FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Problem -Windows Kernel Processor Power errors

Post Date: 2011-02-05

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mom2one View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mom2one Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Problem -Windows Kernel Processor Power errors
    Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 11:51pm
Hello. I hope somebody can help me. I am computer illiterate...turning on the computer and surfing the internet is about the extent of my knowledge.

I purchased a DS computer this past summer. I have been having intermittent problems with the computer shutting down and restarting on its own and freezing. Today I decided to use the image disk from DS and start over. My husband also reseated everything. So far all is well but it really hasn't been long enough to know if this fixed my problem.

Here is my question. I noticed that I have the below error showing up in the event log. There are a bunch of them that all are similar...processor # is different on each. The one below is dated from when my computer was built. The next date is todays date after I did my restore of the image disk. I also see a bunch of warnings and errors in the event log under diagnostics-performance-operational. Its about shutdown and boot performance.

Is this what is causing my problem? Can I fix it? Does it have something to do with the overclocking of my computer?

Thanks for any help!

Log Name:      System
Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power
Date:          6/23/2010 1:58:29 PM
Event ID:      35
Task Category: (2)
Level:        Error
Keywords:      
User:          SYSTEM
Computer:      37L4247E29-32
Description:
Performance power management features on processor 1 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power" Guid="{0F67E49F-FE51-4E9F-B490-6F2948CC6027}" />
    <EventID>35</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>2</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-06-23T18:58:29.176429300Z" />
    <EventRecordID>31</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="64" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>37L4247E29-32</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
    <Data Name="Group">0</Data>
    <Data Name="Number">1</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>
maxyme View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote maxyme Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 4:56pm
has it actually said anything to you other than in the log? bc if it hasn't its probably not a problem just that when ds overclocks the processor they turned off power management probably.
Steam:pcmaster160
Mom2one View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Mom2one Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 5:12pm
Hello and thank you for taking the time to help me.

Prior to my using the DS image restore disc, I did have something show up after my computer would restart. Sorry, I did not write it down. It was something to do with blue screen and mini dumps. It also would sometimes say something to the effect that my computer was not shutdown properly.

I'm sorry. I wish I would have written it down. I just got so frustrated that I decided the easiest thing for me was to try the image restore disc. All that other testing by downloading a bunch of different programs seemed too complicated. I wouldn't have been able to decipher any of the results.

My main objective here is to just try and figure out if these errors are "ok" or not. Knock on wood.....I have not had any more freezing or computer restarting on it's own. Maybe the image disc restore worked?

BTW, my DS computer was overclocked by them.

THANK YOU!!!!!
maxyme View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote maxyme Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 5:36pm
did a little more reading and its some bug w/ windows not reading the correct cpu. so yea the disk image might have fixed it. this happened in 2008 when xp sp1 came out too so might be fixed by microsoft later or something but if its working now it probably will in the future. its definately a software problem not hardware.

also doesn't seem to be an overclock issue bc people that didn't oc have this problem too occasionally.

Edited by maxyme - 08 Feb 2011 at 5:40pm
Steam:pcmaster160
 Post Reply Post Reply