Post Date: 2011-09-02

Post Reply Post Reply
Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
RiceEatin2000GT View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 4:16am
Originally posted by Cerebros

Cool I'll give manual a go again. I am going to see if I can keep this offset profile and save a new manual one to the 2nd slot.Thank you again for your help tonight Rice. They really should pay you guys since we have been at this now for 3 hours.

its my pleasure, i know how it feels to have something not quite right with a computer so i try and help out as much as i can.

As always if you need more help just post away.
Cerebros View Drop Down

Quote Cerebros Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 4:30am
So I am finally staying within 1.33 and 1.34 under load. So how much voltage would you recommend going up by after each test?
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 12:37pm

So I am finally staying within 1.33 and 1.34 under load. So how much voltage would you recommend going up by after each test?

this is the settings your seeing like 1.37 or so when its not 100% full load in offset?

If you've passed 20 runs of linx and are happy with the clock speed there is no reason to add more voltage. If anything you would want to keep removing voltage to find the lowest possible v-core you can run at without bsod'ing. Honestly if your happy i wouldn't keep removing voltage those settings are more than fine.

edit- unless you wanted to try the 4.7 ghz overclock then just put in the voltages and make the changes we discussed earlier in the thread(offset or manual)

Edited by RiceEatin2000GT - 02 Sep 2011 at 12:58pm
Cerebros View Drop Down

Quote Cerebros Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 4:09pm
Well I ended up going manual like you put up I didn't like the jumps that offset had. I started at 1.35 voltage for 4.5. I tried to get my voltage as close to 1.39 which meant turning up my voltage to 1.390 I think is what it is at now. I crashed at 1.395 so I put it back to 1.390. Is that to high of voltage for where it is set now?

I also tried to do a 4.7 GHz on a separate profile but it BSOD at 1.375 after about 2 minutes of LinX so I have gone back to trying to tweak the 4.5 GHz profile.

Right now my idle runs 1.384 - 1.392 and under load it downclocks to 1.36-1.37. I haven't been able to get my load Vcore any higher due to voltage being to high at idle. I am going to be running a 20 pass test on the 1.390 voltage I have now and see if it crashes at all I just ran out of time last night.

Edited by Cerebros - 02 Sep 2011 at 4:13pm
Cerebros View Drop Down

Quote Cerebros Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 5:16pm
So my system locked up after running Linx for a half hour at 1.390. What is weird is my voltage is highlighted in red until I drop the voltage down to 1.270 which it is now yellow. Is there something else in bios I should have on or off that is making it so I can't have much voltage?
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 5:58pm

it locked at 1.39 at what multi and offset or manaul?(i think i know)

Make sure your changing the load line to very high if your in manual and regular in offset.

Also some chips have a wall they cant pass and its very hard to get them stable.

I would try this manual voltage of 1.375 in manual mode load line of very high and a multiplier of 45.(bases on your last post you already have it at 1.39, i think)

As far as typing in the value just type it in and hit enter it should work fine.

Edited by RiceEatin2000GT - 02 Sep 2011 at 6:08pm
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 7:13pm

its worth a check, what are your values set to below dram voltage, they all should be auto.

if all these are on auto(beside ram voltage)

If in fact you were at 1.39 at 4.5ghz and load line was set on very high i would start dialing back your multi until you find something thats stable. 44 the 43 etc. You also could try 4.5 at 1.4 v core but thats the highest i would go.
Cerebros View Drop Down

Quote Cerebros Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 7:18pm
I had it set at 1.39 manual at 45 and it locked up at the half hour mark. The load line is set to ultra high which is what I guess is very high. I wonder about the highlighted voltage though in red when I set it higher then 1.27. It is purple until 1.29 and then it highlights in red so it makes me think it is acting like I am setting it to high and just crashes.

I have set my voltage to 1.375 in manual at 45 we will see how it turns out. But even so as I am in my 6th pass my voltages read minimum of 1.35 and max of 1.37
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 7:27pm
thats perfect if you can be stable at 4.5ghz at 1.375 i would leave it and be happy =)
Cerebros View Drop Down

Quote Cerebros Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 7:34pm
I'll check on the bios options you posted as soon as these 20 passes finish. One thing though why would it be highlighting my voltage in red. I would have thought red = bad because when DS sent me my system they had it set for a 4.7 oc at 1.45 manual I want to say and it wasn't red before I switched it too offset the first time talking to the tech.
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 7:35pm

I'll check on the bios options you posted as soon as these 20 passes finish. One thing though why would it be highlighting my voltage in red. I would have thought red = bad because when DS sent me my system they had it set for a 4.7 oc at 1.45 manual I want to say and it wasn't red before I switched it too offset the first time talking to the tech.

i wouldnt worry about it to be honest as long as its at the voltage you set even if the v-core box is red its still better then running at 1.45v.
Cerebros View Drop Down

Quote Cerebros Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 8:15pm
So it just finished the 20 passes with no errors at the 1.375. The voltage went from 1.35-1.38 over the whole course of the test. Looks like it is pretty stable where it is but I am going to for sure check what you mention a few posts ago.
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 8:18pm

So it just finished the 20 passes with no errors at the 1.375. The voltage went from 1.35-1.38 over the whole course of the test. Looks like it is pretty stable where it is but I am going to for sure check what you mention a few posts ago.

very good, best part is your never ever going to put this much stress on the cpu gaming so if it can take 20 passes of linx and be stable the odds of you having issues are super low.
Cerebros View Drop Down

Quote Cerebros Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 8:44pm
So I had to head out for a bit. I looked at my values three of them had values set not auto which were: Vccsa voltage, Vccio voltage, and CPU Pll voltage. I will double check on those when I get home but I think those had values set rest were on auto
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 10:09pm

So I had to head out for a bit. I looked at my values three of them had values set not auto which were: Vccsa voltage, Vccio voltage, and CPU Pll voltage. I will double check on those when I get home but I think those had values set rest were on auto

Cerebros View Drop Down

Quote Cerebros Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Sep 2011 at 1:35am
Alright so I just got home these are what my bios are set at:

Dram Voltage - 1.65000

VCCSA Voltage - 0.90000

VCCIO Voltage - 1.20000

Cpu PLL Voltage - 1.85000

The other ones are Auto with Cpu Spread Spectrum - Disabled

I should be changing all of those to auto with the exception of Dram Voltage right?
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Sep 2011 at 1:40am

Alright so I just got home these are what my bios are set at:Dram Voltage - 1.65000VCCSA Voltage - 0.90000VCCIO Voltage - 1.20000Cpu PLL Voltage - 1.85000The other ones are Auto with Cpu Spread Spectrum - DisabledI should be changing all of those to auto with the exception of Dram Voltage right?

none of those voltages are crazy off but yea i would go to auto.
Cerebros View Drop Down

Quote Cerebros Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 12:40am
 Just wanted to give you a little update. I was able to get my Vcore stable at 1.38 which makes me idle about that sometimes goes up to 1.39 so I am happy with that. Under load I am doing pretty good too at 1.37-1.39 so I really appreciate your help over the weekend Rice.
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 12:45am

Just wanted to give you a little update. I was able to get my Vcore stable at 1.38 which makes me idle about that sometimes goes up to 1.39 so I am happy with that. Under load I am doing pretty good too at 1.37-1.39 so I really appreciate your help over the weekend Rice.

glad your happy with the settings
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12