance.

At launch, GeForce Experience offered an easy one-click solution to often-complicated game configuration. It was a major innovation for gamers unsure of what to change to improve performance and fidelity, and for gamers intimidated by dozens of acronym-laced settings. For them, consoles were more appealing – a simple plug and play solution. With GeForce Experience, we brought those gamers back into a world of high-definition, super-high fidelity gaming. Over time, it was clear from user feedback that while all loved the idea of GeForce Experience, some preferred to have a super-smooth 60 frames per second experience, while others preferred 30 frames per second with superior image quality.

Today, with the release of GeForce Experience 1.8, users can now open a new in-app panel that enables customization of our one-click Optimal Playable Settings. Resolutions up to 3840x2160 can be applied, Fullscreen, Windowed and Borderless Windowed modes can be selected, and optimal settings altered with the movement of a slider, enabling users to choose between default Optimal settings and those that favor image quality over performance, or vice versa.."

Source: NVIDIA
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 6:41pm
Do you use GeForce Experience Nav? I remember when it first came out a lot of people where complaining that it was creating some wonky settings. I'm curious if its improved since then. 
Nav View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Employee

Quote Nav Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 10:55pm
I personally use the Shadowplay and Gamestream functions which work great.

I've always manually adjusted settings myself so I've never bothered with the GeForce auto-settings.
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 10:29am
Gotcha, I'll have to check it out. Smile
ScottishBattleAx View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote ScottishBattleAx Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 11:43am
I don't use Shadowplay (yet), but when it first came out a big complaint I heard was it didn't record your own mic audio. Does anyone know if they've improved the audio functions/amount of channels it records?
HAF X // i7-4770K @ 4.2GHZ // Win 8.1 Pro // ASUS Z87-Expert // EVGA GTX 780 Ti Superclocked ACX // 16GB 1866 RAM // 256GB SSD // 2TB + 4TB HDD // Recon3D 5.1 Sound
Meller View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Meller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 12:23pm
I need it to hide my mouse cursor.... How am I suppose to make epic wow video's now -_-
ScottishBattleAx View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote ScottishBattleAx Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Dec 2013 at 7:09am
I recorded a few games using Shadowplay. Randomly, a few of the recordings playback at double speed when played back in Windows media player. Tried playing back on several machines and get the same problem.
Looks like an issue with the actual mp4 file itself.
When I say plays back at double speed, I mean the duration/time counter actually moves twice as fast. What could cause this?
HAF X // i7-4770K @ 4.2GHZ // Win 8.1 Pro // ASUS Z87-Expert // EVGA GTX 780 Ti Superclocked ACX // 16GB 1866 RAM // 256GB SSD // 2TB + 4TB HDD // Recon3D 5.1 Sound
 Post Reply Post Reply